Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, bolt said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadians-moving-to-the-us-hits-10-year-high-1.7218479

70% more.  Is it because of the higher crime rate, out of control housing costs, higher taxes or something else?

The article clearly states its about politics. This is the danger of PP. His hate gets inside people's heads to the point where Florida seems like a rational choice.

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The article clearly states its about politics. This is the danger of PP. His hate gets inside morans’ heads to the point where Florida seems like a rational choice.

Fixed it for ya. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bolt said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadians-moving-to-the-us-hits-10-year-high-1.7218479

70% more.  Is it because of the higher crime rate, out of control housing costs, higher taxes or something else?

My guess is mainly retirees looking for someplace warm, but all things are possible.

That being said, anyone emigrating from Canada to the US because of the crime rate is not thinking it through, IMHO....

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It is, but what does it have to do with Canadian politics?

PP has taught us everything is ultimately the fault of the sitting pm. 

If he wins, how long until he changes that tune? 15 minutes?

Just now, Bob Long said:

More chance it's eastern Canadians heading to Florida. 

I said as much in my other post, but you're quoting the wrong one. That was my shot across the bow of Saskatchewaners such as yourself....

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I said as much in my other post, but you're quoting the wrong one. That was my shot across the bow of Saskatchewaners such as yourself....

But I left as soon as possible 😅

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

But I left as soon as possible 😅

Yeah, judging from your posting history, I think you got out before the infection took hold....

• Haha 1

I wonder if more people moving to the states- a 70% increase- "allegedly" means; Canada has more people than it used to?

Example? If the population has gone up 20%, and the amount of people that are old has gone up 40%, doesn't that just mean there are more people that are able and wanting to move?

• Cheers 2

Just now, Gurn said:

I wonder if more people moving to the states- a 70% increase- "allegedly" means; Canada has more people than it used to?

Example? If the population has gone up 20%, and the amount of people that are old has gone up 40%, doesn't that just mean there are more people that are able and wanting to move?

It certainly appears so.

It's funny how things can change in a day. Yesterday, 8000 people were moving to Nicaragua because they couldn't afford to live in Canada. Now, everyone is heading for the states because of the "low crime rate".....

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It certainly appears so.

It's funny how things can change in a day. Yesterday, 8000 people were moving to Nicaragua because they couldn't afford to live in Canada. Now, everyone is heading for the states because of the "low crime rate".....

Also I do notice the dichotomy of people upset about the amount  folk that leave;  while at the same time being pissed about the amount of people that come here.

Seems kind of disingenuous to me.

maybe it's just my lack of caffeine, this morning?

Edited by Gurn
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Also I do notice the dichotomy of people upset about the amount  folk that leave;  while at the same time being pissed about the amount of people that come here.

Seems kind of disingenuous to me.

maybe it's just my lack of caffeine, this morning?

They'll never admit it, but I think a big part of the latter complaint has to do with the amount of melanin....

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

11 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

So seniors who use the built up equity in their homes to help fund their retirement should just f themselves.  No selling their home so they can buy a condo and have some cash left over.  

Lol

We have spent the past 4 decades letting corporations whittle away at workers benefits, including pensions that used to financially support people in retirement. Now people want politicians to tell the largest and most active voting block (old and near old people) that they're going to crash the real estate market that's one of the biggest things they had left to fund their retirement....? 🤨

Reality says hi.

And people think the Conservatives would do any different?! 🤣

• ThereItIs 1

I hate to even come in here cause you’ll end up getting gang banged by the left till your head spins. You can’t show enough data points to ever prove how poorly Canada has performed comparatively since 2015. They’ll just counter with something Harper did nearly a decade ago in a completely different world than we live in today or they’ll blame Covid.
To anyone who is a centrist like myself with an open mind and enough logic to see our trajectory under this government, I salute you.

If you’re a supporter of the Liberal government your bias is at such a deep level that I truly feel sorry for you and I’m not even being sarcastic. There is no debate anymore and the polls are starting to show that. Canadians are done with this PM from coast to coast. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

I hate to even come in here cause you’ll end up getting gang banged by the left till your head spins. You can’t show enough data points to ever prove how poorly Canada has performed comparatively since 2015. They’ll just counter with something Harper did nearly a decade ago in a completely different world than we live in today or they’ll blame Covid.
To anyone who is a centrist like myself with an open mind and enough logic to see our trajectory under this government, I salute you.

If you’re a supporter of the Liberal government your bias is at such a deep level that I truly feel sorry for you and I’m not even being sarcastic. There is no debate anymore and the polls are starting to show that. Canadians are done with this PM from coast to coast. 

If you can show me the centre option to vote for, I'd love to see it.

Just now, Bob Long said:

If you can show me the centre option to vote for, I'd love to see it.

The Canadian Conservatives are more left wing than the US democrats. Snap out of it man. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

The article clearly states its about politics. This is the danger of PP. His hate gets inside people's heads to the point where Florida seems like a rational choice.

That or just population dynamics of an aging population. The elderly often move to Florida/Arizona, warmer climates.   They also tend to be more conservative (tend not saying all elderly are cons).