Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Vermin who call sitting members of Parliament Nazis? 

If Polilivre doesn't like it, he can cut out the bigotry and hate speech and start acting the same as actual people.  Until then, there is no reason to use the kid gloves on these pieces of shit. 

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, bolt said:

Was it the former speaker who invited a Nazi into the house or the current speaker with multiple ethic violations?  Do the Liberals have one MP who isn't corrupt and inept?

Who was applauding again?

Oh wait...everyone including this guy I outlined

What's his name again?

53 minutes ago, bolt said:

Are you seriously calling a member of Parliament a Nazi?  And then you want to talk about hate speech?  

So umm....something something nazis.

But hey, the company you keep right?

Right Bolt?

Or is it only owning the libs?

https://www.hilltimes.com/story/2022/08/29/is-pierre-poilievre-winking-at-white-supremacists/272328/

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 9.25.41 PM.png

9 minutes ago, bolt said:

That doesn't make him a Nazi.  More people are standing up against the current clown in office who is corrupt and incompetent.  The opposition party is the last of our worries with the state of things.  The Liberal party is on track for the worst election loss in Canadian history....

Just because nazis associate with me and we agree in almost every major policy decision and you won't find a nazi voting liberal because they'll all be voting for me doesn't mean im a nazi.  Just because we attend the same events doesn't mean im one.

Gawd guys

1 hour ago, bolt said:

Another day of Pierre destroying Liberals.  How low will Liberal poll numbers sink?

How is this owning anyone or making anyone cry?

You can absolutely see how fucking worthless this guy would be in the real world and somehow some way you are applauding it.

It's like, cheering for the guy who just tracked dog shit in your house because at least he is wearing nice shoes

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bolt said:

Says the Truanon cult who is OK with the corruption and incompetence over the last 9 years. 🤔 

OK let's define corruption

Corruption is commonly defined as “the abuse of public office for personal gain”. While this definition was useful during the first phase of anti-corruption, today it falls short of the evolution of corruption and what we have learned over the past two decades about the nature of corruption.

For the purpose of our work, and without claim to comprehensiveness, we consider corruption to involve not only the abuse of public office, but also the abuse of power and influence vested in a person as a result of holding a political office, of holding an influential role in a corporation, of having personal wealth or access to significant resources, or of having elevated social standing. 

We further expand on the notion of personal gain. Corruption does not only lead to personal gain but can involve gains for a collective entity such as a political party, a corporation, or a group of people. Gain should not be understood as financial gain only but explicitly also include non-financial gains, and in particular the preservation or increase of a person or an entity’s position of power and influence. 

It is important that corruption is not reduced to the monetary form of corruption that is bribery, but that a wide range of behaviours, such as conflicts of interest, patronage, nepotism, embezzlement, influence peddling or the manipulation of legislative processes with an ulterior corrupt objective are understood to be subsumed by the notion of corruption. This list can be further expanded. 

Last, corruption is no longer always a matter of action and immediate or direct consequence. Instead it is increasingly construed as a long-term game, especially when its aim is access to or preservation of power and influence and expanding geopolitical influence. 

Let's see here....

image.png.2f643ad8893c5411ef6f6b5b2204329c.png

Hmmm

image.png.4734fc2aab13e3a2550cba115df90564.png

HMMMMMmmmmm

image.png.dcce5daa18b091057ae2046e09500a2c.png

Ohhhhhhh

I mean 22 years in office.  Started with nothing.  But is somehow worth over 25 million USD

But sure tell me more about corruption 

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

20 hours ago, bolt said:

Your corrupt gaslighting Liberal clowns are luckily not getting re-elected. Time for them to clean house and find more competent candidates.  

When your "star MPs" include Freeland, Joly, O'regan and Marc Miller there is a huge problem. Would be nice if they vetted for intelligence.

It's unfortunate people will still  follow the Liberals down a cliff.  At least their election demise is now immenent.

This is a great example of why we call Pepi Le Pew a rage farmer. You are the crop. He planted that little rage seed and he waters it every day hoping to harvest your vote. 

Sadly it is working, I think we agree there.

Heck, there is a nutjob in prison right now for believing the rage and going to hunt the Prime Minister on the Governor Generals grounds. 

There is about 3% of the population who are freaking nuts and like when the Christian right gets all ragelike about abortions, that is when nutjobs try to kill abortion doctors in America.

No leader and specifically any leader looking to be the Prime Minister should engage in rage and mob politics. It is dangerous and Poilievre is unfit for the job for engaging in it.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 2

I was reading a thing that conservatives are attacking the speaker Fergus b/c of his 'partisan conduct'

My thought is.. is question period even valuable anymore? Its largely just theatre (featuring lunatics). Maybe its not quite as outdated as the federal 'debates' we get every election, but its not exactly some kind of constructive conversation. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

OK let's define corruption

Corruption is commonly defined as “the abuse of public office for personal gain”. While this definition was useful during the first phase of anti-corruption, today it falls short of the evolution of corruption and what we have learned over the past two decades about the nature of corruption.

For the purpose of our work, and without claim to comprehensiveness, we consider corruption to involve not only the abuse of public office, but also the abuse of power and influence vested in a person as a result of holding a political office, of holding an influential role in a corporation, of having personal wealth or access to significant resources, or of having elevated social standing. 

We further expand on the notion of personal gain. Corruption does not only lead to personal gain but can involve gains for a collective entity such as a political party, a corporation, or a group of people. Gain should not be understood as financial gain only but explicitly also include non-financial gains, and in particular the preservation or increase of a person or an entity’s position of power and influence. 

It is important that corruption is not reduced to the monetary form of corruption that is bribery, but that a wide range of behaviours, such as conflicts of interest, patronage, nepotism, embezzlement, influence peddling or the manipulation of legislative processes with an ulterior corrupt objective are understood to be subsumed by the notion of corruption. This list can be further expanded. 

Last, corruption is no longer always a matter of action and immediate or direct consequence. Instead it is increasingly construed as a long-term game, especially when its aim is access to or preservation of power and influence and expanding geopolitical influence. 

Let's see here....

image.png.2f643ad8893c5411ef6f6b5b2204329c.png

Hmmm

image.png.4734fc2aab13e3a2550cba115df90564.png

HMMMMMmmmmm

image.png.dcce5daa18b091057ae2046e09500a2c.png

Ohhhhhhh

I mean 22 years in office.  Started with nothing.  But is somehow worth over 25 million USD

But sure tell me more about corruption 

Now do the same with Trudeau while he's been Prime Minister. Definitely nothing similar going on right? 🤔

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I was reading a thing that conservatives are attacking the speaker Fergus b/c of his 'partisan conduct'

My thought is.. is question period even valuable anymore? Its largely just theatre (featuring lunatics). Maybe its not quite as outdated as the federal 'debates' we get every election, but its not exactly some kind of constructive conversation. 

It's theatre. I guess it still serves a purpose in that well framed questions can put government or opposition on the hot seat.

The way Skippy does it is all for his YouTube feed tho. 

19 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Now do the same with Trudeau while he's been Prime Minister. Definitely nothing similar going on right? 🤔

You guys are funny, just little parrots of the US right. All your cues come from them.

• Confused 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

You guys are funny, just little parrots of the US right. All your cues come from them.

Huh? I don't give a shit about American politics.

I'm calling out bullshit. All politicians benefit from their positions of power. Prove me wrong 🤷

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Huh? I don't give a shit about American politics.

I'm calling out bullshit. All politicians benefit from their positions of power. Prove me wrong 🤷

It's almost like people take jobs to make money and have careers.

And yes Rick all your talking points in here are fed to you by the US right.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I love that any opposition to some of the ridiculous comments on this thread are immediately "us right" as if to some how de value what I'm saying. Don't like my opinions, that's fine I won't lose sleep. But trying to minimize other people's opinions because you don't agree is weak. This isn't China or Russia. I'm allowed to vote for who I want and advocate against the ones I don't. You can ignore me if you don't like it 🤷

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Who was applauding again?

Oh wait...everyone including this guy I outlined

What's his name again?

So umm....something something nazis.

But hey, the company you keep right?

Right Bolt?

Or is it only owning the libs?

https://www.hilltimes.com/story/2022/08/29/is-pierre-poilievre-winking-at-white-supremacists/272328/

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 9.25.41 PM.png

So every member of Parliament is a Nazi now?  Everyone who stood is a Nazi?

Edited by bolt

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

US left is ok tho.  The left grift and gaslighting is completely normal.   

Edited by bolt

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

"US right"

You're a parrot of the failed gaslighting and corrupt Liberal party.  Eat it all up Bob. 

Edited by bolt

22 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I love that any opposition to some of the ridiculous comments on this thread are immediately "us right" as if to some how de value what I'm saying. Don't like my opinions, that's fine I won't lose sleep. But trying to minimize other people's opinions because you don't agree is weak. This isn't China or Russia. I'm allowed to vote for who I want and advocate against the ones I don't. You can ignore me if you don't like it 🤷

not minimizing anything Ricky, just pointing it out. 

10 hours ago, bolt said:

Says the Truanon cult who is OK with the corruption and incompetence over the last 9 years. 🤔 

Sigh... Again, where have I suggested that you should vote for Trudeau in any of these comments? 

Is it so hard to believe that even if I don't entirely like Trudeau/the Liberals, I quite easily can see from their party policies, record of bills they've tabled, voting history, history of the cons in power etc, etc, that they're an even worse alternative? 

Going from one bad option to a worse one will certainly garner "change". I'd simply prefer if we all decided to try and actually do BETTER instead of just different and worse. Yo-yoing between the two main parties is exactly what has gotten us here. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

"US right"

You're a parrot of the failed gaslighting and corrupt Liberal party.  Eat it all up Bob. 

😂 "corrupt" "gaslighting" "parents rights" "freedoms" "pronouns"

I guess why have your own ideas when you can just wait for the Tea Party/MAGA to hand them to you. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sigh... Again, where have I suggested that you should vote for Trudeau in any of these comments? 

Is it so hard to believe that even if I don't entirely like Trudeau/the Liberals, I quite easily can see from their party policies, record of bills they've tabled, voting history, history of the cons in power etc, etc, that they're an even worse alternative? 

Going from one bad option to a worse one will certainly garner "change". I'd simply prefer if we all decided to try and actually do BETTER instead of just different and worse. Yo-yoing between the two main parties is exactly what has gotten us here. 

I just want some substance to judge my choices. I know what JT is. I know who Jag is. 

I don't know what "I'm going to get rid of the gatekeepers" means. Cool slogan. Show me the specifics on how this works. 

Explain why a new Bank of Canada governor would make a difference. I mean really explain it, what exactly is this going to do.

Are you going to allow a vote related to abortion, in any way? yes or no. 

Am I asking too much?

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I just want some substance to judge my choices. I know what JT is. I know who Jag is. 

I don't know what "I'm going to get rid of the gatekeepers" means. Cool slogan. Show me the specifics on how this works. 

Explain why a new Bank of Canada governor would make a difference. I mean really explain it, what exactly is this going to do.

Are you going to allow a vote related to abortion, in any way? yes or no. 

Am I asking too much?

If you can't see the corruption and incompetence of the last 9 years I don't know what to tell you.  

There will be no vote regarding abortion, that is just pure gaslighting by the Liberals because they are so far behind in the polls.

Edited by bolt

19 minutes ago, bolt said:

If you can't see the corruption and incompetence of the last 9 years I don't know what to tell you.  

I guess I don't watch enough YouTube. 

Give me specifics. What are your top 3 corruption issues?

19 minutes ago, bolt said:

There will be no vote regarding abortion, that is just pure gaslighting by the Liberals because they are so far behind in the polls.

and yet: https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/conservative-mp-s-bill-on-violence-against-pregnant-women-revives-abortion-debate-1.6391137

There absolutely will be backbencher motions and bills put forward chipping away at women's right to choose. They've done it before, they'll do it again.

You know, its not gaslighting when they actually do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Liberals are bad, but that doesn't make the Conservatives a better option. I don't understand how people can look at the state of affairs in our politics and come to the conclusion that we're better off under a Poilievre rule. He's going to gut public services and cut taxes for his rich lobbyist buddies (read: corruption). He's openly said that he will craft laws against transgender individuals. His statements concerning the notwithstanding clause are themselves concerning. He would do his best to federally take the compassion out of our approach to people with addictions and only make the problem worse. "Axing the tax" is probably the dumbest thing anyone has ever came up with on the topic of carbon taxes and does not inspire hope in other areas of environmental concern. He'd rather we spend generations facing billions of dollars (increasing yearly) in annual climate losses than be proactive in how we treat climate change. His social policies are outdated and riddled with bigotry; this is a guy who voted against gay marriage back in the aughts. Again, the Liberals are bad, but people are picking the cyanide over a more mild toxin when they back up Poilievre.

Most of the things he says he'll "fix" aren't even under federal government control. Runaway inflation? Clearly it's the Liberal's fault and not a global issue. Affordability in housing? Historically, mostly a provincial and municipal matter, although I agree it requires federal interest at this point--but what would he even do? Short of socializing housing there's not going to be a major shift for the better in the next 20 years (or forever). To make up for cuts in taxation he'll put the burden on workers and seniors, affecting people's retirements. He's not a blue collar working man as much as he tries to market himself that way. He's a rich guy who doesn't have to worry about things the common person frets about daily and who only actually "works" roughly half the year. The majority of the country will be worse off after 6-18 months of Conservative rule.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1