Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

well as you like to point out, there are a lot of conservative premiers, and have been for some time. What have they done to improve things?

I live in BC. Where he NDP has been in power for quite some time. Has anything improved here? No, health care has only gotten worse here. It's almost like the party doesn't matter and we need people in charge who actually want to make a change 🤷

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I live in BC. Where he NDP has been in power for quite some time. Has anything improved here? No, health care has only gotten worse here. It's almost like the party doesn't matter and we need people in charge who actually want to make a change 🤷

there's a lot of structural waste in how we organize care, but no one wants to be the one to do whats needed, its too easy to get crucified politically. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Our healthcare has been spiralling for a unacceptable amount of time now. And your response is to try to find any way to pin it on a conservative government. It's ridiculous.

Jesus Ricky.  Is the oxygen thinner when your up so high on that horse?  I think I've probably given you lots to debate on over these pages but this is kinda weak.  

Edited by Satchmo

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Jesus Rickiy.  Is the oxygen thinner when your up so high on that horse?  I think I've probably given you lots to debate on over these pages but this is kinda weak.  

Then why even bring up the conservatives who haven't even been in power federally for almost 10 years?

We don't live in a province being run by a conservative government either, so I'm just having a tough time understanding where you are coming from

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Then why even bring up the conservatives who haven't even been in power federally for almost 10 years?

We don't live in a province being run by a conservative government either, so I'm just having a tough time understanding where you are coming from

There are so many posts from so many people that point out problems.  Many of them also propose that a conservative government would fix everything despite not being able to explain how they will do so.  Please forgive me for lumping you in with both groups.   It would seem that you are only in the former group, the one that points out problems.

I've also noticed that quite often the roles of the provincial and federal governments are described in a blurry way depending on what point is trying to be made.   I can't remember if you are in the group that does that.

Edited by Satchmo

25 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Looks like Cons are making ground in BC with an 18 point lead according to Abacus Data polling. 

https://abacusdata.ca/federal-conservatives-lead-by-18-in-bc/#:~:text=The federal Conservatives lead by,with 8% of committed voters.

image.thumb.png.9f663f26ff574b7d4d4974d61dcb790a.png
image.thumb.png.511fbe7977e303ff3d5fb7f8d6701eb1.png

Mainly due to Trudeau unpopularity. 

image.thumb.png.3205d0d1578cdef0174051305b174ef1.png

image.thumb.png.ad8c659b7c0a869f2ad5b0d19d2c1a9b.png

if the libs want to survive, they really need to change leaders. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

We need better leaders in general. Instead of the cream of the crop we’ve been getting the crud of the crap. 

If the NDP were smart they’d be trying to distance themselves from the Libs the closer we get to the election and take advantage of the Liberal discontent amongst the people. It could propel them ahead of them moving forward. 

Not sure Singh would be the person you’d want leading during that time. People might see him tied to Trudeau. Gotta get a better leader in there to give Left-leaning people the next alternative and maybe they can overthrow the Libs in the top 2 parties we got. 

PP probably has this in the bag barring a major fuck up but is it a majority? I guess we see closer to the election. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Our healthcare has been spiralling for a unacceptable amount of time now. And your response is to try to find any way to pin it on a conservative government. It's ridiculous.

That part, you’re not wrong. 

However, do you know why? 

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Why is the Leadership the issue? 

Aren’t the Policies the issue? 

The Leader only promotes that which would be best for their Party, their Members, and the retention of Power, and of course the best for the constituency. 

7 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We need better leaders in general. Instead of the cream of the crop we’ve been getting the crud of the crap. 

If the NDP were smart they’d be trying to distance themselves from the Libs the closer we get to the election and take advantage of the Liberal discontent amongst the people. It could propel them ahead of them moving forward. 

Not sure Singh would be the person you’d want leading during that time. People might see him tied to Trudeau. Gotta get a better leader in there to give Left-leaning people the next alternative and maybe they can overthrow the Libs in the top 2 parties we got. 

PP probably has this in the bag barring a major fuck up but is it a majority? I guess we see closer to the election. 

The Cream is better than the shitty bottom no? 

Reference of MTG and Representative Handjob. 

Imagine if that was translated to Canada. 

26 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Why is the Leadership the issue? 

Aren’t the Policies the issue? 

The Leader only promotes that which would be best for their Party, their Members, and the retention of Power, and of course the best for the constituency. 

because eventually the leader becomes the story and people get blind to policy, which imo is where Trudeau finds himself now.

35 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Someone like Nenshi could have wide national appeal after being premier for a bit. Maybe he'll do that next.

PP is certainly headed for a majority barring something unforeseen. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

Someone like Nenshi could have wide national appeal after being premier for a bit. Maybe he'll do that next.

PP is certainly headed for a majority barring something unforeseen. 

I hope or pray and vote that never happens. 

2 minutes ago, Spur1 said:

Oops. PP of course. 

I can actually see Nenshi taking on PP in 5 years time, and winning the first NDP federal government, maybe its a minority propped up by the libs this time. 

• MillerTime 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I can actually see Nenshi taking on PP in 5 years time, and winning the first NDP federal government, maybe its a minority propped up by the libs this time. 

😱😱😱

You actually sound supportive of the NDP in this post!  Who are you and what have you done to Jimmy?!

:hurhur:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, JIAHN said:

Conservatives, believe in smaller government, which on the surface sounds great, but the Conservatives sold off our National energy Program in the mid-eighties, and

according to my Conservative friends, feel that was a good thing! Really? What else would they sell off that, 20 years later, we would ask why we did that? Water?

We lost the Wheat Board to the Saudis under Harper too.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

😱😱😱

You actually sound supportive of the NDP in this post!  Who are you and what have you done to Jimmy?!

:hurhur:

I like Nenshi... He's pretty much a liberal 😆

The problem with health care is the intentional defunding to attempt to undue the system and turn it to private

When we brought in universal health care it was a 50/50 co share between the feds and provincial governments 

Now it's something like 75/25 provincial cost and none of the provinces can keep up with the rising costs and reduced federal funding 

It's by design to kill the system to force private health care 

Here are the things that bug me about all this........................

#1.............Governments and all political parties, as well as large employers have known for decades that there would be shortages in all professions..............

#2............Covid was a "Global" epidemic, which affected "All" countries, yet is used as a political talking point repeatedly

Please read this............mortality rate per million people caused by Covid

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_death_rates_by_country

#88 Canada..................at 1412 people per million

#76 Demark..................at 1643 people per million

#54 Germany................at 2098 people per million

#40 Sweden.................at 2585 people per million

#39 France...................at 2600 people per million

#21 Italy.........................at 3336 people per million

#20 UK..........................at 3438 people per million

#17 USA.........................at 3508 people per million

# 1 Peru..........................at 6485 people per million

Just on that note, Canada was at or near best at the Covid rate, of 1st world countries, and many of the countries that were lower, were countries that either did not have alot of interaction with 1st world countries (imagine rich people fly more! Shocking!) or were Countries where human rights were taken away...............this was not the case in Canada

#3.............Millennials, and Generation X, and the young adults, all have a much different outlook on dedication to job, and want to balance work and home life's.

(this is different that older generation, who had less protection , and less governmental services to fall back on)

It just pisses me off, that those that cry like hell, absolutely, talk out of there ass, and use no information to influence people.....................all 3 are world wide phenomena's. Not something that is a Canadian phenomena!