Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

12 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Are you ok ?

I can't stand truduea , not fond of this version of the NDP.  I'm just very anti PP ... And somewhat anti conservative 

It's PP that is preaching taking Canada back to the glory days 

Those days he speaks of had high union density and workplace pensions. What they didn't have was the obscene record profits we have now

The 2 are polar.opposities

PP or anyone else .... Is not going to be able to fix the issue without seeing corporate profits fall back to just stunningly good vs record setting ... And a livable income for retired 

Unions are the opposite of what this country needs, this country needs to address productivity and affordability. The more unions there are the more prices would need to increase to pay union workers wages and again the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. 

3 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Governments have the biggest hands and fingers when it comes to helping people or flipping them off.

Is that honestly what you believe? You don’t think direct person to person contact is more effective? Interesting and comical considering homelessness has become the liberal legacy. I also don’t want to hear any type of social programs solution to people in need cause that is the biggest black mark the Liberals have. More social spending resulted in absolutely nothing tangible. Horrifically negative impact. 

Tell me more about what’s wrong and how the conservatives can’t fix it and how the Government who has been in power the last 9 years will. Hahah

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Unions are the opposite of what this country needs, this country needs to address productivity and affordability. 

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.  I am no big fan of many of the things unions do but they do fill a need.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Between this and the vax thread, a lot of these types suddenly coming out of the woodwork.  Did school get out early this year?  

Its an interesting strategy.

Make something up or just assume you know...then get called out...just ignore... dont address it..move a goal post....carry on with chest puffed out.

'If ignorance is bliss then knock this smile off my face'

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I can assure you it has never been a problem for me either.

Tell me how the liberals are going to bring down inflation and I will absolutely destroy your argument. Buck the algorithms on your social media feed and educate yourself. 

2 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Is that honestly what you believe? You don’t think direct person to person contact is more effective? Interesting and comical considering homelessness has become the liberal legacy. I also don’t want to hear any type of social programs solution to people in need cause that is the biggest black mark the Liberals have. More social spending resulted in absolutely nothing tangible. Horrifically negative impact. 

Tell me more about what’s wrong and how the conservatives can’t fix it and how the Government who has been in power the last 9 years will. Hahah

Person to person contact is very important.   Are you implying government to person contact is not?

Tell me more about what’s wrong and how the conservatives can fix it.   I'm details oriented and will need more than 'we have a plan' or 'the CPC believes...'

1 minute ago, DSVII said:

With all due respect I don't think that is a mutually exclusive. Social beliefs and wealth.

A country isn't a business where a metric like GDP is the end all be all measure. You can have high GDP yet only have it benefit a disproportionate 0.01% or a slightly lower GDP that can benefit 50%. I think you can agree at least the second scenario where it benefits more people will more likely contribute to a healthier society. 

A human being is not a profitable enterprise, I'd hate to see what a state run like that looks like. Businesses that operate on unlimited growth (an idea pioneered really in the 80s by Jack Welch) end up being extractive and exploitative. We have seen what a country run like a business looks like, look no further than the East India Company. 

The state exists to fulfill the social contract to its citizens, to protect them in exchange for their loyalty, taxes and service. Social beliefs play a vital role in that contract. Unless you want to go back to medieval times where the contract was as simple as putting you to the sword if you didn't pay the tax. 

The fall of western civilization will be ushered in the same way the Romans, Chinese, and European Empires have before. The vast concentration of wealth and power into a few corrupt individuals hoarding even more resources for themselves while distracting the masses with bread and circuses, hoarding even as the infrastructure that enabled them to do so in the first place is crumbling.

We've seen time and time again societies collapse because the rich cut taxes for themselves, and defund the state like parasites even as invaders are at the gates.

Tell me more about how this has improved over the last 9 years and I’ll redact my statement. Everyone must remember before they start talking shit about corporations influencing our quality of life that this administration has had 9 years to be Robin Hood. 

Just now, NoHeart said:

Tell me more about how this has improved over the last 9 years and I’ll redact my statement. Everyone must remember before they start talking shit about corporations influencing our quality of life that this administration has had 9 years to be Robin Hood. 

Wireless providers gotten relatively cheaper now that they are more strictly regulated.

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Person to person contact is very important.   Are you implying government to person contact is not?

Tell me more about what’s wrong and how the conservatives can fix it.   I'm details oriented and will need more than 'we have a plan' or 'the CPC believes...'

You’re a grown up, go look at their platform yourself. That’s the problem with people who rely on the government, they can’t inform themselves. 

3 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Tell me how the liberals are going to bring down inflation and I will absolutely destroy your argument. Buck the algorithms on your social media feed and educate yourself. 

I thought we were discussing my reading comprehension.   Academically and professionally it has been known to be very good. 

Your getting a bit into personal attacks here NH.  

Just now, King Heffy said:

Wireless providers gotten relatively cheaper now that they are more strictly regulated.

What? lol. My wireless bill has easily doubled since 2015, maybe even tripled. 

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

You’re a grown up, go look at their platform yourself. That’s the problem with people who rely on the government, they can’t inform themselves. 

And if an adult looks it up and comes to the conclusion that the changes these pieces of shit want to make will harm the country and make the situation worse?

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

And if an adult looks it up and comes to the conclusion that the changes these pieces of shit want to make will harm the country and make the situation worse?

Can you post without emotional angry outbursts?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

Christ I've about had enough.   We disagree.  Do not pretend to know anything about what I have researched or have the ability to understand just because of the fact we are not in agreement.

I can take any argument on.  I just hope it comes without snide comments and condescending remarks.

Edited by Satchmo
typo
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

I thought we were discussing my reading comprehension.   Academically and professionally it has been known to be very good. 

You’re getting a bit into personal attacks here NH.  

Better report me, I’m sorry you have nothing to counter my argument. I’m excited for someone to post a link to some cherry picking article. That’s usually what ends up happening in here. Just use the opinion of a journalist “put me in my place” 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Unions are the opposite of what this country needs, this country needs to address productivity and affordability. The more unions there are the more prices would need to increase to pay union workers wages and again the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. 

But ...... Without the communist price control that places like China and Russia have .... Or the ghetto poverty they Mexico has ..... It's not possible 

To get rid of unions would collapse the country almost over night without legislated price controls .

I'm not in favour of legislating prices for goods services and housing.  But you can't pay China / Mexico wages and charge Canadian prices. Simple math 

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

I'll need some more detail here. what is 'this' you are referring to? 

You're also mistaking my response to your post as a defense of the current government. They are also captured by corporations. The Rogers-Shaw mergers and the oligopoly of our grocery chains for instance. But I'm not doubling down on a party and ideology that's gonna dial that up to 100 just because the current option is a stinking turd.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Is an opinion but an educated one. If you actually looked at their polices there is really no way you could prove or disprove any of them. The only way you’ll know is implementation. In theory, the liberal government was going to be effective too, but when their policies were implemented the theory was proven to be wrong. 

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

Can you post without emotional angry outbursts?

I'll post however I like within the rules of the forum.  I'm certainly not going to censor myself to spare your feelings.

Just now, DSVII said:

I'll need some more detail here. what is 'this' you are referring to? 

You're also mistaking my response to your post as a defense of the current government. They are also captured by corporations. The Rogers-Shaw mergers and the oligopoly of our grocery chains for instance. But I'm not doubling down on a party and ideology that's gonna dial that up to 100 just because the current option is a stinking turd.

I’m not really sure why everyone blames their hardships on publicly traded companies. Buy shares and cheer them on. 

Just now, NoHeart said:

I’m not really sure why everyone blames their hardships on publicly traded companies. Buy shares and cheer them on. 

People struggling to make ends meet don't have the disposable income to do that.