Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That does not mean domestic terrorism is acceptable.  These pieces of trash were also open flying Nazi flags, and PP supported them.

Again, argue with legal scholars at the Canadian civil liberties Association, they disagree with you.

https://ccla.org/major-cases-and-reports/emergencies-act/

Your opinion is great and you're entitled to it, it doesn't mean its legally sound and we need to care about that. Also, there are jerks everywhere, just bc some idiot waved a nazi flag doesn't mean all are. So please don't think in such a binary manner, that's silly.

Based on your logic, I guess everyone in parliament is a nazi since they all just gave one of Hitler's SS a standing ovation? See how binary thinking is illogical?

https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/gurski-the-truckers-convoy-is-many-things-but-it-is-not-terrorism

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

well thanks for joing in the discussion... what was asked of me was to find people protesting against the political progressive leaders... what i agreed to do was find that left leaning agendas were violent because there were a few claiming they did not exist... so i did exactly what i wanted to prove, that left leaning protests can be violent outside of extremist or facist protests... so congrats i award you the ignorance badge

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

well thanks for joing in the discussion... what was asked of me was to find people protesting against the political progressive leaders... what i agreed to do was find that left leaning agendas were violent because there were a few claiming they did not exist... so i did exactly what i wanted to prove, that left leaning protests can be violent outside of extremist or facist protests... so congrats i award you the ignorance badge

Those were right wing crackpots, but thanks for the ignorance badge, coming from you that's a high honour.

Activists say some suspects arrested at Coutts have white supremacist links

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/some-arrested-at-coutts-border-protest-have-white-supremacist-links-activists-feds

Edited by Playoff Beered

8 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Are you going to defend Trudeau saying it was ok to protest anything in Canada except the government and then freezing bank accounts? That raised eye brows all over the world except liberals here i suppose.

You think shutting down an entire city and terrorizing the people who live there for three weeks is a "protest".  Canada has a long history of convoy protests to Ottawa, but get in for a weekend, say your piece and get out.

Further to that, this was a protest based completely in conspiracy culture.  

Just now, Dankmemes187 said:

The ignorance is shocking. I've seen so many examples of, you have to be willfully blind to claim they never happened. These guys are one toke from becoming Cathy Griffin with Trump head. 

Just now, Playoff Beered said:

Those were right wing crackpots, but thanks for the ignorance badge, coming from you that's a high honour.

please dont tell me you actually believe right wing political parties are fighting against the pipeline? are you just playing dirty pool or you looking for a second award?

5 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

Coutts was far right, the other example was an attack on a work site.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

You think shutting down an entire city and terrorizing the people who live there for three weeks is a "protest".  Canada has a long history of convoy protests to Ottawa, but get in for a weekend, say your piece and get out.

Further to that, this was a protest based completely in conspiracy culture.  

No body from the government would meet with them, remember? JT got covid and went into quarantine while those UN thugs trampled old ladies with walkers.

1 hour ago, Rob Eh said:

It almost seems like people don't like him. Might explain why he's polling at 22%

ummm...prove your statement.  numbers state 33%

Why is it you've done literally nothing but lie here?  In fact, why is it people on your camp or with your slant always seem to lie their asses off?  You never produce facts and when you make statements and are asked to back it up you instead insult people and then change the subject while claiming "i won that round" after responding to yourself

Just now, stawns said:

Coutts was far right, the other example was an attack on a work site.  

no sorry try again, the people delivering the violence were from the self proclaimed anti hate group... again try to make me belive the right wing extremists were planning to murder a group that was associated with the right... please do your research before spreading misinformation

5 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

please dont tell me you actually believe right wing political parties are fighting against the pipeline? are you just playing dirty pool or you looking for a second award?

Activists say some suspects arrested at Coutts have white supremacist links

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local-news/some-arrested-at-coutts-border-protest-have-white-supremacist-links-activists-feds

1 hour ago, Dankmemes187 said:

but the questions still remains should we be using violence against left political parties or just extremist rallies?

Sir,  please find my responses here to that question 

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

You're basically asking for those inhuman scum who exist to erase people from the human race based on how they look, who they love or how they identify to be treated the same or better than the people who exist in an ideology that exists only to remove them.

If the smallest minority of people take up arms in violence against them it doesn't make them necessarily the same.  it doesn't make them good people but there is zero tolerance for intolerance.  You don't get a pass for screaming at a young gay teenager just for existing.  If you do and a parent friend or relative or even innocent bystander brains you for being a repugnant bigot I will not agree with their use of violence but I sure as hell will accept the reasons why they did it.

You do not accept intolerance with tolerance.  Period.

image.thumb.png.458fca0d45c9820ca48d916767c5ef42.png

image.png.a4033ef1fac5cb5c76ac788ec8fb5276.png

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If anyone calls themselves anti fascist and are violently attacking nationalists and individuals who exist only with the sole purpose of removing marginalized members fro society because they simply exist.

Ya.  I don't care what they do or how they do it.  I don't accept fascism, bigotry hate or racism.  If you are trying to exterminate a member or group from civilized society simply for being there.  The more violent the response towards your actions the better the better.

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If there is a group that is protesting for the sole reason of sublimating, eliminating further marginalizing or to strip the rights and freedoms from a group simply because of who they are, how they look, what they believe in or who they love or how they identify.

I am 100% ok with squashing that with violence.  Because intolerance can not and should not be tolerated.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

These "two" have to be the same person with two accounts right?

I'm actually getting a bit worried...I keep coming across educated professionals in my regular job duties who actually seems to  believe and talk about things like:

"They're teaching kids how to suck dicks in school"

"They're turning all our young boys in to fags so they won't fight back in the coming battle for freedom"

This isn't just from back water bumpkins...actual, educated professional in larger cities... It's terrifying.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

ummm...prove your statement.  numbers state 33%

Why is it you've done literally nothing but lie here?  In fact, why is it people on your camp or with your slant always seem to lie their asses off?  You never produce facts and when you make statements and are asked to back it up you instead insult people and then change the subject while claiming "i won that round" after responding to yourself

https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1705651728887017593

3 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

well i stand corrected... i can make mistakes... but the other two were most likley from left leaning agendas unless you have proof otherwise.

1 minute ago, Dankmemes187 said:

well i stand corrected... i can make mistakes... but the other two were most likley from left leaning agendas unless you have proof otherwise.

They've srubbed most of their wrong doing off of youtube, there's no doubt about that. All the videos i saw during the riots are gone now.

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm actually getting a bit worried...I keep coming across educated professionals in my regular job duties who actually seems to  believe and talk about things like:

"They're teaching kids how to suck dicks in school"

"They're turning all our young boys in to fags so they won't fight back in the coming battle for freedom"

This isn't just from back water bumpkins...actual, educated professional in larger cities... It's terrifying.

hey did you even read what you are stating before associating me with some hate mongrel... pathetic and gross statements with no basis

Just now, Rob Eh said:

They've srubbed most of their wrong doing off of youtube, there's no doubt about that. All the videos i saw during the riots are gone now.

The internet doesn't forget.  Things on the internet don't just disappear.

If you can't find it it means it doesn't exist.  Which, with your ability to quote yourself, your doubling down on a deepfake video you swore was real no matter what and your repeated lies which have been disproven about a dozen times in less than a dozen pages we can safely say again you're full of it.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Are you going to defend Trudeau saying it was ok to protest anything in Canada except the government and then freezing bank accounts? That raised eye brows all over the world except liberals here i suppose.

lol hold up champ.

Lemme ask ya about why it was ok for truckers to block two essential border crossings some armed, some with openly white supremacist ties and some with a plan to atack rcmp and border officers; and for others to blockade take over and terrorize downtown ottawa and it's a "protest" 

But when my people sit in their own houses, on their own land and refuse to allow a pipeline to run through THEIR territory, they're climate terrorists and the RCMP forcibly kick in their doors and thrown them in jail?

No no, please tell me how one is acceptable and one isn't.  In your best opinion please.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

You're not getting the ignorance badge you gave me back, but good on you for owning your shit.

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Vintage 1