Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

45 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Probably more fun than a fake lake.

What's the "embezzlement" part?

I mean, if that's "embezzlement", then I wonder what this "designated traveler" stuff is where tory MPs had taxpayers pay for their spouses' travel expenses to get to a partisan event?  :classic_rolleyes:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/political-parties-spending-rules-1.7204136

• ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, bolt said:

The horrible rap was a crime let alone paying him for it.

I can imagine.

39 minutes ago, bolt said:

So everytime we vote out Liberals, we turn Canada into the US?

No, it's when you scream that everything is a crime.

14 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I mean, if that's "embezzlement", then I wonder what this "designated traveler" stuff is where tory MPs had taxpayers pay for their spouses' travel expenses to get to a partisan event?  :classic_rolleyes:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/political-parties-spending-rules-1.7204136

Canadian level grift is funny compared to the rest of the planet. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I must say.......................I really do not think Canadians understand what their political parties stand for. Meaning what is their recent history, and their platforms.

People hear the promises and the complaints of the "standing government" and say corrupt, insufficient, the other parties can do better....really?

Myself, I hate our political parties, because none of them represent "All" Canadians, but I also ask myself to name 5 standing governments around the world that are better!

Same, can be said of our current Prime-minister.....name 5 in the entire world that are better. It is way too easy to stand on the outside and scream what is wrong, until 

you get in power and find the true realities!

Conservatives, believe in smaller government, which on the surface sounds great, but the Conservatives sold off our National energy Program in the mid-eighties, and

according to my Conservative friends, feel that was a good thing! Really? What else would they sell off that, 20 years later, we would ask why we did that? Water?

Well, maybe! All parties are self serving, and all 3 major parties do it equally well! 

I hate politics, but IMO, we are so much better off than the USA. We should fight like hell to keep that away from our country!

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

34 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

I must say.......................I really do not think Canadians understand what their political parties stand for. Meaning what is their recent history, and their platforms.

People hear the promises and the complaints of the "standing government" and say corrupt, insufficient, the other parties can do better....really?

Myself, I hate our political parties, because none of them represent "All" Canadians, but I also ask myself to name 5 standing governments around the world that are better!

Same, can be said of our current Prime-minister.....name 5 in the entire world that are better. It is way too easy to stand on the outside and scream what is wrong, until 

you get in power and find the true realities!

Conservatives, believe in smaller government, which on the surface sounds great, but the Conservatives sold off our National energy Program in the mid-eighties, and

according to my Conservative friends, feel that was a good thing! Really? What else would they sell off that, 20 years later, we would ask why we did that? Water?

Well, maybe! All parties are self serving, and all 3 major parties do it equally well! 

I hate politics, but IMO, we are so much better off than the USA. We should fight like hell to keep that away from our country!

Trudeau might be kind of goofy, but his heart is in the right place. How many other world leaders can you say that about? Can you say that about Skippy?

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Trudeau might be kind of goofy, but his heart is in the right place. How many other world leaders can you say that about? Can you say that about Skippy?

Goofy, corrupt and inept.

Edited by bolt

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

meh, you guys have gone to the "corrupt" well too many times. Its like the con mating call. 

Trudeau a good heart but has the worst approval rating of any sitting PM?  How do you judge his heart?  Feeling sorry for him because everything he touched has broke?

1 hour ago, bolt said:

Trudeau a good heart but has the worst approval rating of any sitting PM?  How do you judge his heart?  Feeling sorry for him because everything he touched has broke?

Canada isn't broken. That's the fucked up philosophy of your boy Skippy.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Canada isn't broken. That's the fucked up philosophy of your boy Skippy.

Top 20 country for happiness of citizens, yet it's broken.  The vast majority of the countries ahead of us have governments further to the left on the political spectrum.

• ThereItIs 2

2 hours ago, bolt said:

Goofy, corrupt and inept.

For sure.

And you can tag malicious onto this batch of descriptors when Cons take power.

Again, The blind eye to how the conservative provincial governments are having a hand in the national misery and the imported outrage/populist politics from the US is what is making me be very hesitant on this iteration of the CPC .

• Vintage 2

Posted (edited)

Private Health Care Is Here

Steven Goluboff has always been an old-school doctor. Over a decades-long career, he’s worked nights and weekends and, on his rare vacations, even taken his computer with him to track patients’ test results. In 2019, at 71 years old, he finally began planning to retire from his Saskatoon family practice. He knew he’d have to find more than one replacement for his patients, however—young doctors want a life outside the office, and they couldn’t be expected to put in the hours he did. So he recruited three replacements and left his practice.

Then, last fall, one of the doctors he’d recruited quit to join a private clinic in Vancouver. Hundreds of patients were left stranded—so Goluboff came back

https://macleans.ca/society/health/private-health-care-canada/

Is anyone surprised this is happening more now considering how our healthcare is falling apart? Sad to see

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

15 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Steven Goluboff has always been an old-school doctor. Over a decades-long career, he’s worked nights and weekends and, on his rare vacations, even taken his computer with him to track patients’ test results. In 2019, at 71 years old, he finally began planning to retire from his Saskatoon family practice. He knew he’d have to find more than one replacement for his patients, however—young doctors want a life outside the office, and they couldn’t be expected to put in the hours he did. So he recruited three replacements and left his practice.

Then, last fall, one of the doctors he’d recruited quit to join a private clinic in Vancouver. Hundreds of patients were left stranded—so Goluboff came back

Is anyone surprised this is happening more now considering how our healthcare is falling apart? Sad to see

Lot's of dates in that article.   Interesting that so many pre-date our current government.

I just took another glance at the Conservatives' plan to solve the shortage of doctors in Canada and to improve health care in general.  As usual, many sentences begin with 'The Conservative Party believes...'  and are followed by no sentences that fully explain how that will be achieved.   Sad to see.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I just took another glance at the Conservatives' plan to solve the shortage of doctors in Canada and to improve health care in general.  As usual, many sentences begin with 'The Conservative Party believes...'  and are followed by no sentences that fully explain how that will be achieved.   Sad to see.

Almost as if the CPC's "plans" are of the form:

1. Farm rage about "broken" Canada

2. Fuck Trudeau

3. ???

4. Profit!

:picard:

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

9 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Lot's of dates in that article.   Interesting that so many pre-date our current government.

I love this response. Not once did I mention the current government and immediately you have to find any way possible to somehow link it back to a conservative government.

The Liberal government has been in power almost 10 years. This is their problem now whether you like it or not

Oh look.  It's the dead pulp of a beaten dead horse that is the "healthcare is broken" talking point.  Yet, every CON solution is expand private offerings.  You realize that isn't going to make it better.  The American system sucks worse than ours, but the CONs are hell bent on expanding private offerings.  It isn't going to save us any money BTW.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Top 20 country for happiness of citizens, yet it's broken.  The vast majority of the countries ahead of us have governments further to the left on the political spectrum.

and don't forget, only Skippy can fix all of it. 

Its so stupid. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

Oh look.  It's the dead pulp of a beaten dead horse that is the "healthcare is broken" talking point.  Yet, every CON solution is expand private offerings.  You realize that isn't going to make it better.  The American system sucks worse than ours, but the CONs are hell bent on expanding private offerings.  It isn't going to save us any money BTW.

I don't think "saving money" is their M.O.

More likely their goal is to get priority service for the haves, so that the filthy have-nots can rot in the public system queue.  As with most things right-wing, it's all about entitlement and preferential treatment.  For them, of course.  Not for the have-not scum.  :classic_rolleyes:

• Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Cambie Surgical has been in operation since the 90s, but sure. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I love this response. Not once did I mention the current government and immediately you have to find any way possible to somehow link it back to a conservative government.

The Liberal government has been in power almost 10 years. This is their problem now whether you like it or not

Nice deflection.   I've read so many of your posts.  Can you really be surprised if I took the line 'anyone surprised this is happening more now considering how our healthcare is falling apart? Sad to see'  the way I did?

Speaking of surprises, I'm not surprised that after you point out that you never mentioned the liberals you mention the liberals.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I don't think "saving money" is their M.O.

More likely their goal is to get priority service for the haves, so that the filthy have-nots can rot in the public system queue.  As with most things right-wing, it's all about entitlement and preferential treatment.  For them, of course.  Not for the have-not scum.  :classic_rolleyes:

And it gets some of their donors some bank when they open their clinics.  That profit has to come from somewhere.  

We all know it won't save money, but it is possible that CONs will try to say it can.  

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Nice deflection.   I've read so many of your posts.  Can you really be surprised if I took the line 'anyone surprised this is happening more now considering how our healthcare is falling apart? Sad to see'  the way I did?

Speaking of surprises, I'm not surprised that after you point out that you never mentioned the liberals you mention the liberals.

Our healthcare has been spiralling for a unacceptable amount of time now. And your response is to try to find any way to pin it on a conservative government. It's ridiculous.

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Our healthcare has been spiralling for a unacceptable amount of time now. And your response is to try to find any way to pin it on a conservative government. It's ridiculous.

well as you like to point out, there are a lot of conservative premiers, and have been for some time. What have they done to improve things?

• Thanks 2