Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Disappointing but not surprising given what's gone on down in the US the past few years, and given the rhetoric we've seen across Canada in recent years. 

Words have power, particularly when they're coming from people of influence. There is legitimate cause for concern. 

it empowers the hoopleheads to harass people. Just like with the anti-vax nonsense. My kid works in retail, she got screamed at by a group of those shitheads about mask wearing. She handled it well, but my blood pressure went through the roofs. Some shitbag threatening your kid, all because people like Poilievre pander to their worst instincts for votes. 

This is no different. We're going to see morons cause trouble on Davie St. in Vancouver this summer, book it. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Spring Salmon said:

Not all, but on a lot.  Do you ever read what the NDP or the unions say on twitter?

I am not on Twitter.

Again, what I want to know is if these purported statements were against Jews or against recent policies of the Israeli government.

10 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I am not on Twitter.

Again, what I want to know is if these purported statements were against Jews or against recent policies of the Israeli government.

I'm not going to get into this right now on here.  Sign yourself up for twitter, it's free.  Then you can see all different opinions and what different MPs say in real time. They also have a comment section which they probably do not like.

I'm not going to get into this right now on here.  Sign yourself up for twitter, it's free.  Then you can see all different opinions and what different MPs say in real time. They also have a comment section which they probably do not like.

are you doing this for the CPC as well, or the PPC? some bat shit things on there too. 

17 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

To be perfectly honest, I have voted for the BCUP's when they were BC Libs, the provincial green party, the provincial NDP, federal Conservatives when they were the PC party, and the federal Greens before they had a seat, and the federal Liberal Party. I might actually vote for the federal NDP in my new riding in the next few elections, a distinct possibility. (edit: almost forgot the conservative Social Credit party in BC was one of my first ever votes) However as far as PP is concerned, he will never have my vote. His candidate won't win in my riding anyways, but what is on offer in the current federal Conservative Party does not interest me as a veteran, as a guy from a farming and logging family, as a college educated white man, as a disabled canadian or as a retired dude. I tick a lot of boxes, and in running down the chart of what Peter Poutine offers, and what his party offers Canada, I find it sadly lacking in details and high on abuse of powers, low on helping the most in need among us and high on giving to the richest 1% of Canada. In short there is nothing there to vote for when it comes to the career politician and rage farmer Pierre Poilievre. You are correct. 

That is a more honest answer. I disagree with your opinion on conservatives and NDP but accept it

39 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

it empowers the hoopleheads to harass people. Just like with the anti-vax nonsense. My kid works in retail, she got screamed at by a group of those shitheads about mask wearing. She handled it well, but my blood pressure went through the roofs. Some shitbag threatening your kid, all because people like Poilievre pander to their worst instincts for votes. 

This is no different. We're going to see morons cause trouble on Davie St. in Vancouver this summer, book it.

Yep. My daughter works at a Primary School and I told her that if any asshole shows up and starts yelling about "abusing kids", or "grooming", I want her to call me right away.

I was ready to hop in my car, drive to the school and show the scumbag that a Sherwood PMP has more than one use....

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

No thanks to signing up for twitter.   

As for this topic in this thread, I guess the proof that the NDP and unions are systematically anti Jewish isn't coming.  

BTW - I am suspect of both the NDP and unions for many things but not this.   I think the NDP can be dreamers and that unions can often be unreasonable.   My wife is a member of the school district union and some of its' policies are incomprehensible.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Yep. My daughter works at a Primary School and I told her that if any asshole shows up and starts yelling about "abusing kids", or "grooming", I want her to call me right away.

I was ready to hop in my car, drive to the school and show the scumbag that a Sherwood PMP has more than one use....

Brings out your inner Ray Donovan when someone acts this way 

• Cheers 1

Last week, Pierre Poilievre threatened to override the fundamental rights & freedoms of Canadians. Today, we saw Pierre's Conservative MP follow in his leader's footsteps & attack the Morgantaler decision - the Supreme Court ruling that decriminalized abortion in Canada.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Spring Salmon said:

That is a more honest answer. I disagree with your opinion on conservatives and NDP but accept it

More long winded and irrelevant info perhaps, but not more honest. I am honest in all my dealings. Good day.

Posted (edited)

‘Summer of discontent’ coming over public service in-office order: unions

https://globalnews.ca/news/10482632/federal-public-service-workers-fight-in-office-mandate/

Union stance

As well as to the local leadership: please put more emphasis on the benefits of wfh to Canadians.

During the last negotiations, the government often used public opinion on this to affirm its rto position and the unions barely addressed it.

Now we need the public if not to support us, then at least to understand what the taxpayers are getting if the public service workers were to work from home again.

• Climate issues: the government charging people carbon tax with the supposed to goal to reduce emissions, yet it needlessly puts more people on the roads (at least in the ncr) completely contradicting its own mandate

• Lack of job opportunities for the people in regions due to limiting the jobs to the ncr

•  

• Subsequent loss of diverse view points. The taxpayers want their issues to be known to the federal government but not having people residing across Canada and working for the federal government doesn’t allow for those issues to be raised

•  

• Dismissive attitude towards local business. Let it be known to the small business owners that their businesses across the country are far less valuable to the politicians than the businesses in the downtown Ottawa. They force employees to come to the offices and spend their money on commercial parkings, gas and downtown cafes instead of spending more money on the businesses in their residential areas

•  

• Broken commitments. Politicians who easily take the employees for granted, are likely to have the same approach to the promises they make to the taxpayers

•  

• Waste of money. The taxpayers are being charged with maintenance costs for the thousands of buildings just so the government employees are present for counting purposes. Is this the best way to use public funds?

•  

• Talent retention. The government needs the best employees to do the best possible jobs but it fails to create a healthy environment that would attract talent. They would rather outsource the work to the consulting firms and waste more public funds

•  

• Housing crisis. The government can get rid of the office buildings and convert them into the affordable housing units for the people

•  

• Public servants are also taxpayers and when we are upset about the unnecessary rto, it’s not only due to the inconvenience, but also because we know that we as the taxpayers will pay for all these inefficient policies

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

‘Summer of discontent’ coming over public service in-office order: unions

https://globalnews.ca/news/10482632/federal-public-service-workers-fight-in-office-mandate/

Union stance

As well as to the local leadership: please put more emphasis on the benefits of wfh to Canadians.

During the last negotiations, the government often used public opinion on this to affirm its rto position and the unions barely addressed it.

Now we need the public if not to support us, then at least to understand what the taxpayers are getting if the public service workers were to work from home again.

• Climate issues: the government charging people carbon tax with the supposed to goal to reduce emissions, yet it needlessly puts more people on the roads (at least in the ncr) completely contradicting its own mandate

• Lack of job opportunities for the people in regions due to limiting the jobs to the ncr

•  

• Subsequent loss of diverse view points. The taxpayers want their issues to be known to the federal government but not having people residing across Canada and working for the federal government doesn’t allow for those issues to be raised

•  

• Dismissive attitude towards local business. Let it be known to the small business owners that their businesses across the country are far less valuable to the politicians than the businesses in the downtown Ottawa. They force employees to come to the offices and spend their money on commercial parkings, gas and downtown cafes instead of spending more money on the businesses in their residential areas

•  

• Broken commitments. Politicians who easily take the employees for granted, are likely to have the same approach to the promises they make to the taxpayers

•  

• Waste of money. The taxpayers are being charged with maintenance costs for the thousands of buildings just so the government employees are present for counting purposes. Is this the best way to use public funds?

•  

• Talent retention. The government needs the best employees to do the best possible jobs but it fails to create a healthy environment that would attract talent. They would rather outsource the work to the consulting firms and waste more public funds

•  

• Housing crisis. The government can get rid of the office buildings and convert them into the affordable housing units for the people

•  

• Public servants are also taxpayers and when we are upset about the unnecessary rto, it’s not only due to the inconvenience, but also because we know that we as the taxpayers will pay for all these inefficient policies

Wtf? It's been a great time for unions.

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

You mean getting a contract below inflation?

Please, how about having a good job guaranteed through tough times. Go tell it to people toughing it out in the private sector.

7 hours ago, Spring Salmon said:

It was meme man come on

Meme or not.

This is an unarguable position.  Conservatives in the US and Canada are in fact banning books and certain education based in gender studies or racial history.

Why?  

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-renewables-pause-moratorium-aeso-foip-1.7196943

This ..... PP makes.decisions in the same manner as did Moe in Saskatchewan 

The modern conservatives policies are driven by instinct reaction to get in side with the political wind of the day .... Its all about votes and not about actual governing 

More concerning is that it's only the voices of their followers that matter. In Saskatchewan more people emailed ( like 100k.agaisnt and 16 for ) their LGBTQ legislation but Moe snapped to attention over just a fringe group from his followers 

Same in Alberta as the oil and gas crew going on a social media campaign to ridicule electric cars and windmills she moves to halt it all ... To appease the fringe 

PP so far has equally been more attentive to the extremist want lists of small groups within his followers ... While ignoring the majority who don't share his views on things such as LGBTQ and abortion issues 

• ThereItIs 1

16 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I think the point is how much money the Government can save with WFH

WFH is terrible and has been proven to be on average 15% less productive, pretty much great for the workers and terrible for businesses. This country is facing low productivity issues, people need to stop whining about not being able to stay home and go to work. WFH works is specialized instances not for the general public. 

22 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

WFH is terrible and has been proven to be on average 15% less productive, pretty much great for the workers and terrible for businesses. This country is facing low productivity issues, people need to stop whining about not being able to stay home and go to work. WFH works is specialized instances not for the general public. 

Studies have produced mixed results;

https://financialpost.com/fp-work/work-from-home-doesnt-affect-productivity-fed-study

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Please show me the stats on that.  From my understanding productivity goes up.

The govt buildings in Ottawa are full of bed bugs...rats and asbestos.  No one should be working in them.

And what are you talking about when you say general public?