Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, bolt said:

If they don't get it from us, they'll and ourselves will import it from somewhere that doesn't have any environmental standards.  

This is the approach that has got the world to where it is today.  I'd rather hear of ways to get us where we'd like to be.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Would a conservative government ever commit to such an initiative? Wouldn't they have to believe in climate change first? 

Would just be common sense. PP has stated many times his plan would be to tackle climate change through technology rather than encouraging people not drive their cars. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

This is the approach that has got the world to where it is today.  I'd rather hear of ways to get us where we'd like to be.

Yet emissions are way up over the last 9 years. Carbon Tax alone isn't moving the needle.

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Would just be common sense. PP has stated many times his plan would be to tackle climate change through technology rather than encouraging people not drive their cars. 

Technology that doesn't exist, and may not ever exist, to combat a existential threat to our planet that will become irreversible at some point? Not a risk I'm willing to take. 

3 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Just common sense. PP has stated many times his plan would be to tackle climate change through technology rather than encouraging people not drive their cars. 

https://unu.edu/press-release/un-study-reveals-hidden-environmental-impacts-bitcoin-carbon-not-only-harmful-product

Maybe we should be listening to people with common sense instead of vermin like Poilivre.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Technology that doesn't exist, and may not ever exist, to combat a existential threat to our planet that will become irreversible at some point? Not a risk I'm willing to take. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/271748/the-largest-emitters-of-co2-in-the-world/

Even if Canada went back to the stone ages nothing would change

Electing Justin over Pierre isn't going to change anything regarding climate change. So what risk are you referring to?

Edited by bolt

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So why not avoid going back to the stone age by allowing Poilivre to implement his barbaric beliefs on those of us who are actually civilized?

"Barbaric"

Sarcastic much?

10 minutes ago, bolt said:

Yet emissions are way up over the last 9 years. Carbon Tax alone isn't moving the needle.

So you are saying we just give up?

BTW -  I strongly disagree with this line:

Electing Justin over Pierre isn't going to change anything regarding climate change

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bolt said:

https://torontosun.com/news/national/canadian-ventilators-sold-for-scrap-metal-report

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/former-liberal-mp-questioned-over-ventilator-contract-at-ethics-committee

Bought ventilators from an ex Liberal MP who had no prior ventilator manufacturing background only to sell them for scrap.  Yet another corruption scandal

9 years of corruption and ineptness

This one really cracks me up, so much bullshit here. I actually know people at StarFish. Their main office is on Vancouver Island.

There was no "ex Liberal MP" corruption going on here whatsoever. This was a backup plan early in the pandemic incase Canada needed a ventilator supplier, and thankfully we didn't need it after all. 

This company is one of Canada's leading innovators in med tech, its the kind of company we need many more of, but PP's asshats slag it like its part of some Liberal scheme. Pathetic. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Has he provided any details as to how he will implement this plan?

1 minute ago, bolt said:

"Barbaric"

Sarcastic much?

Nope, what Poilivre wants to do to women and minorities is simply not acceptable in a civilized country.  I'm not going to to minimize the bigotry coming from that waste of oxygen; people need to understand that he wants to take civil rights in Canada back 100 years to start with.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

By ignoring any future pandemic, effectively murdering so many Canadians that our collective carbon footprint is reduced.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Nope, what Poilivre wants to do to women and minorities is simply not acceptable in a civilized country.  I'm not going to to minimize the bigotry coming from that waste of oxygen; people need to understand that he wants to take civil rights in Canada back 100 years to start with.

Lies because you were gaslighted by a desperate Liberal Party that is getting destroyed in the polls.

Edited by bolt
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Just that his administration will set emission targets and use technology to try and achieve them. Ive heard stuff like increasing the number of hydroelectric dams which would make sense.   

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

hey whats it called when a CPC MP introduces a bill that effects abortion rights in Canada, is that "gaslighting?" 

Not to mention the leader of a political party with a history of ethnic slurs in the house of commons that he refused to apologize for, or his support of the "barbaric snitch line" targeting minorities.  Poilivre's refusal to cut out the hate speech and bigotry is all that's to blame here.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

I read the article looking for details of Poilievre's plan to solve climate problems via technology, which as I'm sure you will remember was what I was asking for.  A short paragraph on axe the tax was all I saw. 

The devil is in the lack of details.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

I read the article looking for details of Poilievre's plan to solve climate problems via technology, which as I'm sure you will remember was what I was asking for.  A short paragraph on axe the tax was all I saw. 

The devil is in the lack of details.

The plan to impoverish Canadians so they can't travel is more effective?

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Just that his administration will set emission targets and use technology to try and achieve them. Ive heard stuff like increasing the number of hydroelectric dams which would make sense.   

A bit scant on the details I was asking for.

Liberal parliamentarians are criticizing Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre over a new video in which he promotes the idea that some Canadians are 'fleeing' Canada to live in Nicaragua because they can't afford a house in this country.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/poilievre-says-canadians-fleeing-to-nicaragua-liberals-say-it-shows-he-doesn-t-have-a-clue-1.6905459

My god PP is becoming an international embarrassment 

He's gone past hate and fear into the absolute ludicrous and delusional 

The fact that none of his party has stepped forward to take the keys away shows just how far gone and destroyed the conservative party has become 

18 hours ago, Satchmo said:

I didn't mean to put you on the spot.   I agree there has to be some overlap, just as there is some between Libs and Dems.   

I do think there may be more going on with some Conservatives though.  The Ontario Party hiring Roger Stone is just one example.  Though you may not have heard it, there is talk of 'Parents Rights'.   Some anti-abortion talk.  Some religious groups seem to be amping up.  The word 'woke' has come to Canada.  Political attacks are becoming more viscous.

State of the Nations: Canadians proud of country, but see ‘Trump-style politics’ as a risk

...concerns over the potential for “Trump-style politics” are palpable. Just 13 per cent of Canadians say that this approach – driven by bombastic populist messaging, disregard for institutions and legal norms, and attacks on “the deep state” – is something to which Canada is immune. Three-quarters (75%) say that the Trump trend – which has inspired imitators around the globe – is something that can happen in Canada.

https://angusreid.org/canada-trump-politics-poilievre-trudeau-democracy-elections/

I don't know who Roger Stone is, so I can't say I care or will comment on that. Define parents rights? I have seen all sorts of explanations on what that supposedly is. "A common sense Conservative government will not legislate on abortion and therefore would never use this section of the Constitution pertaining to this matter," he said.May 10, 2024 

That's straight from the horses mouth, so any abortion talks just come across as fear mongering.

Can you provide some "Trump style tactics" being used here?

Anyways I have never mentioned any of these topics nor even commented on them, so again I still have to ask. How am I using "us talking points" as Bob keeps saying? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Liberal parliamentarians are criticizing Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre over a new video in which he promotes the idea that some Canadians are 'fleeing' Canada to live in Nicaragua because they can't afford a house in this country.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/poilievre-says-canadians-fleeing-to-nicaragua-liberals-say-it-shows-he-doesn-t-have-a-clue-1.6905459

My god PP is becoming an international embarrassment 

He's gone past hate and fear into the absolute ludicrous and delusional 

The fact that none of his party has stepped forward to take the keys away shows just how far gone and destroyed the conservative party has become 

Pretty difficult to catch up to Justin as an international embarrassment.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-canada-embarrassed-on-world-stage-again

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/gunter-under-trudeau-canada-fades-from-world-stage

Edited by bolt