Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

14 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I will say though how comical it is when Pot keeps telling Kettle, "Yo, man, you're black!" without having the presence of mind (or maybe there is no mind to speak of?) to look in the mirror.  :classic_rolleyes:

If you can provide me with a situation where I have done that, that would be awesome.

Otherwise you are just continuing to prove my point 🤷

9 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

If you can provide me with a situation where I have done that, that would be awesome.

I'm not really tempted to look over all your posts Ricky.   I doubt you really want to look at all mine.   We'd probably both find a few biased and mildly hypocritical posts though.

I think the point being made is that 'both sides' can sometimes be accused of doing the same thing the other is complaining about.   That's just 21st century internet politics based on prehistoric human tendencies.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Every time I see your name I get hungry.  One of my ex's is Italian and her family made pasta from scratch....noodles...sauce and of course wine.🍷

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

MPs agree Canadian gov't should improve new disability benefit

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/canada-disability-benefit-needs-to-be-safeguarded-from-clawbacks-mps-unanimously-agree-1.6876783

Last line of the article: "The budget implementation bill to enact this benefit is currently working its way through Parliament, providing the opportunity for amendments."

Edited by 112

3 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Some people have their head soooo firmly buried in the sand it's impossible for them to see their biases and hypocrisy 

and those people find ways to grandstand like PP is doing.

He's willing to use the notwithstanding clause, basically as marketing. The guy is a joke. 

26 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Every time I see your name I get hungry.  One of my ex's is Italian and her family made pasta from scratch....noodles...sauce and of course wine.🍷

The irony of the post is not lost on me considering 90% of the posts on this thread are people whining about PP and how scary it's going to be if he's elected prime minister 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

For those without a doctor have you tried MyTelus Healthcare to see a virtual Doctor?

Free if you have an MSP card

https://www.telus.com/en/health/my-care/doctors

Useless if you need to be physically examined by a doctor and also ironic pushing private healthcare options when people scream that private is the devil is hilarious. How about we just fix our crumbling healthcare instead relying on Telus to save us

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

For those without a doctor have you tried MyTelus Healthcare to see a virtual Doctor?

Free if you have an MSP card

https://www.telus.com/en/health/my-care/doctors

There are better options that don't rely on these big companies that are destroying our healthcare. I would use Avee health instead. 

Hard pass on telus (trying hard to introduce ppns) and maple (owned by loblaws). 

9 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Useless if you need to be physically examined by a doctor and also ironic pushing private healthcare options when people scream that private is the devil is hilarious. How about we just fix our crumbling healthcare instead relying on Telus to save us

It's not private.

Fixing healthcare would be a lot easier without the hoards of immigrants coming in. It's impossible to keep up. 700 new family physicians have started panels in the past year thanks to the new LFP model in BC but it's hard to make a dent when the population is booming so much. 

Loblaws/ESI/Telus/etc are loving the deterioration of our healthcare as they lead the ushering in of private healthcare. Liberals and Conservatives are both in bed with them and are both working to make it a reality, to the detriment of us all.

Edited by Duodenum
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Easier said than done.  No one party has a magic wand that can magically fix health care.

It's not just Telus....there are all sorts doing it and it is handy for people who need something minor.  Itt isn't private healthcare.  It is covered under MSP.

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

There are better options that don't rely on these big companies that are destroying our healthcare. I would use Avee health instead. 

Hard pass on telus (trying hard to introduce ppns) and maple (owned by loblaws). 

It's not private.

Fixing healthcare would be a lot easier without the hoards of immigrants coming in. It's impossible to keep up. 700 new family physicians have started panels in the past year thanks to the new LFP model in BC but it's hard to make a dent when the population is booming so much. 

I used Telus as one example.

8 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

It's not private.

Loblaws/ESI/Telus/etc are loving the deterioration of our healthcare as they lead the ushering in of private healthcare. Liberals and Conservatives are both in bed with them and are both working to make it a reality, to the detriment of us all.

Liberals are defiantly not is bed with them lol.

52 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

so what do you mean by private? fully out of pocket? or you want a US-sytle insurance middleman? not sure what you're asking for. 

59 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Easier said than done.  No one party has a magic wand that can magically fix health care.

It's not just Telus....there are all sorts doing it and it is handy for people who need something minor.  Itt isn't private healthcare.  It is covered under MSP.

That's my mistake then. There is definitely ones that do charge you for access to a doctor though and that's not a road we need to be going down

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

The irony of the post is not lost on me considering 90% of the posts on this thread are people whining about PP and how scary it's going to be if he's elected prime minister 

You should come to the music or meme Off Topic forums and chill.  You will find a lot of common ground with people instead of just talking Politics.

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Dont matter who you support...

Untill governments do away with lobby groups, it's all a bit of a lie really. 

you kinda shouldnt be able to buy government, i dunno. 

I agree with this. My solution would be to allow it in a limited way - fully on camera, full text available to anyone, anyone can attend and ask questions.

Legit lobby concerns should have no issues with this.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Dont matter who you support...

Untill governments do away with lobby groups, it's all a bit of a lie really. 

you kinda shouldnt be able to buy government, i dunno. 

Canada doesn’t have a law that says Corporations are ‘people’. Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m assuming. 

Hopefully, that’s reflected in Legislation. 

18 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Canada doesn’t have a law that says Corporations are ‘people’. Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m assuming. 

Hopefully, that’s reflected in Legislation. 

There's legal separation from shareholders.

29 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Ya, no thanks there Pee Pee

This is the kind of bullshit that has no place in any civilized society.  We cannot allow vermin like this piece of shit to have any input at all regarding how the country is governed.