Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Sapper said:

I don't like truduea 

But I wouldn't vote for Satan just to remove him

How about conservatives clean up their house so we have a decent viable conservative leader to vote for as an alternative?

You nailed it Sap!!!

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Lol, "pp" is a terrible person? 

That's the best you got?  

Please vote for Trudeau because PP is a terrible person.

Muhahahaha!   

If the majority are like that then no wonder the country is in such a state!

Sorry, time for me to leave this thread, no point trying to reason about politics with people who believe a person is terrible as their sole reason to vote for an idiot instead.

The problem being he is not only a bad person but a complete moron who’s never had a real job outside politics and somehow amassed 10mil net worth

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Heretic said:

Lol, "pp" is a terrible person? 

That's the best you got?  

Please vote for Trudeau because PP is a terrible person.

Muhahahaha!   

If the majority are like that then no wonder the country is in such a state!

Sorry, time for me to leave this thread, no point trying to reason about politics with people who believe a person is terrible as their sole reason to vote for an idiot instead.

So are you voting for PP because you think Trudeau's a terrible person? It's fine if you do by the way because I tend to see that there's a reasoning behind someone not liking someone. Perhaps asking why someone thinks PP is a terrible person would be a little more productive. Just saying...

Edited by The Lock

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

They also treat and pay their employees fairly well.

Yes was gonna add this too!  What’s not to love about that place, except it makes me spend a lot of money haha

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Heretic runs a business. Are you suggesting there are banks with zero fees for business owners? 

It's more a global suggestion for anyone reading the thread: research your options and find solutions on your own instead of blaming the government for not doing it for you.  Make companies actually compete for your business.

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Same sex marriage has been legal in Canada since 2005. A same sex couple had also been able to adopt a child since 2000. 

So what exactly is your point with this meme?

Because of what's been going on in the states, we've been going backwards a bit as a society. It's great that that legislation took place, but there's been a bit of a need to protect these rights the way things have been going.

Personally, I'm hoping reversals of this legislation doesn't happen even with PP in charge (and I don't think it will), but the way things have been... it's hard not to think there's that chance. 😞

Edited by The Lock

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Same sex marriage had been legal in Canada since 2005. A same sex couple had also been able to adopt a child since 2000. 

So what exactly is your point with this meme?

Yup. Being homosexual isn’t a choice. It’s just how some people are. No reason why homosexuals can’t adopt (if they’re guys; women homosexuals can have kids of course) children. Heck we should be encouraging couples (gay, straight) to be having children. Good people are good people. Bad people are bad people. Hopefully sooner than later we are past this stupid gays are bad stuff. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, The Lock said:

Because of what's been going on in the states, we've been going backwards a bit as a society. It's great that that legislation took place, but there's been a bit of a need to protect these rights the way things have been going.

Those rights are already protected by law. Since like 18 years ago. So not sure why it even needs to be brought up other than to sow division. 

Also, are you suggesting they are taking away gay rights laws in the US?

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Personally, I'm hoping this doesn't happen even with PP in charge (and I don't think it will), but the way things have been... it's hard not to think there's that chance. 😞

I think Poo Poo stinks. If anyone who supports him says these terrible things then Poo Poo needs to shut that crap down immediately. There should be no room for this stupid stuff in Canada. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Being homosexual isn’t a choice. It’s just how some people are. No reason why homosexuals can’t adopt (if they’re guys; women homosexuals can have kids of course) children. Heck we should be encouraging couples (gay, straight) to be having children. Good people are good people. Bad people are bad people. Hopefully sooner than later we are past this stupid gays are bad stuff. 

We should not be encouraging couples who do not want children or are unable to properly care for children to have them.

Just now, Alflives said:

I think Poo Poo stinks. If anyone who supports him says these terrible things then Poo Poo needs to shut that crap down immediately. There should be no room for this stupid stuff in Canada. 

Has PP been saying that he will take away gay rights in Canada if elected?  That’s news to me. 

20 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No Amex acceptance.

I don’t blame them!! The fees for those cards is absolutely ridiculous and I do t accept them either unless they will pay part of the fee. If they came down to the rates to the other major cards they would prolly accept them 🤷 

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Has PP been saying that he will take away gay rights in Canada if elected?  That’s news to me. 

Don’t know. If Poo Poo does hear he has supporters who are saying these evil things then he needs to publicly denounce them. IMHAO Pretty Boy would. 

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His own voting history against those rights says enough.  He's already shown just how much of a bigot he is, and has shown zero signs that he's willing to act like a civilized person after the fact.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en/votes/38/1/75

• ThereItIs 2

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We should not be encouraging couples who do not want children or are unable to properly care for children to have them.

Good point. We should be supporting those couples who want children the best we can. Thank you for the correction. 😃

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t know. If Poo Poo does hear he has supporters who are saying these evil things then he needs to publicly denounce them. IMHAO Pretty Boy would. 

PP doesn't do that. He visits their trailers. 

15 minutes ago, Rook said:

I don’t blame them!! The fees for those cards is absolutely ridiculous and I do t accept them either unless they will pay part of the fee. If they came down to the rates to the other major cards they would prolly accept them 🤷 

That's their right as a business, but it's also part of why I choose to shop elsewhere.  I like simple solutions.

• Like 2

Hopefully folks can keep up the Loblaws boycott. Shop local. Walmart/Costco can also be cheaper. 

Also I recommend to get the Flipp app so you can see local flyers and sales. It has saved me a ton of money like when Walmart had a sale of strawberries for like 1.70 last week. 

Loading up on meats is also a good idea when there are good sales. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hopefully folks can keep up the Loblaws boycott. Shop local. Walmart/Costco can also be cheaper. 

Also I recommend to get the Flipp app so you can see local flyers and sales. It has saved me a ton of money like when Walmart had a sale of strawberries for like 1.70 last week. 

Save on foods will also price match anywhere and the rewards points can add up real fast if you're smart about it.  We had a thread like this on CDC that might be worth resurrecting so we don't further derail this one though.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His support of so called "parents rights" will absolutely infringe on gay rights. As far as same sex couples go, there are still many hurdles to adopting a child that aren't faced by other parents. A google search will highlight many of these challenges. Plus, I know a guy 😁. That's not to say things aren't getting better but we certainly don't want them getting worse. There's a lot of kids in need of a good home. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Another app my wife uses is ..   too good to go

It's day old items on the cheap. She gets bakery bread and goodies regularly