Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

23 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Nope, what Poilivre wants to do to women and minorities is simply not acceptable in a civilized country.  I'm not going to to minimize the bigotry coming from that waste of oxygen; people need to understand that he wants to take civil rights in Canada back 100 years to start with.

God what a sad existence you must live. Every thread I see you in you are SOOOO angry and spit nothing but vitriol. You need a break from the internet. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, bolt said:

The plan to impoverish Canadians so they can't travel is more effective?

I would respond to a more considered post.  That one is a bit weak.

If PP's plan is to make us all richer, I'm going to ask for details on how that is going to be done too.   I keep hearing of plans.  I want to know the algorithms to be used to implement them,

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Liberal parliamentarians are criticizing Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre over a new video in which he promotes the idea that some Canadians are 'fleeing' Canada to live in Nicaragua because they can't afford a house in this country.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/poilievre-says-canadians-fleeing-to-nicaragua-liberals-say-it-shows-he-doesn-t-have-a-clue-1.6905459

My god PP is becoming an international embarrassment 

He's gone past hate and fear into the absolute ludicrous and delusional 

The fact that none of his party has stepped forward to take the keys away shows just how far gone and destroyed the conservative party has become 

Talk about loaded headline. That whole article is just an opinion piece of "Har Har what an idiot PP is. Who would want to live in a dump like Nicaragua because Canada is soooo amazing?" 

Yikes.. 🤦

Edited by Ricky Ravioli

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

A bit scant on the details I was asking for.

Yeah he doesn't have much in stone, but Trudeau has done such a poor job that even just some new ideas are welcome. PP actually seems like he cares about being Prime Minister, while at this stage Trudeau just wants to keep the title and the paycheck. In his second year of university he submitted an essay to Magna International's "As Prime Minister, I Would...", essay contest. His essay, titled "Building Canada Through Freedom", focused on the subject of individual freedom and among other things, argued for a two-term limit for all members of Parliament. As a finalist, Poilievre won $10,000 and won a four-month internship at Magna.

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

God what a sad existence you must live. Every thread I see you in you are SOOOO angry and spit nothing but vitriol. You need a break from the internet. 

Not sure what your opinion of me has to do with Canadian politics.  I also couldn't care less what you think of me.  Do you have anything constructive to say?

Just now, King Heffy said:

Not sure what your opinion of me has to do with Canadian politics.  I also couldn't care less what you think of me.  Do you have anything constructive to say?

Your constant whining about PP isn't adding anything to the conversation which is why I replied to you to begin with. We get it dude! You hate PP. We got it the first 3000 times.

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Yeah he doesn't have much in stone, but Trudeau has done such a poor job that even just some new ideas are welcome. PP actually seems like he cares about being Prime Minister, while at this stage Trudeau just wants to keep the title and the paycheck. In his second year of university he submitted an essay to Magna International's "As Prime Minister, I Would...", essay contest. His essay, titled "Building Canada Through Freedom", focused on the subject of individual freedom and among other things, argued for a two-term limit for all members of Parliament. As a finalist, Poilievre won $10,000 and won a four-month internship at Magna.

The bolded seems pretty incompatible with a middle aged guy whose only paying job has been as a member of Parliament.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

A bit scant on the details I was asking for.

Especially the part about hydroelectric dams.

Because, you know, they can sprout up overnight.  No construction time needed.  No need to come up with the engineering plans to design the dam itself or the distribution network that should follow.  No need to involve the geotechs to identify a location that would work with minimal damage to the environment and minimum risk for the dam itself and its environs.  Just flick a switch, et voila, hydroelectric dam built!  And running!  Profit!

:picard:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Your constant whining about PP isn't adding anything to the conversation which is why I replied to you to begin with. We get it dude! You hate PP. We got it the first 3000 times.

And your kind hates Trudeau but I haven't made any personal comments to you.  I'm sorry you're having difficulty understanding this, but there's an ignore feature if you're so offended by what I say about Poilivre.

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Talk about loaded headline. That whole article is just an opinion piece of "Har Har what an idiot PP is. Who would want to live in a dump like Nicaragua because Canada is soooo amazing?" 

Yikes.. 🤦

But PP actually did the video and it has been viewed and shared extensively 

PP's need to be a victim is so strong he will do and say anything

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I don't know who Roger Stone is, so I can't say I care or will comment on that. Define parents rights? I have seen all sorts of explanations on what that supposedly is. "A common sense Conservative government will not legislate on abortion and therefore would never use this section of the Constitution pertaining to this matter," he said.May 10, 2024 

That's straight from the horses mouth, so any abortion talks just come across as fear mongering.

Can you provide some "Trump style tactics" being used here?

Anyways I have never mentioned any of these topics nor even commented on them, so again I still have to ask. How am I using "us talking points" as Bob keeps saying? 

I'll let Bob comment on what he said or did not say.  I just wanted to hear the thoughts you just gave.

Roger Stone is a very shady political consultant.   I think he is a dangerous man worth knowing about.  Roy Cohen as well.   Both men have had a great impact on the MAGA's.

Anyway, I have voiced my thoughts on the how US political tactics are seeping into Canada.  If I'm right, then some Canadians are using US talking points be they aware of it or not.

4 minutes ago, Sapper said:

But PP actually did the video and it has been viewed and shared extensively 

PP's need to be a victim is so strong he will do and say anything

Yes PP talked with a woman sharing her experience. Does her experience reflect all Canadians? No. Does it reflect none? The answer is also no. This is a stupid article and a waste of time and is the very political mudslinging done by the right that people on this board complain about 🤷

Not sure how you come to that conclusion but ok

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Yes PP talked with a woman sharing her experience. Does her experience reflect all Canadians? No. Does it reflect none? The answer is also no. This is a stupid article and a waste of time and is the very political mudslinging done by the right that people on this board complain about 🤷

Not sure how you come to that conclusion but ok

You missed that PP used it to create his own video. This isn't a woman making her own video and PP just hitting like .....  It's PP himself creating it and the story is about how ridiculous his actions are 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I think we need at least a little bit in stone.  So far, we have nothing but promises.   Can't eat promises.

I know about his essay.  Can't eat that either.

JT likely wants to stay due to pride and his large ego, and the belief he can do a better job.  As so many have pointed out, he does not need the paycheck.   PP does not need the paycheck either and seems to want the job for the same reasons I just gave for JT.

Edited by Satchmo
typo

Just now, Sapper said:

You missed that PP used it to create his own video. This isn't a woman making her own video and PP just hitting like .....  It's PP himself creating it and the story is about how ridiculous his actions are 

Yea I know. He's had a YouTube channel for a while. Looks like he's talking to a woman who attended a speaking event or something?  He's just sharing her story. I don't understand the issue here lol

You don't think some people have been forced out of this country due to rising costs or?

4 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Yea I know. He's had a YouTube channel for a while. Looks like he's talking to a woman who attended a speaking event or something?  He's just sharing her story. I don't understand the issue here lol

You don't think some people have been forced out of this country due to rising costs or?

People have emigrated for a better life since before Canada existed.  With all the complaints about immigration, I would have expected Poilivre and his base to be aware of that.

30 minutes ago, bolt said:

Can we talk about biases again?  The Toronto Sun wouldn't have any would they?

Oh, I just noticed they're both opinion pieces.  Never mind then.  I know you don't take those seriously. 

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

People have emigrated for a better life since before Canada existed.  With all the complaints about immigration, I would have expected Poilivre and his base to be aware of that.

Did he say people are leaving in masses?

8 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

PP had become the work place Karen who goes to work each day on our dime and doesn't actually do any work .... He heads to HR every day with a new wild complaint every day 

Yes people have had to move to afford to live or retire and this isn't something new. People move within Canada for the same reason 

The fact that instead of presenting any alternatives at all .... All he is doing is going full Karen on every issue he can .... Is a problem

If any other party released a video of that nature the news media would raost them as being fear mongering , alarmist and exadurating. 

The message isn't "hey a woman moved to be able to afford a life she couldn't here" his message is Canadians are fleeing Canada ..... Oh my god the country is in trouble ....

He needs to stop being a full time Karen and actually start being the opposition leader and Prime Minster in waiting and start unifying us and not continuing to burn it all to the ground ...  

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Did he say people are leaving in masses?

No, but if it's an extreme outlier, maybe it's not really worth discussing as this is just something that has always happened and can be attributes to personal choice.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Would just be common sense. PP has stated many times his plan would be to tackle climate change through technology rather than encouraging people not drive their cars. 

You mean technology like electric cars? Do you know what PP's stance on EVs is?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sapper said:

PP had become the work place Karen who goes to work each day on our dime and doesn't actually do any work .... He heads to HR every day with a new wild complaint every day 

Yes people have had to move to afford to live or retire and this isn't something new. People move within Canada for the same reason 

The fact that instead of presenting any alternatives at all .... All he is doing is going full Karen on every issue he can .... Is a problem

If any other party released a video of that nature the news media would raost them as being fear mongering , alarmist and exadurating. 

The message isn't "hey a woman moved to be able to afford a life she couldn't here" his message is Canadians are fleeing Canada ..... Oh my god the country is in trouble ....

He needs to stop being a full time Karen and actually start being the opposition leader and Prime Minster in waiting and start unifying us and not continuing to burn it all to the ground ...  

I think PP is going to evict gatekeepers and give you their house.

40 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Yikes.. 🤦

Based on a real video that Pollievre really made.... This is just another example of PP making a bullshit statement designed to stoke anger at Trudeau....and it's aimed directly at the idiots who believe this ridiculous sort of garbage.

Do you really believe that Canadians are fleeing to Nicaragua for more affordable housing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Based on a real video that Pollievre really made.... This is just another example of PP making a bullshit statement designed to stoke anger at Trudeau....and it's aimed directly at the idiots who believe this ridiculous sort of garbage.

Do you really believe that Canadians are fleeing to Nicaragua for more affordable housing?

Do you really believe Canadian housing is affordable?