Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Don't even worry about it, probably alot of non-sense rambling that I wouldn't even want to follow up on lol

Enjoy your vacation. 

No no I can't let things like this go

Don't get me started now

• Haha 2
  • Wiener 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Linking PP with Trump isn't working, as is shown in the polls and in the gen z voting.  So, Trudeau and the liberal government will need to find another plan of attack.  Talking about Alex Jones for 2 minutes in front of reporters didn't really work for Trudeau either.  He needs to fire his PR department and hire better people...

Must truth be popular to be truth?

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2
  • MillerTime 1

5 minutes ago, top shelf peanut butter said:

They argue Donny Dotard is a white nationalist. The Liberals helped bring a Nazi to parliament then proceeded to applaud for him. Dunno, seems like PM Blackface has more in common with Trump than PP does

We've been through this Nazi in parliament stuff several times...

- all members of all parties stood up to cheer for the guy

- once  it was found who the guy actually was the single lib who invited him resigned in shame

- it has never been the policy of the libs, or any party,  to glorify Nazis

Justin in blackface can't be defended.   All that could be said is he's not likely to do it again.

Dotard may or may not be a white nationalist.  What is known is that he's happy to cozy up to them if it will win votes.     That's more of a PP behavior than  JT.          .

• ThereItIs 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I get it, I grew up there. Harewood used to have that rep too, still does to a lesser degree. I wound up working with a lot of the folks who'd been living in the tent city though, it was interesting. Drawing from that experience, I can't emphasize enough how complicated it all is. Being homeless in itself can be incredibly traumatic for all sorts of reasons. 

It's not just Nanaimo though, Duncan, Port Alberti, Campbell River, and everywhere else experience it too. 

It's everywhere though, I moved up to Dawson last June and we have the exact same problems up here that were in Nanaimo, albeit on a smaller scale and within a community context that features fewer resources. Shootings, tent communities in the woods, bodies found, OD's, it's all here too. Folks in every community view it as an issue in their community, but it's an issue everywhere. 

One thing I wish they would do is actually do something with the addicts that are terrorizing cities with crime and violence.  Get those wackjobs off the street and thin the heard so the ones that aren’t a cancer to society can get the gel they need and deserve.  Fully agree it’s so complicated!

21 minutes ago, top shelf peanut butter said:

They argue Donny Dotard is a white nationalist. The Liberals helped bring a Nazi to parliament then proceeded to applaud for him. Dunno, seems like PM Blackface has more in common with Trump than PP does

Winner of the worst take of the day!  What a ridiculous post 🤦 

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

We've been through this Nazi in parliament stuff several times...

- all members of all parties stood up to cheer for the guy

- once  it was found who the guy actually was the single lib who invited him resigned in shame

- it has never been the policy of the libs, or any party,  to glorify Nazis

Justin in blackface can't be defended.   All that could be said is he's not likely to do it again.

Dotard may or may not be a white nationalist.  What is known is that he's happy to cozy up to them if it will win votes.     That's more of a PP behavior than  JT.          .

In regards to the black face thing, that didn’t happen recently, when it did, it wasn’t so frowned upon, we weren’t as woke as a society

3 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

Dotard?  I thought you said you were above name calling?   Hmmm...

Nobody is above calling that POSsS what he is.  Get your lips of the Dotards tail end

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Rook said:

In regards to the black face thing, that didn’t happen recently, when it did, it wasn’t so frowned upon, we weren’t as woke as a society

I dunno.   At the time it came out my wife made the same comment about his youth.   I mentioned that I, or anyone I knew, would not have done that when I was in my twenties.  I was 20 in 1975. 

5 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

Dotard?  I thought you said you were above name calling?   Hmmm...

I was directly quoting the person I responded to.   What are you trying for with this post?  Hmmm...

Just now, Spring Salmon said:

I was pointing out his hypocracy but I wouldn't expect you to see that

I can see hypocrisy when it exists.   All I did was use the same name the OP used.   I suspect he may easily be confused and I wanted to be clear who I was referring to.

I think you are fishing Mr. Salmon.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rook said:

Winner of the worst take of the day!  What a ridiculous post 🤦 

But then you're defending Justin for blackfacing as if he was completely incapable of discerning it was wrong to do not once but numerous times. If my post was stupid, then you must be the heavyweight champion of dumb assery

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Linking PP with Trump isn't working, as is shown in the polls and in the gen z voting.  So, Trudeau and the liberal government will need to find another plan of attack.  Talking about Alex Jones for 2 minutes in front of reporters didn't really work for Trudeau either.  He needs to fire his PR department and hire better people...

PP has officially supported a known hate group calling for civil war ..... Among other things

If you condone that behaviour I have zero left that warrants further comment to you.

4 minutes ago, top shelf peanut butter said:

But then you're defending Justin for blackfacing as if he was completely incapable of discerning it was wrong to do not once but numerous times. If my post was stupid, then you must be the heavyweight champion of dumb assery

Dumb assery is saying because someone did wrong i get a free pass to be bad ..... And you can't call it out

Truduea was wrong to do blackface and was right to own it an apologize. Doesn't mean everyone should forgive or forget 

Doesn't give any person ... PP included any right to justify their bad .... Each person is solely responsible for their actions 

24 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I dunno.   At the time it came out my wife made the same comment about his youth.   I mentioned that I, or anyone I knew, would not have done that when I was in my twenties.  I was 20 in 1975. 

Don’t forget this was in the time of movies like White chicks.. there was also  the Robert downy Jr movie as well.. plus many others that used Whitefsfe/blackface.  You were ahead of your time my friend!

23 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

I was pointing out his hypocracy but I wouldn't expect you to see that

It’s one thing to call each other here names and calling the biggest peace of 💩 to ever hold public office a name

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, top shelf peanut butter said:

If I have to expain why it was a silly post you’ve already lost the battle

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rook said:

Don’t forget this was in the time of movies like White chicks.. there was also  the Robert downy Jr movie as well.. plus many others that used Whitefsfe/blackface.  You were ahead of your time my friend!

In 1975 Archie Bunker did a black face episode that didn't get criticized 

Times have changed for the better for sure .... Not sure when society finally said that was never ok .... Maybe 90's ?

Google shows UK ending it on tv by 1980 and In north America it only has a few instances on tv through the 80's and all but gone by 1990

Truduea was 2001 when he did blackface ... Years after media had stopped using it on media ...he should have known better 

Edited by Sapper

1 hour ago, top shelf peanut butter said:

It's fine, I wouldn't want to interrupt your defense of blackfacing anyway, more rope to hang yourself or such 

So not only do you have horrible opinions, you put words in peoples mouths.  I have never defended blackface. You are acting like a typical member of the fringe minority right now.. let’s remember that the libs had no idea who the guy they cheered for was a POS NAZI. But as usual, that doesn’t fit your narrative so you will ignore the facts 🤦