Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Just look deeply into the future and tell us what will work.....   

A few pages back people were saying the cons would solve climate change through technological advances (no details given).  The Industrial Revolution brought us here; the Technological Revolution will repair it all.   But no government should have a hand in it?  We can just leave things up to Elon Musk et al?

Yes, that’s exactly what we need to do. Make a business friendly environment so green technology can thrive here. Cut corporate tax and ease regulations. Free enterprise is responsible for the Industrial Revolution and the internet, why wouldn’t it work the same for green energy and AI? Collect the taxes from the jobs it creates. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Now we have poor relations with the biggest emerging economy (india) and the second largest economy in the world (China). 

Perhaps if those countries weren't performing assassinations on our soil or tampering with our elections things would be better.  Their chumming up to Russia hasn't really helped either.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

It doesn’t really matter. All that I know is that we need to change the sentiment because this is going to be an unraveling of biblical prophecy. 

When PP is in if he follows through on 4 items it will be the worst collapse of a nation ... Even worse than Venezuela 

- eliminate carbon tax and apply an off setting cut to the rebates to the poorest 

- raise the age or change anything with OAS

- cancel universal seniors dental and the new pharmacare 

Those items alone will more than triple our senior poverty to biblical levels 

Homeless RV camps will start to become big enough to apply for township status 

A senior getting 1200 a month cpp will not have their life fixed by saving a few hundred in savings with reduced taxes  - when they will loose three times that much in other supports and little if any changes to rent and utilities costs 

Those poor retried don't give a rats ass about the cost of new vehicles , houses or vacations. It's the basics of life they need

Both leaders are.bad ...if your the working poor , lower middle class or retired and not rich .... PP is the greater if 2 evils .... By far

If your rich , care only about evangelical religious views then absolutely your life will be better under PP

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sapper said:

When PP is in if he follows through on 4 items it will be the worst collapse of a nation ... Even worse than Venezuela 

- eliminate carbon tax and apply an off setting cut to the rebates to the poorest 

- raise the age or change anything with OAS

- cancel universal seniors dental and the new pharmacare 

Those items alone will more than triple our senior poverty to biblical levels 

Homeless RV camps will start to become big enough to apply for township status 

A senior getting 1200 a month cpp will not have their life fixed by saving a few hundred in savings with reduced taxes  - when they will loose three times that much in other supports and little if any changes to rent and utilities costs 

Those poor retried don't give a rats ass about the cost of new vehicles , houses or vacations. It's the basics of life they need

Both leaders are.bad ...if your the working poor , lower middle class or retired and not rich .... PP is the greater if 2 evils .... By far

If your rich , care only about evangelical religious views then absolutely your life will be better under PP

Don’t blame the guy who has to stop the bleeding. This is what happens when your spending is out of control for 10 years. You think we can just keep borrowing money to pay for the liberal budget? Lol do you have any idea what you’re even taking about. I think we should cut even more and even deeper. Then I’ll buy an RV park and become rich AF. 

Just now, NoHeart said:

Yes, that’s exactly what we need to do. Make a business friendly environment so green technology can thrive here. Cut corporate tax and ease regulations. Free enterprise is responsible for the Industrial Revolution and the internet, why wouldn’t it work the same for green energy and AI? Collect the taxes from the jobs it creates. 

Interesting theory and one I'm dubious about being put into practice.   Are the Industrial Revolution are the Internet really shining examples to follow?  Both give benefits but the Industrial Revolution produced too much smoke and gas.  It gave us the plastic we all love and we're now drowning in.  The internet is doing almost as much harm as good (why that is, or why it isn't, is almost worthy of its' own thread).  

Mostly, I feel that industry is not going to go green unless pushed to do so.

Interesting theory and one I'm dubious about being put into practice.   Are the Industrial Revolution are the Internet really shining examples to follow?  Both give benefits but the Industrial Revolution produced too much smoke and gas.  It gave us the plastic we all love and we're now drowning in.  The internet is doing almost as much harm as good (why that is, or why it isn't, is almost worthy of its' own thread).  

Mostly, I feel that industry is not going to go green unless pushed to do so.

Free enterprise is the greatest thing to happen to human civilization since fire. Life has never been easier thanks to capitalism. 

Just now, NoHeart said:

Free enterprise is the greatest thing to happen to human civilization since fire. Life has never been easier thanks to capitalism. 

I'm not sure I can agree.  For one thing, I'm pretty confident free enterprise arrived before fire (or at least our ability to produce fire at will). 

5 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Don’t blame the guy who has to stop the bleeding. This is what happens when your spending is out of control for 10 years. You think we can just keep borrowing money to pay for the liberal budget? Lol do you have any idea what you’re even taking about. I think we should cut even more and even deeper. Then I’ll buy an RV park and become rich AF. 

I'll absolutely make blame the clown whose idea to stop the bleeding is to destroy the country at the expense of Innocent Canadians.  Poilivre absolutely deserves to be held accountable as the evil lunatic that he is.  Poilivre wants to stop the bleeding by murdering the patient and you expect the civilized portion of the country to pretend that he belongs anywhere other than prison?

• Haha 1

I'm not sure I can agree.  For one thing, I'm pretty confident free enterprise arrived before fire (or at least our ability to produce fire at will). 

The world's oldest profession isn't being a fireman.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bolt said:

1. Letting the middle class thrive without absorbent tax

which taxes would he reduce, and are we replacing it? if not replacement, whats going to get cut? 

2 hours ago, bolt said:

and unneeded regulation.  

which regulations. I work in medical regulations, colour me curious. 

2 hours ago, bolt said:

2. The Liberals expiry date is well past due. 

true, we do tend to tire of any government after about 10 years. 

2 hours ago, bolt said:

They have been proven failures 

in some areas for sure, no government tho has a perfect record. If they did, they'd still be in power.

So this is a start, but I need more info. 

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If anything to smarten up the liberals into bringing forth a better candidate next election. A different perspective/government turnover is often a good thing, as some get too comfortable.  

yeah I have wanted Trudeau to step aside for a while now, was hoping he would have done it last year. 

If the Libs renewed the leadership group with someone like Mark Carney, I doubt Skippy has a chance. 

2 hours ago, bolt said:

1. Letting the middle class thrive without absorbent tax

I'm curious about this "absorbent tax" you speak of.....

....Has Justin levied an excise tax on paper towels? Sponges? :classic_unsure:

10 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm curious about this "absorbent tax" you speak of.....

....Has Justin levied an excise tax on paper towels? Sponges? :classic_unsure:

I'm fine with intelligent tax change ideas, I'd just like to hear what's planned.

Is it smart and targeted or trickle down bs? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm fine with intelligent tax change ideas, I'd just like to hear what's planned.

-qxJqr.gif

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think you missed the joke, Jimmy....

...or were you piling sarcasm on top of my sarcasm?

Edited by RupertKBD

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Most people don't have to upgrade their electric for an EV either.

100 amp services have been outdated for years. Most homes already have 200 amp services.

I've asked many electricians and they all said our grid can't handle it.  But if you have to lie to prove a point.

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/opinion-provinces-lack-power-grids-to-meet-ottawas-ev-mandate

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

yeah I have wanted Trudeau to step aside for a while now, was hoping he would have done it last year. 

If the Libs renewed the leadership group with someone like Mark Carney, I doubt Skippy has a chance. 

Almost all of their ministers need to be removed as well.  A Conservative landslide win will accomplish that.

Edited by bolt

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, bolt said:

Almost all their ministers need to be removed as well.

There's rarely more than a few top performers in any government. That's why we have a stable bureaucracy behind all the mps so it all continues to work.

Edited by Bob Long

Why are we cutting corporate tax when across the board they're taking in record profits every quarter?

Stop giving shit away for free when the middle and low income earners are getting screwed at the registers

• Vintage 1

Just curious.

You think spending was out of control for only ten years and it was better before Trudeau?

Have a read mate.  Seems experts don't agree with you at all and the only positives seem to have been born on the backs of what is now considered a bad thing

https://policyoptions.irpp.org/magazines/october-2016/economic-performance-and-policy-during-the-harper-years/

In subsequent years, his Conservative governments generated shortfalls of $55.6 billion in 2009-10; $33.4 billion in 2010-11; $26.3 billion in 2011-12; $18.4 billion for 2012-13; and $5.2 billion for 2013-14.

To summarize, Harper-led governments ran a string of six straight deficits between 2008-09 and 2013-14.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, bolt said:

I've asked many electricians and they all said our grid can't handle it.  But if you have to lie to prove a point.

https://montrealgazette.com/opinion/opinion-provinces-lack-power-grids-to-meet-ottawas-ev-mandate

Maybe not today, but the mandate isn't until over a decade down the road....