Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

13 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

It's real simple. More than once satchmo said he was above petty name calling. Then a few days later he does the exact same thing,  but it's ok because they're "fair game". I was pointing that out. 

It's really not a big deal if someone calls Pierre "PeePee" or Freeland "The hobbit of Hyperinflation".   If they can't handle that then they shouldn't be politicians. 

they are fair game by their actions, not because you personally don't like them. Putin is a monster, and yet we still see people on here talking about how the Ukraine invasion is somehow the US military industrial complex fault. 

Sure, you can continue to try to harp on Trudeau for blackface, but he did run and win an election after that came out. To me that settles it, but if someone needs to cling to it by all means fill your boots. 

• Cheers 2

Some of the common signs your in a cult 

1. Absolute authoritarianism without accountability
  2. Zero tolerance for criticism or questions
  3. Lack of meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget
  4. Unreasonable fears about the outside world that often involve evil conspiracies and persecutions
  5. A belief that former followers are always wrong for leaving and there is never a legitimate reason for anyone else to leave

.The only true source of information that is correct is from the leader. All other news is fake or wrong 

Kinda matches the PP conservative movement

2 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Some of the common signs your in a cult 

1. Absolute authoritarianism without accountability
  2. Zero tolerance for criticism or questions
  3. Lack of meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget
  4. Unreasonable fears about the outside world that often involve evil conspiracies and persecutions
  5. A belief that former followers are always wrong for leaving and there is never a legitimate reason for anyone else to leave

.The only true source of information that is correct is from the leader. All other news is fake or wrong 

Kinda matches the PP conservative movement

That sums up the liberal party pretty good. Thanks for pointing that out

10 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

That sums up the liberal party pretty good. Thanks for pointing that out

ridiculous.

You guys are the ones trying to make an equivalence between something like a dumb blackface costume, with hanging out with white nationalists and refusing to call it out. 

Posted (edited)

Honda’s $15B Ontario EV plant marks ‘historic day,’ Trudeau says (msn.com)

Why are the Liberals so bad with money

$5 billion handed off to a foreign corporation in exchange for 1000 jobs (Most of them foreign jobs) works out to $5 million per job.  Normal Canadians don't have the cash to buy a $50,000+ electric vehicle.  

Billions of dollars in extra debt for essentially corporate welfare.  

Edited by bolt

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

ridiculous.

You guys are the ones trying to make an equivalence between something like a dumb blackface costume, with hanging out with white nationalists and refusing to call it out. 

Meanwhile corrupt justin gets praised by the leader of Hamas and invites a former SS officer to get applauded in Parliament.  There is a reason Justin who has been enganged in mass corruption is falling in the polls.  I guess everyone who is opposed to Justin which is now 70%+ is a white supremist in your eyes.  

Didn't corrupt Justin also shake hands with Iranian terrorists who murdered Canadians?  A little worse than perceived "white supremists (because the cbc said so) protesting Justin's tax increases?

Trudeau criticized for shaking hands with Iranian foreign minister after deadly plane crash - National | Globalnews.ca

Edited by bolt

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

$5 billion handed off to a foreign corporation in exchange for 1000 jobs (Most of them foreign jobs) works out to $5 million per job.  Normal Canadians don't have the cash to buy a $50,000+ electric vehicle.  

Might want to have a closer look…

$5B joint Provincial/Federal means Conservative /Liberal partnership. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

Most of what you say is just your opinion, which you are welcome to express.   But the bolded bit is just incorrect.

(And who says the vehicles may only be sold in Canada?)

Just now, Satchmo said:

Most of what you say is just your opinion, which you are welcome to express.   But the bolded bit is just incorrect.

(And who says the vehicles may only be sold in Canada?)

How much government funding per job?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bolt said:

Meanwhile corrupt justin gets praised by the leader of Hamas and invites a former SS officer to get applauded in Parliament.  There is a reason Justin who has been enganged in mass corruption is falling in the polls.  I guess everyone who is opposed to Justin which is now 70%+ is a white supremist in your eyes.  

Justin was not praised by Hamas.   He was thanked by them, as was Australia and New Zealand.   And why?  For proposing a ceasefire in Gaza. (please tell me why a ceasefire would be a bad thing).   He then condemned Hamas, as he has always done.  PP and Sigh made the same condemnations.

As per Nazis (and not SS officers.  Where did that come from?) I can only repeat myself:

We've been through this Nazi in parliament stuff several times...

- all members of all parties stood up to cheer for the guy

- once  it was found who the guy actually was the single lib who invited him resigned in shame

- it has never been the policy of the libs, or any party,  to glorify Nazis

Edited by Satchmo
typo
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, bolt said:

Meanwhile corrupt justin gets praised by the leader of Hamas

which he called out. Where is PP's condemnation of the white nationalists he visited last week?

and invites a former SS officer to get applauded in Parliament. 

facts are your friend. You guys keep saying this like it will become true.

The speaker screwed up. 

There is a reason Justin who has been enganged in mass corruption is falling in the polls.  I guess everyone who is opposed to Justin which is now 70%+ is a white supremist in your eyes.  

what "mass corruption"?

No, only the white nationalists and the ones that openly support that are. Is that you? 

Didn't corrupt Justin also shake hands with Iranian terrorists who murdered Canadians?  A little worse than perceived "white supremists (because the cbc said so) protesting Justin's tax increases?

Trudeau criticized for shaking hands with Iranian foreign minister after deadly plane crash - National | Globalnews.ca

you'd prefer he punch him in the face to begin diplomacy? 

Edited by Bob Long

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Justin was not praised by Hamas.   He was thanked by them, as was Australia and New Zealand.   And why?  For proposing a ceasefire in Gaza. (please tell me why a ceasefire would be a bad thing).   He then condemned Hamas, as he has always done.  PP and Sigh did made the same condemnations.

As per Nazis (and not SS officers.  Where did that come from?) I can only repeat myself:

We've been through this Nazi in parliament stuff several times...

- all members of all parties stood up to cheer for the guy

- once  it was found who the guy actually was the single lib who invited him resigned in shame

- it has never been the policy of the libs, or any party,  to glorify Nazis

Meanwhile Poilivre openly supports domestic terrorism and we're in a cult if we want him held accountable and don't want want vermin like him in charge of the country.

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

We'll just have to wait and see how things work out.  This seems to be the plan though:

In an interview on Rosemary Barton Live that aired Sunday, Ontario Economic Development Minister Vic Fedeli was more direct, saying that there would be "short-term technical experts" brought in to install equipment and train Ontarians.

"You need the technical experts. They're going to come in — not only to help install, but train hundreds and then thousands of the employees on how to use the equipment — and then return," he told CBC chief political correspondent Rosemary Barton.

BTW - I've been to both the States and the UK to train people there.  Then I came home causing no international incidences.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

which he called out. Where is PP's condemnation of the white nationalists he visited last week?

facts are your friend. You guys keep saying this like it will become true.

The speaker screwed up. 

what "mass corruption"?

No, only the white nationalists and the ones that openly support that are. Is that you? 

you'd prefer he punch him in the face to begin diplomacy? 

Canada is in much better shape than compared to 2015 hey? Only the white nationalists support what exactly?  

All the Trudeau government's scandals (thus far) | National Post

13 minutes ago, bolt said:

How much government funding per job?

I'm not convinced simple division of the numbers in the article gives the correct answer.   If it does, which is extremely unlikely imo, your number is correct.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Meanwhile Poilivre openly supports domestic terrorism and we're in a cult if we want him held accountable and don't want want vermin like him in charge of the country.

Meanwhile, Justin Trudeau has the worst polling numbers of any sitting prime minister.  I guess incompetence, ineptness and corruption has consequences.

Canada polls | 338Canada

Edited by bolt
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I'm not convinced simple division of the numbers in the article gives the correct answer.   If it does, which is extremely unlikely imo, your number is correct.

So you can't even give a estimate because you know it's extremely high per job.

Edited by bolt

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, bolt said:

Canada is in much better shape than compared to 2015 hey? Only the white nationalists support what exactly?  

All the Trudeau government's scandals (thus far) | National Post

Nobody is saying only white nationalists support PP.   There are life long Conservative voters backing him because they support the party.

People are saying PP is more cozy with certain organizations than the leader of a Canadian political party should be.  It strongly implies that he does not care what someone believes as long as they will vote for him.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bolt said:

So you can't even give a estimate because you know it's extremely high per job.

The answer is yet to be seen.  You are over simplifying the complicated.  

Edited by Satchmo

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bolt said:

Meanwhile, Justin Trudeau has the worst polling numbers of any sitting prime minister.  I guess incompetence, ineptness and corruption has consequences.

Canada polls | 338Canada

I'd still take a government with those accusations over a bigot like Poilivre who has made it clear that he wants to destroy the country with his barbaric beliefs and embrace the terrorist swine who support Poilivre.  The consequences for Poilivre's doubling down on the racism and hate speech should be prison, not the stupidest people in the country putting that vermin in the PM's office.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

you seem hung up on the white nationalist thing. Why is that? 

Maybe because you and Liberals just call out those who don't vote/agree with them as a white nationalist and/or uneducated?  You seem to love the division Trudeau is feeding you.    

Edited by bolt

Just now, bolt said:

Maybe because you and Liberals just call out those who don't vote for them as white nationalist and/or uneducated?  You seem to love the division Trudeau is feeding you.  

Can you back up this claim?