Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, bolt said:

You don't want to answer the question of what party they would be comfortable voting.  I wouldn't want to be lumped in with those people either.

How about we just be polite Canadians and answer the questions in the order in which they appeared?   I think I was first.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

maybe you don't fully understand the origin of the CPC talking points you use all the time on here. Take "parents rights" e.g., do you know the origin of that?

I have never even mentioned parents rights once. 

Seriously you are going to have to start providing some bloody sources of me making these so called "us talking points" 

Its beyond ridiculous that you can sit there and claim because i have different opinions on some subjects that I'm just some American talking point puppet. Get real man

22 minutes ago, bolt said:

Those who dislike immigration =ppc

The anti semites are gravitating towards the left. 

Extremist left- green

Extreme left- ndp

Left- Liberal

Center right- conservative

Extremist right- ppc

I am centre right.  Small c

No....lol.  No

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, bolt said:

You don't want to answer the question of what party they would be comfortable voting.  I wouldn't want to be lumped in with anti semites either.

The irony of you stating someone doesn't want ot answer something when I've asked you no less than twice to answer me on this page alone for your statements that I proved not only wrong, but shown everyone present that it indicates you're not even reading what you're posting is amusing

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Seriously you are going to have to start providing some bloody sources of me making these so called "us talking points" 

Its beyond ridiculous that you can sit there and claim because i have different opinions on some subjects that I'm just some American talking point puppet. Get real man

I know I'm stepping in to someone else's discussion but I just became curious to know if you think the CPC is using any US talking points or tactics?   

BTW - I just visited your profile.  As always it's because I clicked your name instead of 2 minutes ago.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, bolt said:

Do you think the protesters screaming for the death of jews are more likely going to vote Green, NDP, Liberal, Conservative or PPC?  

Actually, the protestors are not screaming for the death of jews. Again, another over-exaggeration from you to distort the actual reality.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-israel-hamas-ucla-penn-genocide-057006125279

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The chant uttered during recent demonstrations is being misrepresented. Protestors aren’t saying “We want Jewish genocide,” but “Israel, we charge you with genocide.” Experts and advocates say it’s a typical refrain heard at pro-Palestinian rallies.

They don't want the death of jews. They want justice for the palestinians who were killed. There's a massive difference between what you think they said and what they're actually saying.

Edited by The Lock
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

19 hours ago, aGENT said:

https://thewalrus.ca/its-like-a-cult-breaking-free-from-the-far-right/

“It’s Like a Cult”: Breaking Free from the Far Right

A Toronto man’s journey from hate group “rally boy” to anti-fascism

I saw this headline before you posted but didn't get a chance to read it until this afternoon.  Fascinating read, but unfortunately I don't think the posters who parrot points from the right will have the patience (or academic curiosity) to sit through such an article, which truly is - well, unfortunate.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Actually, the protestors are not screaming for the death of jews. Again, another over-exaggeration from you to distort the actual reality.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-israel-hamas-ucla-penn-genocide-057006125279

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. The chant uttered during recent demonstrations is being misrepresented. Protestors aren’t saying “We want Jewish genocide,” but “Israel, we charge you with genocide.” Experts and advocates say it’s a typical refrain heard at pro-Palestinian rallies.

They don't want the death of jews. They want justice for the palestinians who were killed. There's a massive difference between what you think they said and what they're actually saying.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10483301/jewish-students-campus-antisemitism/

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/petition-urges-governments-to-consider-antisemitic-protest-chants-hate-speech

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-university-presidents-committee-antisemitism-1.7216435

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/may/03/college-gaza-protests-antisemitism

"Recent anti-Israel and antisemitic organized protests, such as unauthorized campus encampments at universities countrywide, highlight the pressing need for immediate government action and strict security measures."

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, bolt said:

But none of that says they're called for the death of Jews and I literally just gave you evidence against anything that calls out for the death of Jews.

The protests are indeed happening but people (like you) are getting misinformation about what's being said.

(Edited to clarify the later part)

Edited by The Lock

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You need to list all your accounts first 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Satchmo said:

I know I'm stepping in to someone else's discussion but I just became curious to know if you think the CPC is using any US talking points or tactics?   

BTW - I just visited your profile.  As always it's because I clicked your name instead of 2 minutes ago.

Well I'd have to imagine there is probably a decent cross over in beliefs between American conservatives and Canadian ones. So honestly I'd like to know as well?  What is his definition of American talking points? Are we talking political mud slinging? They all do it so I don't see how that could be construed as American talking points. Are we talking policies? Again I have to imagine American/Canadian conservative beliefs overlap so of course they would feel similar. If you can provide me an example I will try to answer 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, The Lock said:

But none of that says they're called for the death of Jews and I literally just gave you evidence against anything that calls out for the death of Jews.

The protests are indeed happening but people (like you) are getting misinformation about what's being said.

(Edited to clarify the later part)

So the protests are not anti Semitic in any way?  All of these media sites are fake news?

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/stop-and-think-anti-israel-chants-and-what-they-mean

Edited by bolt

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bolt said:

So the protests are not anti Semitic in any way?  All of these news sites are fake news?

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/stop-and-think-anti-israel-chants-and-what-they-mean

You have literally been "calling out" other people about nazis and the death of Jews. That's beyond anti-Semitism.

And yet, now your argument's just about anti-Semitism because you know you've made a mistake.

This is why your over-exaggerations will only get you in trouble.

Edited by The Lock

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, The Lock said:

You have literally been "calling out" other people about nazis and the death of Jews. That's beyond anti-Semitism.

And yet, now your argument's just about anti-Semitism because you know you've made a mistake.

This is why your over-exaggerations will only get you in trouble.

You can't answer to those anti Semitic slogans because you know you are wrong.  

Edited by bolt

11 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

If you seriously believe that then it's probably time to log of the internet for the day...

Ok, well maybe you just don't know where a lot of the tacks you take are from. 

2 minutes ago, bolt said:

I'm not answering them because that's not what our discussion was about. It's you trying to move the goal posts.

I'll humour you though if you provide me with a more balanced link rather than a site about anti-semitism which is clearly going to be biased. Know though that any banner or slogan has to directly represent anti-semitism. If it's just about wanting justice for what happened to their families overseas, I'm going to disagree.

Let me ask you this though: Someone kills your family. You then go to a forum to talk about it. Someone then tells you you're perform anti-semitism because they're of a particular ethnicity. How do you react?

39 minutes ago, bolt said:

Ok

I see your copied and pasted links that you've no doubt not read and see you the reality of the situation 

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/10659129221111081

https://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/system/files/2022-07/ran_cn_antisemitism_29-30032022_en.pdf

https://jacobin.com/2019/05/antisemitism-synagogue-shootings-poway-pittsburgh

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/nov/21/great-replacement-theory-antisemitism-racism-rightwing-mainstream

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/the-antisemitic-roots-of-the-great-replacement-theory-f8f0j5s9

https://forward.com/fast-forward/549006/jews-far-left-far-right-antisemitic-study/

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/09/gop-republican-party-antisemitism.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-57286341

Essentially, it's not a left OR right issue.  It's a hate issue.  Promoting it's one side worse than the other is childish and disgusting.  

But, I say that with this caveat, you'll have to let me know when the left starts marching and murdering people of the semitic faiths the same way the right has and does.

A bunch of unwashed students chanting in a field near a university is not someone marching in to a synagogue and blowing people away.  It is not a us politician(s) promoting anti semitic conspiracy bullshit about Jews Jewish space lasers and the George Soros' of the world 

Simply put, it's hate.  It's not left or right it's hate.  But one side sure as fuck hates harder than the other 

https://www.state.gov/from-right-to-left-and-in-between-jew-hatred-across-the-political-divide/

Those who place themselves at the right end of the political spectrum see antisemitism on the left. And they see it clearly and accurately. Those on the left end of the spectrum see the threat of antisemitism on the right. And they see it clearly and accurately. What each of them fail to see is the antisemitism right next to them, that which is expressed by people with whom they share many other ideas, beliefs, and political stances. If you can only see it on the opposite side of the political transom, then I have to question whether your battle is with antisemitism or with your political opponents. 

We have long been deeply aware of the dangers of right-wing antisemitism. I have spent the past five days in Germany, my third trip this past year, where there has long been a deep-seated awareness and concern about far-right antisemitism

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, You Will Own Nothing said:

With things getting worse and worse off in who we vote for and how our way of life is going. I’m very curious to know why nobody has been bringing up this so called conspiracy theory that’s slowly turning into actuality? The new world order that Justin Trudeau, Chrystia Freeland [WEF board member] Japmeet Singh are all a part of. What isn’t a conspiracy theory is that they all go to their elitist cabal in Davos and discuss how to shape aka control the world. A non governing body that dictates policies and ideologies that we never voted for. 

This all sounds batshit Crazy yes but what’s crazier is the lack of critical thinkers that aren’t seeing how this is all turning into a reality then a conspiracy theory. 

Digital dollar: coming soon to a country near you. With inflation our dollar and other western democratic currencies value dropping. There will be a central bank digital dollar that will be one of the key tools to control and enslave us. There will be expiration dates on the digital dollar so we are never able to save but to rent what we need opposed to owning. If you say something that big government/WEF don’t like, they can freeze/suspend your money and you can’t do what you want because you were bad because we know best and say so. 

Digital ID: something we will soon be forced to have to be able to do anything in our society. With the amount of illegal immigrants coming into western societies, internally from our leaders to overload and destabilize our way of living with crime rapes,murders & chaos. We will not be asked but told to have these digital IDs so that the powers that be are always watching us and under their watch/control. 

15 minute Cities become a way of our new  life:

Anybody who has been paying attention to this so called theory the last 3-4 years is seeing with their own eyes about the blatant corruption and weaponized incompetence that is leading us to that so called “great reset” because why else would government be spending out of our pockets with no regards to the debt that’s going to be our children’s & grandchildren’s problem if they are lucky. It’s not by mistake that the amount wealth is being taken away from the middle class. What drives the economy? The middle class? Who pays for the programs that this Trojan horse government keeps rolling out? The middle class. What happens when they tax payers can’t pay anymore? The system is purposely on course to collapse. No it’s not? Can anyone prove that things are actually getting better? All I see in this thread is how miserable the conservatives are going to be when a lot of people in here have Stockholm syndrome and how much better things are now then they will be if PP becomes PM. You know who isn’t a member of the WEF and wants all WEF house of common traitors out of parliament? *AND THEY SHOULD BE OUT*  

PP has no interest in Klaus Schwab’s Globalist/Marxist agenda. While Stephan Harper is a part of the WEF, he is no longer in politics in case any of the liberal camp chimes in and says “yeah but Harper”

bottom line is there is a trail of venom that many of our government officials and other countries are helping this non governing body destabilize our way of life and western society. They literally want to depopulate humanity, for this to succeed they need to have complete control of what gives us control. Our money, then to purpose a new one world government. We will be on a social score system like what China has and again if you disagree with this, you will lose your privilege to rent/drive/post on social media. 

I ask you intelligent and critical thinking

Canadians, why do you think this is not possibly going to happen? What safe guards do Canadians and western society have that ensures that we will not be enslaved servants to the cabal elite? I am dying to know because I really don’t wish this lifestyle, I enjoy my freedoms and disposable income and way of life. How are we so sure that we won’t be doped/tricked into digital IDs and Digital currency? What is stopping the WEF/UN from having control of our sovereignty? 

What do I mean by that last bit? Don’t be surprised to find out that the election next year will be postponed due to another pandemic. The WEF really don’t want anymore elections and think that we don’t need them anymore:

The fact that Canada and many other countries have signed a treaty of handing over our countries control in case there is another pandemic. Yes this happened this month actually and say there happens to be another pandemic that Canada won’t be able to tell its own civilians what they can and cannot do. It will be all up to the UN/WHO/WEF to keep us in lockdown because that’s what we Canada and other countries have signed off on wither you like it or not. 

I can keep going on and on with my opinions and CRAZY statements but you just have to find the right sources, because the bribed legacy media isn’t going to report or tell you this.  I’m all open for adult discussion about this and how the system is so fixed that I don’t know why it’s not discussed more on here.

Can someone prove to me how the middle class WON’T be phased out and pushed into poverty? Again I don’t want this life to transpire I just see how things are going and ask why are they happening unless it’s all intentional? If the videos and tweets I send in this post aren’t enough evidence to prove that something doesn’t smell right, then at least when things become more real then you can backtrack with this bonkers poster. 

Encouragement Dog Poop GIF

• Haha 2
  • Wiener 1

6 minutes ago, You Will Own Nothing said:

With things getting worse and worse off in who we vote for and how our way of life is going. I’m very curious to know why nobody has been bringing up this so called conspiracy theory that’s slowly turning into actuality? The new world order that Justin Trudeau, Chrystia Freeland [WEF board member] Japmeet Singh are all a part of. What isn’t a conspiracy theory is that they all go to their elitist cabal in Davos and discuss how to shape aka control the world. A non governing body that dictates policies and ideologies that we never voted for. 

This all sounds batshit Crazy yes but what’s crazier is the lack of critical thinkers that aren’t seeing how this is all turning into a reality then a conspiracy theory. 

Digital dollar: coming soon to a country near you. With inflation our dollar and other western democratic currencies value dropping. There will be a central bank digital dollar that will be one of the key tools to control and enslave us. There will be expiration dates on the digital dollar so we are never able to save but to rent what we need opposed to owning. If you say something that big government/WEF don’t like, they can freeze/suspend your money and you can’t do what you want because you were bad because we know best and say so. 

Digital ID: something we will soon be forced to have to be able to do anything in our society. With the amount of illegal immigrants coming into western societies, internally from our leaders to overload and destabilize our way of living with crime rapes,murders & chaos. We will not be asked but told to have these digital IDs so that the powers that be are always watching us and under their watch/control. 

Anybody who has been paying attention to this so called theory the last 3-4 years is seeing with their own eyes about the blatant corruption and weaponized incompetence that is leading us to that so called “great reset” because why else would government be spending out of our pockets with no regards to the debt that’s going to be our children’s & grandchildren’s problem if they are lucky. It’s not by mistake that the amount wealth is being taken away from the middle class. What drives the economy? The middle class? Who pays for the programs that this Trojan horse government keeps rolling out? The middle class. What happens when they tax payers can’t pay anymore? The system is purposely on course to collapse. No it’s not? Can anyone prove that things are actually getting better? All I see in this thread is how miserable the conservatives are going to be when a lot of people in here have Stockholm syndrome and how much better things are now then they will be if PP becomes PM. You know who isn’t a member of the WEF and wants all WEF house of common traitors out of parliament? *AND THEY SHOULD BE OUT*  

PP has no interest in Klaus Schwab’s Globalist/Marxist agenda. While Stephan Harper is a part of the WEF, he is no longer in politics in case any of the liberal camp chimes in and says “yeah but Harper”

bottom line is there is a trail of venom that many of our government officials and other countries are helping this non governing body destabilize our way of life and western society. They literally want to depopulate humanity, for this to succeed they need to have complete control of what gives us control. Our money, then to purpose a new one world government. We will be on a social score system like what China has and again if you disagree with this, you will lose your privilege to rent/drive/post on social media. 

Canadians, why do you think this is not possibly going to happen? What safe guards do Canadians and western society have that ensures that we will not be enslaved servants to the cabal elite? I am dying to know because I really don’t wish this lifestyle, I enjoy my freedoms and disposable income and way of life. How are we so sure that we won’t be doped/tricked into digital IDs and Digital currency? What is stopping the WEF/UN from having control of our sovereignty? 

What do I mean by that last bit? Don’t be surprised to find out that the election next year will be postponed due to another pandemic. The WEF really don’t want anymore elections and think that we don’t need them anymore:

The fact that Canada and many other countries have signed a treaty of handing over our countries control in case there is another pandemic. Yes this happened this month actually and say there happens to be another pandemic that Canada won’t be able to tell its own civilians what they can and cannot do. It will be all up to the UN/WHO/WEF to keep us in lockdown because that’s what we Canada and other countries have signed off on wither you like it or not. 

I can keep going on and on with my opinions and CRAZY statements but you just have to find the right sources, because the bribed legacy media isn’t going to report or tell you this.  I’m all open for adult discussion about this and how the system is so fixed that I don’t know why it’s not discussed more on here.

Can someone prove to me how the middle class WON’T be phased out and pushed into poverty? Again I don’t want this life to transpire I just see how things are going and ask why are they happening unless it’s all intentional? If the videos and tweets I send in this post aren’t enough evidence to prove that something doesn’t smell right, then at least when things become more real then you can backtrack with this bonkers poster. 

Not sure who lost more brain cells; me reading that scitzo-post or you writing it.

7 minutes ago, You Will Own Nothing said:

Oh ffs not you again.

It's not real.  It's isn't reality.  If you believe it you're stupid.

Period.

Yes I'm saying you're argument is stupid and your evidence is specious.

Yes I believe you're there to troll intentionally.

Yes you're everything wrong with the conservative brand that has chased moderates like myself away.

Yes you can cry to a mod.

No I won't apologize.

Be better.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, bolt said:

Oh ya, by the by.

When I said people in politics and a specific side hating more thoroughly in an anti semitic slant with stupid conspiracy theories and what side of the proverbial aisle they vote for and support 

See the below post

10 minutes ago, You Will Own Nothing said:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh ffs not you again.

It's not real.  It's isn't reality.  If you believe it you're stupid.

Period.

Yes I'm saying you're argument is stupid and your evidence is specious.

Yes I believe you're there to troll intentionally.

Yes you're everything wrong with the conservative brand that has chased moderates like myself away.

Yes you can cry to a mod.

No I won't apologize.

Be better.

Scary part is there are people that really believe this stuff. I have in-law that eats this shit with a spoon. If we were in the US, he'd have a stockpile.

• Haha 1