Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh ffs not you again.

It's not real.  It's isn't reality.  If you believe it you're stupid.

Period.

Yes I'm saying you're argument is stupid and your evidence is specious.

Yes I believe you're there to troll intentionally.

Yes you're everything wrong with the conservative brand that has chased moderates like myself away.

Yes you can cry to a mod.

No I won't apologize.

Be better.

It could be some sort of delusional/psychotic disorder.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm not answering them because that's not what our discussion was about. It's you trying to move the goal posts.

I'll humour you though if you provide me with a more balanced link rather than a site about anti-semitism which is clearly going to be biased. Know though that any banner or slogan has to directly represent anti-semitism. If it's just about wanting justice for what happened to their families overseas, I'm going to disagree.

Let me ask you this though: Someone kills your family. You then go to a forum to talk about it. Someone then tells you you're perform anti-semitism because they're of a particular ethnicity. How do you react?

You're not answering them because you know those slogans refer to killing jews.  Then you deflect again.  

Do you have a different interpretation of the hateful anti Semitic slogans you seem to support?  Justifying hateful slogans is not OK.

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/stop-and-think-anti-israel-chants-and-what-they-mean

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, bolt said:

You're not answering them because you know those slogans refer to killing jews.  Then you deflect again.  

Do you have a different interpretation of the hateful anti Semitic slogans you seem to support?  Justifying hateful slogans is not OK.

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/stop-and-think-anti-israel-chants-and-what-they-mean

Of course you won't respond to me about pointing to it that one of your own types just posted one of the longest most insanely stupid rants full of anti semitism and anti semitic statements and accusations 

But you'll post another link and carry on with your day

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Of course you won't respond to me about pointing to it that one of your own types just posted one of the longest most insanely stupid rants full of anti semitism and anti semitic statements and accusations 

But you'll post another link and carry on with your day

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-left-needs-to-handle-its-antisemitism-problemnow

You have your own issues of your own types which is going to cost your guy the election.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, bolt said:

No. I gave you proof that they're not about killing Jews. Here I'll post it again.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-israel-hamas-ucla-penn-genocide-057006125279

But, let's go back to your link you just posted. Where are the links for it's proof as to what each point says? They're telling you what to think of each slogan, but they're not providing a link to proof that it's what it actually means. They're telling you what to think. They're hearing you like a sheep and, like a sheep, you oblige to whatever they're saying with no mind of your own.

But I get it. You want this to be all about politics. You want to blame the left. Who cares if people have lost their families right? Who cares if there's a war going on. It's all political for you. It's a game for you to play while people suffer.

I only have one word to describe you: gutless. I don't care if I get backlash for saying it. I 100% mean it. It's what I think of you: gutless.

But that's it for me for tonight. Enjoy your politics rants about "anti-semitism" without caring about, you know, people dying.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Well I'd have to imagine there is probably a decent cross over in beliefs between American conservatives and Canadian ones. So honestly I'd like to know as well?  What is his definition of American talking points? Are we talking political mud slinging? They all do it so I don't see how that could be construed as American talking points. Are we talking policies? Again I have to imagine American/Canadian conservative beliefs overlap so of course they would feel similar. If you can provide me an example I will try to answer 

I didn't mean to put you on the spot.   I agree there has to be some overlap, just as there is some between Libs and Dems.   

I do think there may be more going on with some Conservatives though.  The Ontario Party hiring Roger Stone is just one example.  Though you may not have heard it, there is talk of 'Parents Rights'.   Some anti-abortion talk.  Some religious groups seem to be amping up.  The word 'woke' has come to Canada.  Political attacks are becoming more viscous.

State of the Nations: Canadians proud of country, but see ‘Trump-style politics’ as a risk

...concerns over the potential for “Trump-style politics” are palpable. Just 13 per cent of Canadians say that this approach – driven by bombastic populist messaging, disregard for institutions and legal norms, and attacks on “the deep state” – is something to which Canada is immune. Three-quarters (75%) say that the Trump trend – which has inspired imitators around the globe – is something that can happen in Canada.

https://angusreid.org/canada-trump-politics-poilievre-trudeau-democracy-elections/

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Anyway, I'm going to avoid this thread maybe while I'm still looking for work. I hate to keep bringing it up but It's clearly affecting me. I can't handle people who put politics before ignorance right now.

(Deleted further because I probably went too far lol)

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Anyway, I'm going to avoid this thread maybe while I'm still looking for work. I hate to keep bringing it up but It's clearly affecting me. I can't handle people who put politics before ignorance right now.

(Deleted further because I probably went too far lol)

It's all the dumb little disingenuous conversation they bring that's annoying. They just want to keep you talking about stupid crap.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

It's all the dumb little disingenuous conversation they bring that's annoying. They just want to keep you talking about stupid crap.

Yeah. I don't know what I even am thinking when providing logic to the conversation in the first place. I just have too much faith in people sometimes that they're actually here to have an honest discussion when they're clearly not.

I just want the world to be a better place. Yet, here we are, debating against brainwashed sheep.

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

50 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh ffs not you again.

It's not real.  It's isn't reality.  If you believe it you're stupid.

Period.

Yes I'm saying you're argument is stupid and your evidence is specious.

Yes I believe you're there to troll intentionally.

Yes you're everything wrong with the conservative brand that has chased moderates like myself away.

Yes you can cry to a mod.

No I won't apologize.

Be better.

Which former user is this "great wall of xits"?  Clearly I haven't been following closely enough the ejection of other members. :classic_ninja:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/humboldt-broncos-families-fight-to-keep-saskatchewan-government-named-in-lawsuit/ar-BB1ndumd?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=0ec4a50a784548c1986bd96f9a1f4792&ei=25

"

CALGARY — Lawyers for several Humboldt Broncos families were in court Tuesday fighting a bid by the government of Saskatchewan to have it removed as a defendant in a lawsuit over the deadly bus crash in 2018. 

The five hockey families are suing over the crash, alleging the province knew the rural intersection where the crash happened had problems with visibility but did nothing to fix it. 

Sixteen people were killed and 13 were injured when an inexperienced truck driver went through a stop sign and into the path of the junior hockey team’s bus at the intersection near Tisdale, Sask. 

-------------------------------------------------

more at the link.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I saw this headline before you posted but didn't get a chance to read it until this afternoon.  Fascinating read, but unfortunately I don't think the posters who parrot points from the right will have the patience (or academic curiosity) to sit through such an article, which truly is - well, unfortunate.

Yeah, I highly recommend it to everyone here, just as an interesting, informative read.

Maybe it even helps a couple people too.... 👀

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

Scary part is there are people that really believe this stuff. I have in-law that eats this shit with a spoon. If we were in the US, he'd have a stockpile.

I just love when someone creates an account and their 1st post is 3 pages long.

Sure looks like they have been posting here for ages.

• ThereItIs 3

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mps-vote-motion-speaker-fergus-1.7217345

The entire conservative parties need to be a victim .... To roll play in real life mean girls ..... Is getting to be pathetic 

Every day another "the world is ending" victim crying session is a complete embarrassment to our country 

Not one second of his time is spend offering even one single alternative idea or policy .... 

Not a fan of truduea but my god PP is the biggest crybaby politician I've ever heard speak 

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Sapper said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mps-vote-motion-speaker-fergus-1.7217345

The entire conservative parties need to be a victim .... To roll play in real life mean girls ..... Is getting to be pathetic 

Every day another "the world is ending" victim crying session is a complete embarrassment to our country 

Not one second of his time is spend offering even one single alternative idea or policy .... 

Not a fan of truduea but my god PP is the biggest crybaby politician I've ever heard speak 

Victimhood seems to be a core tenet of modern conservatism. 

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bolt said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-left-needs-to-handle-its-antisemitism-problemnow

You have your own issues of your own types which is going to cost your guy the election.

Had you read what I posted at all instead of just responding to make noise you'd see that BOTH sides have that issue

But only one side seems to use violence the other are unwashed students crying on campus 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Had you read what I posted at all instead of just responding to make noise you'd see that BOTH sides have that issue

But only one side seems to use violence the other are unwashed students crying on campus 

The protests today are being led by the left.  Making a certain demographic uncomfortable in Canada is unacceptable.  Antisemitic chants should be deemed as pure hate speech.  I'm OK being called gutless to call out that behavior.

Yes I agree anti-semites on all spectrums should be dealt with.  

Edited by bolt

1 hour ago, bolt said:

The protests today are being led by the left.  Making a certain demographic uncomfortable in Canada is unacceptable.  Antisemitic chants should be deemed as pure hate speech.  I'm OK being called gutless to call out that behavior.

Are they ‘left’ though, when the ‘left’ are in their crosshairs too? 

1 hour ago, bolt said:

We agree on something.

Who knew!

While I loathe the crap these kids are chanting, it IS their right to in fact engage in it.  It is also the right if the university, future employers and law enforcement as well as the courts to ensure that nobody ever EVER forgets what they believe in after their little sit in us over.

As I stated before though.  Hate is hate.  It doesn't matter who or what it votes for or believes in.  If it denigrates an entire section of the population for who they are, who they love what they look like or what they believe in.

They're awful people and they're wrong 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

https://torontosun.com/news/national/canadian-ventilators-sold-for-scrap-metal-report

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/former-liberal-mp-questioned-over-ventilator-contract-at-ethics-committee

Bought ventilators from an ex Liberal MP who had no prior ventilator manufacturing background only to sell them for scrap.  Yet another corruption scandal

9 years of corruption and ineptness

Edited by bolt
  • Haha 1