Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Satchmo said:

Bolt may I remind you that there is only one guy in this forum that throws the word Nazi around.  Please don't paint us all with that brush.

Now as for conservatives adopting campaign and policy strategies from the US right, that's another story isn't it?  If my afternoon was free I wonder how many examples I could come up with on that front.

I didn't throw it around; I mentioned the gentlemen invited to Parliament was a SS Nazi member.  That is completely different than calling a supporter or individual member of a party in Parliament a Nazi.  Read gurn lunatic responses.  He called the CPC nazis...

Edited by bolt

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

I didn't throw it around; I mentioned the gentlemen invited to Parliament was a SS Nazi member.  That is completely different than calling a supporter or individual member of a party in Parliament a Nazi.  Read War hippy lunatic responses.  He called the CPC nazis...

lmao I did?

Show me where I called the CPC Nazis.

I dare you.  Go ahead.  But make sure you show EXACTLY what I was responding to from yourself before you even attempt to try.

Go ahead.  Come on big shooter, show me.

As for lunatic responses.  You've absolutely done nothing but smear an entire government as being inept and corrupt (agree inept but corrupt lol) without deviation.  Just drop in drop some bullshit and run away without having the testicular fortitude to respond to anyone who asks you to justofy your position.  Including my own self for posting exactly what corruption is and how it applies perfectly to Poiliverre as well as Trudeau.

So go on.  Show me where I called the CPC nazis and ensure you post the post I was responding to.  

A double double says you're gonna be as brave as Pierre when faced with showing your work though

2 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Veterans offices were closed down, making it harder for veterans. 

There is hours of video of Poiliverre and Callandra defending the closure of the Veterans offices as well as the coast guard base here in BC while also defending the "office of religious freedoms" (nice waste of $6 million a year there) they did so by justifying it against a .5% reduction in GST while also saying that increasing the age for OAS and retirement to 67 was productive.

This is of course under the former government so obviously has no bearing now.  

Obviously

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gurn said:

not just Pierre- but everyone in his party. Thus they are al NAZIs, or they all got caught, giving ritual applause to a man with an history, that was unknown to them.

Me- I'm leaning to the latter.

The tolerant left wing

Edited by bolt

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

lmao I did?

Show me where I called the CPC Nazis.

I dare you.  Go ahead.  But make sure you show EXACTLY what I was responding to from yourself before you even attempt to try.

Go ahead.  Come on big shooter, show me.

As for lunatic responses.  You've absolutely done nothing but smear an entire government as being inept and corrupt (agree inept but corrupt lol) without deviation.  Just drop in drop some bullshit and run away without having the testicular fortitude to respond to anyone who asks you to justofy your position.  Including my own self for posting exactly what corruption is and how it applies perfectly to Poiliverre as well as Trudeau.

So go on.  Show me where I called the CPC nazis and ensure you post the post I was responding to.  

A double double says you're gonna be as brave as Pierre when faced with showing your work though

You all sound the same but it was gurn. My apologies 

10 minutes ago, bolt said:

I didn't throw it around; I mentioned the gentlemen invited to Parliament was a SS Nazi member.  That is completely different than calling a supporter or individual member of a party in Parliament a Nazi.  Read War hippy lunatic responses.  He called the CPC nazis...

I did not say you threw the word around.  I'm not sure warhippy  ever did.  I was thinking of Heffy.

As per Nazis in parliament we have been through that many, many times.

- One guy invited him

- the same one guy resigned in shame soon afterwards

- ALL members of all parties stood up and cheered when the ex Nazi spoke, including PP

- the presence of a Nazi in parliament in no way showed a fascist leaning of any member of any party or of fascist policies of any party.

lunacy is in the eye of the beholder.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

There is hours of video of Poiliverre and Callandra defending the closure of the Veterans offices as well as the coast guard base here in BC while also defending the "office of religious freedoms" (nice waste of $6 million a year there) they did so by justifying it against a .5% reduction in GST while also saying that increasing the age for OAS and retirement to 67 was productive.

This is of course under the former government so obviously has no bearing now.  

Obviously

Add in that P P voted against environmental policy, by some sources upwards of 400 times.  Sounds like he's going to be a reasonable steward of the environment if/when he gets a majority government.

• Vintage 1

Just now, the destroyer of worlds said:

Add in that P P voted against environmental policy, by some sources upwards of 400 times.  Sounds like he's going to be a reasonable steward of the environment if/when he gets a majority government.

That's one of the biggest things people on that side of the partisan fence in regards to Pierre

He has over 2 decades of voting history.  He has over 2 decades of statements.  He has amassed a fortune ONLY because he has enriched himself off of the public teet.  

HE is the furthest thing from progressive and as for a Conservative, he is one in social ideology only.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bolt said:

The tolerant left wing

I know the right wing has serious issues with literacy, but he said that he was leaning towards them not being all Nazis.  Your struggles with reading comprehension do not make the left wing intolerant.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Sort of like if one of the two presidential candidates was reachign out to Timothy McVeigh or the Unibomber as good people and bringing them and their supporters into the tent. Not a perfect analogy but close. It is a scary notion that the brownshirt ultra minority 

Another example of the tolerant left.  "Brown shirt ultra minority"  

extreme pandering and panic?

Edited by bolt

18 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Yes, considering what Poilivre wants to do to this country and his open support of domestic terrorists trying to overthrow the government.  No point in sugarcoating it and pretending that Poilivre deserves to be treated the same as civilized people.  More people need to stand up against his barbaric beliefs and the bigots who support him.

Another member of the tolerant left calling the CPC a nazi.  

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

reading comprehension please. I specifically said ultra minority. As in they are but a sliver of the spectrum of people who will vote Poilievre. 

a sliver with an outsized very squeaky voice. 

edit: and in your post directly above YOU are the only one using the word Nazi. Sigh, face palm, moving on. Trolls gonna troll.

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

Either that or calling it like it is.  Depends on your point of view I suppose.

Just now, bolt said:

Now you're just trolling ignorantly.  Nobody in that statement called Pierre a Nazi.  Grow up.

Facts are facts.  Pierre was out in support of individuals with a written and sworn memorandum to overthrow the duly elected government of our nation.  Pierre has in fact been seen associating quite frequently with people with shall we say; disturbing beliefs.  Pierre in fact was an individual in charge of the creation of the idea of the "barbaric practices hotline" as well as a sworn and proud individual over the wasteful and seemingly bigoted "office of religious freedoms" 

22 years or so in office has left him a significant legacy for us to be able to see.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just that sometimes the ideological apple doesn't fall far from the gallo...err tree

QUoted 3 members calling the Cpc nazis.  Give yourself a Pad on the pad on the back for not partaking.  And now you want to instigate the implications of racism.  

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, bolt said:

This is your interpretation of what he said? Really?

You know that I'm damn smack in the middle hating both PP and Trudeau. I've already mentioned before to you how over-exaggeration and bad faith interpretations just alienates the other side.

I'm guessing you're not here to convince people though. You're not here for a civil debate.

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, bolt said:

QUoted 3 members calling the Cpc nazis.  Give yourself a Pad on the pad on the back for not partaking.  And now you want to instigate the implications of racism.  Your such a good person.

Apply this appropriately to the Canadian political theater.  Bottom line is while it's incredibly unlikely anyone in government is actually a Nazi

Nazis and people that harbour those sentiments certainly have a serious voting preference though and it's a very specific party.

Why do you think that is?  Serious question 

Screenshot_20240523-153527.png

Edited by Warhippy
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

?? You did?  Can you do it again?  I missed it.

He didn't. He's just getting upset and calling anyone against him as "calling his precious party nazis."

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If the removal of services is coupled with lower taxes, then its not as big of a deal as it means more money in peoples pockets to spend on what they want whether that be certain services or goods. If the government is launching well run cost effective services taking advantage of economies of scale for the public, its a huge win for everyone. But it doesn't seem like that is the case, as there are too many inefficiencies in these government run programs coupled with high admin costs due to government wages. If this is the case it is better for the people to keep the money and use it on the services and goods specific to their needs. The ideal of a less involvement from government is appealing to many.       

3 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Trickle down economics, which is basically what you are describing here, DOES NOT WORK.  It's been tried.  It's been tried on steroids (Brownback's Kansas for example).  The cuts is services are a big deal.  During Harpers government, Veterans offices were closed down, making it harder for veterans.  We had an incident here in PG shortly after the office here in town closed resulting in a dead vet by cop.  So it really IS a big deal.

EDIT:  I'll explain the Brownback example

Gov. Brownback slashed taxes with promises that this would create all kinds of economic opportunities because people would have more money in their pockets.  The cuts in taxes obviously reduced revenue to the government putting them in a bad deficit position.  Cuts to services then "had" to be done to get the self inflicted deficit under control.  Flash forward a few years.  Kansas' economy and other metrics lagged behind their neighbouring states.  States that are also GOP run, but didn't slash taxes like Kansas did.  The economic boom that Brownback promised did not happen.  It got so bad that the government that passed those tax cuts ultimately had to reinstate many of those cut taxes back.  It was a disaster.  Self inflicted.

As Destroyer mentioned, trickle down economics DO NOT work. We have decades of evidence of this, here and abroad. Every time the Cons are in power we see slashed funding to programs for the people most in need of them. All it does is cause more crime, health, poverty, housing etc, etc issues that get paid for by....? Us, that's who. And it's especially bad as it doubles down on a lot of the systemic issues that cost us money in the first place. And the cheapest time to even start addressing those (poverty, health, addiction etc) issues is ALWAYS sooner than later. You just end up making already costly problems, worse, and more costly to address in the future.

So when slashing those programs doesn't save us as much money as the Cons said it would (it literally NEVER does), suddenly they're forced to sell off things like Petro Can or the Wheat board to foreign interests to pay for the deficits THEY created. Slowly whittling away on what should be long term Canadian-held assets for our collective long term prosperity. Sold off for pennies on the dollar due to their "Conservative fiscal strategy". All so you can "save" a couple hundred bucks a year in taxes (while the wealthy and corporations save $$$$$). I don't know how any average Canadian could possibly vote for that?!

Go ahead and look at all the countries ahead of Canada in things like quality of life. They're all "high" tax countries. It's literally THE point point of a Democratic society. To pool resources, to build something greater than the individual sum of it's parts.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You aren't pointing out anything. You are stating an opinion. One that is wrong mind you

which part? what your personal take is, or the talking points from the US that the CPC uses?