Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

lol hold up champ.

Lemme ask ya about why it was ok for truckers to block two essential border crossings some armed, some with openly white supremacist ties and some with a plan to atack rcmp and border officers; and for others to blockade take over and terrorize downtown ottawa and it's a "protest" 

But when my people sit in their own houses, on their own land and refuse to allow a pipeline to run through THEIR territory, they're climate terrorists and the RCMP forcibly kick in their doors and thrown them in jail?

No no, please tell me how one is acceptable and one isn't.  In your best opinion please.

did this person call anyone a climate terrorist about a pipeline? that is not cool if true...

Just now, Playoff Beered said:

You're not getting the ignorance badge you gave me back, but good on you owning your shit.

hey i might deserve it... sorry you did great thanks for the article... im unforunatly a alberta resident... i do not have a representative that federal representative that supports my views, so i refuse to vote in federal elections... this central ice party might be something maybe when im 50, they might gain some traction

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The internet doesn't forget.  Things on the internet don't just disappear.

If you can't find it it means it doesn't exist.  Which, with your ability to quote yourself, your doubling down on a deepfake video you swore was real no matter what and your repeated lies which have been disproven about a dozen times in less than a dozen pages we can safely say again you're full of it.

I said YT, once again with the reading comprehension. I've seen numerous videos banned from YT that are still on rumble. 

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Sir,  please find my responses here to that question 

that answered nothing about conservative political parties but did answer whether you think its appropriate to be violent against facists. thanks, for lengthy response i guess... 

30 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

No body from the government would meet with them, remember? JT got covid and went into quarantine while those UN thugs trampled old ladies with walkers.

Why would the government negotiate with terrorists whose manifesto including overthrowing it?  There was no reason to treat those lunatics with any respect whatsoever.

• Vintage 3

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The internet doesn't forget.  Things on the internet don't just disappear.

If you can't find it it means it doesn't exist.  Which, with your ability to quote yourself, your doubling down on a deepfake video you swore was real no matter what and your repeated lies which have been disproven about a dozen times in less than a dozen pages we can safely say again you're full of it.

Does Alex Jones exist? Not endorsing him, just using an example of things that don't just disappear from the internet.

What about Kanye West, i haven't heard a thing about him since his cancellation, again not an endorsement. Hitler was a bad guy, obviously. He didn't bring alot to the table.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Why would the government negotiate with terrorists whose manifesto including overthrowing it?  There was no reason to treat those lunatics with any respect whatsoever.

and when the pc party wins, if they decide anti facists are terrorists? be careful what you wish for, people remember how they are treated...

3 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

and when the pc party wins, if they decide anti facists are terrorists? be careful what you wish for, people remember how they are treated...

I'm not sure what else you can call the crimes those worthless parasites were committing in Ottawa.  Keep in mind that even Doug Ford agreed that it wasn't acceptable.

• Vintage 1

The Right in America promised that they wouldn't repeal the abortion law. As soon as they had the power they repealed it. I'm pretty sure that they plan to do the same here. If they love the baby in the womb, then why do they stop loving it after it is born. Socio-economic conditions that their policies have caused? They don't want to help single mothers yet it is still the babies who suffer. Who cares about lefty libtard babies though right. Stinking hypocrites.

The myth of conservative fiscal management. Do people already forget that they sold half of our wheatboard to the Saudis to help "balance" the budget. The bailed out an auto company with billions of tax dollars then structured it so that the company could weasel out of paying. They then sold all the stocks of the company to "balance" the budget. Since we were no longer stakeholders, the company moved their manufacturing plant to Mexico. They made an arms deal with Saudis and included a clause that we would have to pay 3 billion dollars if we renege.

They closed BC's Coast Guard station. They give tax breaks to the ultra wealthy while taking away from the average citizen. Cuts to aid for the disabled, cuts to seniors programs, cuts to student aid, and cuts to programs for the most vulnerable.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

12 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

did this person call anyone a climate terrorist about a pipeline? that is not cool if true...

Numerous right wing publications as well as numerous rcmp officers including brass & CSIS and MPs made comments about whether or not the individuals in the pipeline stand off constituted terrorists yes.

When I hear people trying to defend the Coutts blockade, the bridge blockade or the ottawa occupation and then decry how money was held in accounts from protestors who were benefitting from the ongoing panhandling to support it; I also need to question why it is that these blockades and protests were allowed to continue and enjoyed support from the same people that suggested that indigenous protestors on their own lands in their own homes were possibly terrorists and applauded RCMP sniper teams being in the area training guns on protestors 

I 100% support the right to protest.  This is an immutable right in our nation.  What i do not support is the glaring hypocrisy many display depending on the protest in question

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/conservative-mp-questions-whether-rail-blockades-constitute-terrorism-1.4830220?cache=xyapyxtpkz

Canada's civilian spy service assessed whether First Nations land rights activists who disrupt trains should be classed as a "terrorist threat" to national security alongside the likes of Al-Qaeda and ISIS, according to declassified documents.

But the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) eventually decided the label wouldn't stick after probing the issue in secret, internal studies whose findings were shared with government officials in an unclassified March 2021 counterterror briefing.

CSIS reached this conclusion through analysis of the Canadian criminal code, under which, to be considered terrorism, interference or disruption of essential services must inflict death or injury through violence, or otherwise cause serious risk to public health and safety.

"Unsophisticated acts of unlawful interference [like blockades] do not cross the terrorism threshold," the Integrated Terrorism Assessment Centre (ITAC) said in a report released through access-to-information law.

• Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

that answered nothing about conservative political parties but did answer whether you think its appropriate to be violent against facists. thanks, for lengthy response i guess... 

I see no credible evidence about violence or intimidation against Conservative MPs in canada along the same lines as I have seen against Liberal MPs or the PM since 2018.

I 100% agree that intolerance can not be met with tolerance and that individuals and groups protesting in favour of the removal of rights of marginalized individuals, the extermination of those groups or against their simple existence in modern society being met with violence is fine in my eyes.  If you feel that those individuals or those groups have a right to express those views without being met with anger and violence from the people of those marginalized groups or their loved ones then that is on you and is very telling.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

Does Alex Jones exist? Not endorsing him, just using an example of things that don't just disappear from the internet.

What about Kanye West, i haven't heard a thing about him since his cancellation, again not an endorsement. Hitler was a bad guy, obviously. He didn't bring alot to the table.

What is the point of this argument or comment?

It proves nothing.  there are numerous comments/statements about Alex Jones and Kanye West online over the past few months/years.  Your videos, being scrubbed.  They still exist.  Yet you still can not produce them as evidence of your statements.

Why is that?

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

The Right in America promised that they wouldn't repeal the abortion law. As soon as they had the power they repealed it. I'm pretty sure that they plan to do the same here. If they love the baby in the womb, then why do they stop loving it after it is born. Socio-economic conditions that their policies have caused? They don't want to help single mothers yet it is still the babies who suffer. Who cares about lefty libtard babies though right. Stinking hypocrites.

The myth of conservative fiscal management. Do people already forget that they sold half of our wheatboard to the Saudis to help "balance" the budget. The bailed out an auto company with billions of tax dollars then structured it so that the company could weasel out of paying. They then sold all the stocks of the company to "balance" the budget. Since we were no longer stakeholders, the company moved their manufacturing plant to Mexico. They made an arms deal with Saudis and included a clause that we would have to pay 3 billion dollars if we renege.

They closed BC's Coast Guard station. They give tax breaks to the ultra wealthy while taking away from the average citizen. Cuts to aid for the disabled, cuts to seniors programs, cuts to student aid, and cuts to programs for the most vulnerable.

These are immutable facts.

17 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

lol hold up champ.

Lemme ask ya about why it was ok for truckers to block two essential border crossings some armed, some with openly white supremacist ties and some with a plan to atack rcmp and border officers; and for others to blockade take over and terrorize downtown ottawa and it's a "protest" 

But when my people sit in their own houses, on their own land and refuse to allow a pipeline to run through THEIR territory, they're climate terrorists and the RCMP forcibly kick in their doors and thrown them in jail?

No no, please tell me how one is acceptable and one isn't.  In your best opinion please.

1 - No but i also think no one was terrorized in Ottawa. They did catch antifa trying to burn down an apartment building and blame it on the truckers but that only matters if you don't have selective hearing. There were more Sikh truckers than any other nationality there.

2 - I did not say that. They have every right to govern themselves. The government has no right to their lands in my opinion and i don't blame them one bit for looking out for their own interests.

• Confused 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

I'm not sure what else you can call the crimes those worthless parasites were committing in Ottawa.  Keep in mind that even Doug Ford agreed that it wasn't acceptable.

just be careful lumping all of them into one bucket is all im pointing at... i have 4 vaccines, and thought the protest was complete bs... bur most people might consider me a conservative, even though i Support the LGBTQIA+ fight for equality, even if i dont agree with everything they say, i couldn't say much against it because im not a member myself, and could be ignorant of the the truths behind those messages so i shouldn't have a say

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

1 - No but i also think no one was terrorized in Ottawa. They did catch antifa trying to burn down an apartment building and blame it on the truckers but that only matters if you don't have selective hearing. There were more Sikh truckers than any other nationality there.

2 - I did not say that. They have every right to govern themselves. The government has no right to their lands in my opinion and i don't blame them one bit for looking out for their own interests.

My friends who live in Ottawa would disagree with the first statement, completely.

• Thanks 1

There is a global money laundering scheme called the Vancouver Model. It involves real estate and gambling. The reason homes cost so much to rent and to buy is a direct result of the policies of the right wingers. We're somehow expected to believe that they didn't know about it even though many people brought it to their attention.

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Numerous right wing publications as well as numerous rcmp officers including brass & CSIS and MPs made comments about whether or not the individuals in the pipeline stand off constituted terrorists yes.

When I hear people trying to defend the Coutts blockade, the bridge blockade or the ottawa occupation and then decry how money was held in accounts from protestors who were benefitting from the ongoing panhandling to support it; I also need to question why it is that these blockades and protests were allowed to continue and enjoyed support from the same people that suggested that indigenous protestors on their own lands in their own homes were possibly terrorists and applauded RCMP sniper teams being in the area training guns on protestors 

I 100% support the right to protest.  This is an immutable right in our nation.  What i do not support is the glaring hypocrisy many display depending on the protest in question

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/conservative-mp-questions-whether-rail-blockades-constitute-terrorism-1.4830220?cache=xyapyxtpkz

Canada's civilian spy service assessed whether First Nations land rights activists who disrupt trains should be classed as a "terrorist threat" to national security alongside the likes of Al-Qaeda and ISIS, according to declassified documents.

But the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) eventually decided the label wouldn't stick after probing the issue in secret, internal studies whose findings were shared with government officials in an unclassified March 2021 counterterror briefing.

CSIS reached this conclusion through analysis of the Canadian criminal code, under which, to be considered terrorism, interference or disruption of essential services must inflict death or injury through violence, or otherwise cause serious risk to public health and safety.

"Unsophisticated acts of unlawful interference [like blockades] do not cross the terrorism threshold," the Integrated Terrorism Assessment Centre (ITAC) said in a report released through access-to-information law.

I can tell you that fires near a energy plant is very dangerous, if something important caught fire it could be terrible... which is why they might think that... glad they ivestigated and realized it was not intended to escalate out of control... again speaking out of ignorance but were the border blockades mostly peaceful?

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

There is a global money laundering scheme called the Vancouver Model. It involves real estate and gambling. The reason homes cost so much to rent and to buy is a direct result of the policies of the right wingers. We're somehow expected to believe that they didn't know about it even though many people brought it to their attention.

have you not had left leaning politics for decades?

38 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

hey did you even read what you are stating before associating me with some hate mongrel... pathetic and gross statements with no basis

I'm not the one associating you with a bunch of wing-nut extreme right wing "facts".

2 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

1- Prove that "antifa did that" lol.  I dare you to try.  As well, having went to university in Ottawa and still having numerous friends that live there, the locals sure as hell felt terrorized having diesel fumes and air horns going off 24 hours a day for multiple weeks on end while being harassed for wearing masks while these individuals used open streets as bathrooms.  Prove that most of them were Sikh's.  I absolutely put you on notice to prove that.  I will post a nice link though to some Sikh truckers who were stuck in the US unable tog et home to Canada that "the truckers who cared" didn't care about

For 10 days, downtown residents have been subjected to relentless honking, random fireworks and choking diesel fumes from trucks parked near their homes. They've expressed outrage over the open display of hate symbols, and some say they've been subjected to racial, homophobic and transphobic slurs. Others claim they've been attacked for wearing masks.

"Being a woman of colour, I felt very fearful," said Arushana, who left her home in the ByWard Market to stay with a colleague in the Glebe last weekend. CBC is not using her last name because she is concerned for her safety.

After putting up with sleepless nights and fireworks being aimed at her building, one of the final straws was seeing a Confederate flag on her way home from work.

"I broke down," she said. "As a first generation immigrant child, seeing such hatred, especially when my parents came to this country to provide me and my sister with a better opportunity and a better life ... I didn't feel safe."

Kevin Nielsen described feeling "a general sense of terror," living within blocks of Parliament Hill and felt intimidated every time he left his building. He left his home on Thursday to stay with friends elsewhere in the city. 

"I was constantly on high alert," he said. "It had a large impact on my mental health." 

He said he witnessed others being subjected to homophobic slurs, while also facing them himself through social media.

"I am a Jewish woman … On top of the deafening honking and stench of diesel, seeing the rampant antisemitism and the harassment of women for wearing masks was incredibly distressing," one person wrote in an email.

Yet another wrote she was confronted on her way to the grocery store. "I was shoved, screamed at, called [sexist and homophobic slurs], and had three large men try to pen me in and physically block my way, because I was wearing a mask."

One woman said that even though she doesn't live downtown, she's still fearful.

"I am a brown woman and I am also incredibly scared of the occupiers. It infuriates me that people seem to be more upset about the war memorial than Nazi flags, Confederate flags and Trump flags being brandished about," she wrote.

"I have lived in Ottawa my whole life and … this is the first time in my life that I don't feel safe enough to [walk around]."

Kind of seems that they felt terrorized.  But then, you have an opinion so that's something right? 

OH wait, sorry.  Sikhs trapped due to Coutts.  It's funny how easy it is for me to find videos links and stories to validate my statements yet....yours are somehow scrubbed and can't be found at all

https://globalnews.ca/video/8591068/stuck-truckers-finding-ways-to-get-around-the-coutts-border-crossing-blockade-but-alberta-beef-industry-out-of-options

https://streamable.com/zt0nyw

The blockade also left truckers stranded in the U.S.

Lovepreet Singh said he arrived in Edmonton on Tuesday after waiting in Montana with 150 other trucks and a full load of fruit and vegetables for more than two days.

Singh said it was a frustrating wait that put the health of some truckers at risk.

“That’s not how Canadians behave,” said Singh in an interview.

“There are people (who) have medical issues like blood pressure issues, thyroid issues, asthma.”

He said many of those waiting ate pizza every day from a nearby store while listening to a constant refrain from police to sit tight and wait.

Singh said he eventually detoured through icy roads in British Columbia at a cost of seven extra hours and $400 in gas.

Some truck drivers who left earlier risked driving through snow squalls, he said. One rig hit the ditch.

“We don’t make enough money to survive in these kinds of situations,” said Singh.

2-  Then why is it that Truckers got a weeks long free pass and are still only called protestors yet these individuals were called terrorists and were forcibly removed from their own homes on their own land by the same people who applauded the truckers protestors in parliament?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

I can tell you that fires near a energy plant is very dangerous, if something important caught fire it could be terrible... which is why they might think that... glad they ivestigated and realized it was not intended to escalate out of control... again speaking out of ignorance but were the border blockades mostly peaceful?

Sir unfortunately.

No

https://globalnews.ca/news/9264433/emergencies-act-inquiry-coutts-border-blockades/

During the demonstration, hundreds of semi-trailers blocked the lanes in and out of the U.S., preventing a steady stream of commerce between the two countries.

Many of the protesters were combative. Some got into verbal confrontations with police officers, and others used farm equipment to break through roadblocks.

At one point during the operation, protesters attempted to ram a police car with a large farm tractor and a semi truck.

On Tuesday, an Alberta town councillor who became an unofficial spokesman for the protesters during the demonstration told the commission that the murder plot had sullied the purpose of the blockade.

“The perception around Coutts, unfortunately, due to the discovery of the guns and such, has tainted what Coutts was,” Fort Macleod, Alta., councillor Marco Van Huigenbos said from the witness stan

He said that after the weapons were discovered, it became clear that “every objective we were looking to achieve was no longer possible and that our message had been lost.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/8585533/alberta-rcmp-coutts-protest-convoy/

A trucker blockade in southern Alberta at the United States border turned violent Tuesday after some protesters breached police barriers to join the demonstration and some Mounties were reportedly attacked.

“I’ve received reports in the last hour of people aligned with the protesters assaulting RCMP officers, including one instance trying to ram members of the RCMP, later leading to a collision with a civilian vehicle,” said Premier Jason Kenney in a news conference that began around 4:30 p.m.

“This kind of conduct is totally unacceptable.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm not the one associating you with a bunch of wing-nut extreme right wing "facts".

you implied it with your comments by responding to a message that was directly implicated with me...

your comments included  obvious hate for a certain group with no regard for how was implicated... so if you dont think you did, you would be wrong