Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Sure, took me all of 10 seconds Petey.  I mean how lazy does one have to be to avoid doing such a minimal amount of work am I right?

Turns out that the issue is the infrastructure in some areas of Canada isn't up to snuff YET but at this stage there is little to no danger from Evs as long as the infrastructure grows with demand.

Funny how that works

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-evs-arent-burdening-canadas-electricity-grids-yet/#:~:text=Some experts believe utilities have,so in total electricity demand.

https://www.hilltimes.com/story/2024/03/20/expanded-electric-capacity-to-handle-evs-must-be-taken-seriously-say-experts/415316/

https://www.bchydro.com/news/conservation/2021/ev-myths-busted.html

It's almost like...someone didn't want to see that their bullshit wasnt factual

So you chastised another poster for posting an opinion piece, but then turn around and post 2 other opinion pieces to counteract someone else's opinion?  🤣

At least the other person's opinion didn't come with a paywall!!!   😊

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

My guess is that they consider every opinion piece that supports their world view = "fact", while every opinion piece that doesn't = "useless opinion".  :classic_ninja:

I guess I should rephrase that.

"My guess is that they consider every opinion piece that supports their world view = 'fact', while every opinion piece that doesn't as well as news pieces by investigative journalists who report verified facts = 'useless opinion'.  :classic_ninja:"

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not only is the infrastructure not in place to manage 2 million EV cars, but those cars can't even be driven in the winter months in places with extreme cold temperatures...

Can you post something that proves that?

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So you chastised another poster for posting an opinion piece, but then turn around and post 2 other opinion pieces to counteract someone else's opinion?  🤣

At least the other person's opinion didn't come with a paywall!!!   😊

Ask your dinner party guests to provide you with the knowledge on how to google pay wall avoiders.

Those are not opinion pieces though, they're factual articles.

Seems you're looking for a nirvana fallacy here and sorry champ you're not gonna get one.  The level of bullshit and lying being thrown around here needs to be checked and it seems ya don't like it.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Not only is the infrastructure not in place to manage 2 million EV cars, but those cars can't even be driven in the winter months in places with extreme cold temperatures...

Yup. EV technology isn’t ready for the vast majority of Canada. Ironically we will probably build natural gas plants to generate enough current to provide for the EV boom. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oh sorry, I forgot.  Yall are enjoying handouts and people doing the work for you

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a60344222/does-an-ev-work-as-well-in-cold-weather/

https://www.saskpower.com/about-us/Our-Company/Blog/2021/Myth-Electric-vehicles-cant-handle-our-cold-Saskatchewan-winters

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/17/1232283433/how-well-do-evs-handle-cold-weather

It's almost like...you're lying to push a narrative.

Good thing you're better than that.

Right Pete?

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. EV technology isn’t ready for the vast majority of Canada. Ironically we will probably build natural gas plants to generate enough current to provide for the EV boom. 

Don't forget that the vast majority of Canadians live in a thin strip running the length of our southern border.   

The natural gas plant part is funny if it was meant to be and just silly if it wasn't.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

They don't?

So then we can raise it to help reign in those insane record profits and it won't mean anything.

Good to know.

You’ve lost some credibility here man, any small business is far more stressed with higher corporate tax rates than Walmart for example. If you challenge corporations with taxes they just leave or increase their prices to help cover their loss and then drive inflation. 

24 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ask your dinner party guests to provide you with the knowledge on how to google pay wall avoiders.

Those are not opinion pieces though, they're factual articles.

Seems you're looking for a nirvana fallacy here and sorry champ you're not gonna get one.  The level of bullshit and lying being thrown around here needs to be checked and it seems ya don't like it.

Awww, why so snarky today Hippy?  For a guy who’s never voted for Trudeau you sure like to stick up for him on a daily basis. 

The lying and bullshit has been going on for 577 pages. So it’s not a recent phenomenon. You’re the one who’s kept using the pandemic as a bullshit excuse for Trudeau’s incompetence for the last 9 years. I’m old enough to remember how you claimed that Harper never balanced a budget. Sorry to tell you but it’s your boy Trudeau who can’t balance a budget to save his ass. Makes sense though since he can’t even add 8+6. 

If you think the Trudeau government can figure out how to pump out 2 million EV cars by 2035 and upgrade our grid to match demand not only for those cars but also for electric heat pumps in homes, which hasn’t even been talked about yet, when he can’t even balance a budget in 9 years, then I guess I can’t really help you.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

You’ve lost some credibility here man, any small business is far more stressed with higher corporate tax rates than Walmart for example. If you challenge corporations with taxes they just leave or increase their prices to help cover their loss and then drive inflation. 

You've lost some what?

So you're saying that there can be no amendment to a tax code based off of business size or profit?  

Funny, I didn't realize everything was so perfectly rigid LB.

Especially as under the former government they did just that based off of size and income.

Edit*  This is a VERY far cry from "corporations don't care about the tax rate" or whatever you just said a page or so ago

Edited by Warhippy

43 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh sorry, I forgot.  Yall are enjoying handouts and people doing the work for you

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a60344222/does-an-ev-work-as-well-in-cold-weather/

https://www.saskpower.com/about-us/Our-Company/Blog/2021/Myth-Electric-vehicles-cant-handle-our-cold-Saskatchewan-winters

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/17/1232283433/how-well-do-evs-handle-cold-weather

It's almost like...you're lying to push a narrative.

Good thing you're better than that.

Right Pete?

“While annual EV sales continue to grow in the U.S. market, the growth rate has slowed notably. Sales in Q1 rose 2.6% year over year, but fell 15.2% compared to Q4 2023. The increase last quarter was well below the previous two years.Apr 11, 2024”

Bloomberg 

4 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Small business tax rates are pretty good here... What do you think that they should be?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Awww, why so snarky today Hippy?  For a guy who’s never voted for Trudeau you sure like to stick up for him on a daily basis. 

The lying and bullshit has been going on for 577 pages. So it’s not a recent phenomenon. You’re the one who’s kept using the pandemic as a bullshit excuse for Trudeau’s incompetence for the last 9 years. I’m old enough to remember how you claimed that Harper never balanced a budget. Sorry to tell you but it’s your boy Trudeau who can’t balance a budget to save his ass. Makes sense though since he can’t even add 8+6. 

If you think the Trudeau government can figure out how to pump out 2 million EV cars by 2035 and upgrade our grid to match demand not only for those cars but also for electric heat pumps in homes, which hasn’t even been talked about yet, when he can’t even balance a budget in 9 years, then I guess I can’t really help you.

Aww for a guy who meh meh meh.

Stow it champ.

You spew all that smug and condescending BS and when you get called out you don't like it.

You lied and got called out.  Deal with it.

Just now, Warhippy said:

Aww for a guy who meh meh meh.

Stow it champ.

You spew all that smug and condescending BS and when you get called out you don't like it.

You lied and got called out.  Deal with it.

You’ve literally been lying for the last 4 pages. And LaBamba has called you out on it. 

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

“While annual EV sales continue to grow in the U.S. market, the growth rate has slowed notably. Sales in Q1 rose 2.6% year over year, but fell 15.2% compared to Q4 2023. The increase last quarter was well below the previous two years.Apr 11, 2024”

Bloomberg 

The statement was that EVS are overloading our grid.  Our grid can't handle Evs right now" and "EVs don't work in the cold"

All of which are lies and have nothing to do with current vehicle sales in the US or Canada.

Stay on topic sir.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

You’ve literally been lying for the last 4 pages. And LaBamba has called you out on it. 

What have I lied about.

Go ahead.  Do let me know without calling friend

Just now, Warhippy said:

You've lost some what?

So you're saying that there can be no amendment to a tax code based off of business size or profit?  

Funny, I didn't realize everything was so perfectly rigid LB.

Especially as under the former government they did just that based off of size and income.

The cutoff is $500,000 annual income man. That’s not a money mongering corporation that’s a family owned business. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, NoHeart said:

The cutoff is $500,000 annual income man. That’s not a money mongering corporation that’s a family owned business. 

Again, you'e saying or suggesting that amendments can not be made?

Think really hard about that.

Edit*  Again, this is a very far cry from "corporations don't care about the tax rate" or whatever it was you said just a page or so ago

Edited by Warhippy

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

How much tax would a family company really be paying on that?  Shouldn't be much, with good planning should be zero.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The statement was that EVS are overloading our grid.  Our grid can't handle Evs right now" and "EVs don't work in the cold"

All of which are lies and have nothing to do with current vehicle sales in the US or Canada.

Stay on topic sir.

IMG_9806.jpeg

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

IMG_9806.jpeg

Oh so now it's they lose range in the cold; not that they don't work in the cold

How foolish of me to assume that pointing out how wrong that is wouldn't result in moving he goalposts to suit the argument or to ensure someone wouldn't be quite as wrong for their statement

My bad.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

IMG_9806.jpeg

Holy sh*t! It was obvious to anyone eith a brain that electric vehicles are a bad idea in cold regions but holy crsp they are worse that I thought. A person would need to be beyond a moran (in the vast majority of our nation) to buy one of these things. In Vancouver they are fine. But the rest of Canada they become black holes. Why would anyone outside of our area buy one? 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Again, you'e saying or suggesting that amendments can not be made?

Think really hard about that.

Edit*  Again, this is a very far cry from "corporations don't care about the tax rate" or whatever it was you said just a page or so ago

Where are your boys amendments? Pp is just as likely to make an amendment as JT. Only difference is JT has had 9 years to do that. 

sometimes you’re a very interesting and intelligent debater then other times you just spew news articles from some journalist that is trying to prove a narrative just as much as you are. You get caught up in trying to prove you’re right even if you know you’re wrong. There is no way you could possibly think the corporate tax rate effects the corporations nearly as much as it effects local family owned businesses. Just stop. 

from what I remember I think you’re relatively mechanically inclined. Show me a battery anywhere in the world that doesn’t lose its capacity in below zero temperatures man. Stop with the CBC articles man. 

• Cheers 2