Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Alflives said:

Holy sh*t! It was obvious to anyone eith a brain that electric vehicles are a bad idea in cold regions but holy crsp they are worse that I thought. A person would need to be beyond a moran (in the vast majority of our nation) to buy one of these things. In Vancouver they are fine. But the rest of Canada they become black holes. Why would anyone outside of our area buy one? 

Running all the same also has a detrimental effect on gas vehicles Alf.

Don't be simple enough to misunderstand what is being said here.  We have block heaters and different blends of gas for winter for a reason.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oh so now it's they lose range in the cold; not that they don't work in the cold

How foolish of me to assume that pointing out how wrong that is wouldn't result in moving he goalposts to suit the argument or to ensure someone wouldn't be quite as wrong for their statement

My bad.

It’s common sense that anything electric drives works poorly in colder weather. Imagine driving anywhere outside of our area (west coast) in an EV during Canadian winter. It’s actually like trying to sail the Atlantic in an old fashioned wooden boat. It’s just too risky and beyond foolish. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

How dare someone use an accredited news source in a political thread?

You mean the news source that’s going to lose its public funding as soon as the conservatives are in office? 

Just now, NoHeart said:

Stop with the CBC articles man. 

What CBC article have I posted since we started this?  

Just now, NoHeart said:

Where are your boys amendments? Pp is just as likely to make an amendment as JT. Only difference is JT has had 9 years to do that. 

You're insinuating that amendments can not be made to protect small and medium sized business when corporations are targeted for increased tax rates.  You know full well what you're doing.  be better.

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

sometimes you’re a very interesting and intelligent debater then other times you just spew news articles from some journalist that is trying to prove a narrative just as much as you are. You get caught up in trying to prove you’re right even if you know you’re wrong. There is no way you could possibly think the corporate tax rate effects the corporations nearly as much as it effects local family owned businesses. Just stop. 

Sometimes?  K

I have had a very consistent message and it hasn't wavered but do go off on changing the narrative after the last few pages of statements that the usual suspects have made only to then pivot their argument.

Again, and this is very important.  Corporations; you know full well what is being said here.  You know full well we're not talking about something as small as 300-50 people here.  You're being intentionally obtuse because you know exactly what is being said and it does not jive with your opinion or position.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Running all the same also has a detrimental effect on gas vehicles Alf.

Don't be simple enough to misunderstand what is being said here.  We have block heaters and different blends of gas for winter for a reason.

Do those living in the lower mainland even know what a “block heater” is? 
Of course they don’t. That’s why EVs work good here. They are the best choice for this region. But for the rest of Canada a person would need to be a moran to buy one. EVs are craperolla in cold climates. 

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

A good accountant can minimize that to minimal levels.

But we're talking about corporations.  Not corporations.  Because being incorporated means a small business is totally in the same metric as Walmart.  Sobeys.  Telus.  Chevron.  Etc.

Because knowing exactly what is being said but ensuring that you can shift the narrative means never having to be wrong.

My guy has been great, I guess if you diy your taxes maybe you pay a lot? 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Holy sh*t! It was obvious to anyone eith a brain that electric vehicles are a bad idea in cold regions but holy crsp they are worse that I thought. A person would need to be beyond a moran (in the vast majority of our nation) to buy one of these things. In Vancouver they are fine. But the rest of Canada they become black holes. Why would anyone outside of our area buy one? 

PHEVs are great. Gas when you need it, electric when you don't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

What CBC article have I posted since we started this?  

You're insinuating that amendments can not be made to protect small and medium sized business when corporations are targeted for increased tax rates.  You know full well what you're doing.  be better.

Sometimes?  K

I have had a very consistent message and it hasn't wavered but do go off on changing the narrative after the last few pages of statements that the usual suspects have made only to then pivot their argument.

Again, and this is very important.  Corporations; you know full well what is being said here.  You know full well we're not talking about something as small as 300-50 people here.  You're being intentionally obtuse because you know exactly what is being said and it does not jive with your opinion or position.

Show me where those corporations have been separated from the small business in the last 9 years. It’s 500k annual income. It’s not 100,000,000. 

corporations never have, and never will fund government programs. They will employ people and their labour will be taxed to fund social programs. We are the consumer not the corporations. All these liberal governments across the world talk about how they’re going to “fight the power” hahah ok. 9 years later and everyone is being taken care of by the big corporations thanks to the liberal government. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

What have I lied about.

Go ahead.  Do let me know without calling friend

Well I will start with the first post I quoted from you yesterday if you really want me to get technical.  I don’t need to call a friend cause I’m a real estate expert unlike you…

23 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I'd argue the single best thing they can do is restrict home ownership to private citizens not companies and corporations.  Restrict strata councils who refuse to allow rentals and rule with iron fists and restrict REIT stocks towards commercial and industrial holdings only while also limiting the amount of homes a private citizen can in fact own or hold

That alone would free up tens if not hundreds of thousands of units over night

You obviously don’t have a clue how an actual strata council works. Since I’ve been a Strata President for several years on some of my buildings I can tell you as a matter of fact that the strata council does not control rentals of units. It’s voted on by ALL owners at an AGM. Council usually consists of only 5-7 owners out of maybe 200-300 owners of a building. So they have very little control over most items other than day to day activities. Also, rental restrictions were completely eliminated on January 1, 2024 other than for 55+ buildings so not sure why you even mentioned that. 

As for REITs, most REITs in Canada are  invested in commercial and retail properties. Some also have apartment buildings. A building with more tham 4 units is considered commercial, so it falls under the commercial umbrella. This is what REITs mostly invest in. They don’t go around buying up individual strata units or detached homes as you are insinuating. That wouldn’t be a very efficient use of their capital and quite frankly the management costs would be through the roof to manage individual properties. 

As for the EV stuff, it seems LaBamba has that covered so I don’t need to add anything to that. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Just now, Alflives said:

Yup. Hybrids are the future. A totally electric vehicle is stupid. Super bad and stupid idea. 

Once solid state comes in and doubles or even triples current mileage they will be a viable option for most folks. The true northerners can use hybrid or natural gas.

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

As with most subjects these days, you can find an equal amount of pro and con opinions.  Cold Norway has a very large numbers of EV's.  A vast oil reserve too.  Go figure.

https://www.fastcompany.com/91011373/evs-work-fine-in-the-cold-in-norway-heres-how-they-do-it

https://insideevs.com/news/705338/norway-winter-ev-charging-no-trouble/

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Hybrids are the future. A totally electric vehicle is stupid. Super bad and stupid idea. 

I agree. Hybrids are perfect as they still allow you to use gas if you need to take a long trip, they won’t stall in the winter time and you are still helping to reduce emissions. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

You mean the news source that’s going to lose its public funding as soon as the conservatives are in office? 

And garbage like this is why the Conservatives should not be allowed to have any input whatsoever regarding the country is run.

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And garbage like this is why the Conservatives should not be allowed to have any input whatsoever regarding the country is run.

Hey, you’re governments doing a great job. You guys sure showed everyone how to get shit done. Hahaha

the party is over. This left wing bullshit has failed magnificently and it’s going to be so satisfying to see everyone cry when PP has more seats than all the parties combined. Hahahahah 

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree. Hybrids are perfect as they still allow you to use gas if you need to take a long trip, they won’t stall in the winter time and you are still helping to reduce emissions. 

Exactly! Best of both worlds. Only a moran would get sucjered into thinking an all EV is the way to go in Canada. That’s marketing and not common sense. The government should be providing incentives to those who buy hybrids, and not to EVs. We will all be paying for that mistake as dead EVs are all over. EV is such a stupid and foolish buy. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, NoHeart said:

Hey, you’re governments doing a great job. You guys sure showed everyone how to get shit done. Hahaha

the party is over. This left wing bullshit has failed magnificently and it’s going to be so satisfying to see everyone cry when PP has more seats than all the parties combined. Hahahahah 

Alf, like most older folk, is a Conservative. We all tend to be Conservative in our beliefs as we get older. It’s natural. But Poo Poo is so evil. (The guy is a series pos and lying bastard) that old Alf can’t vote for his local Conservative candidate knowing it’s also a vote for Poo Poo as PM. The Cons need a decent leader. Not too sure who though. Too many crazies over there now who aren’t truly Conservative; they are just power hungry morans. F those bastards. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Alf, like most older folk, is a Conservative. We all tend to be Conservative in our beliefs as we get older. It’s natural. But Poo Poo is so evil. (The guy is a series pos and lying bastard) that old Alf can’t vote for his local Conservative candidate knowing it’s also a vote for Poo Poo as PM. The Cons need a decent leader. Not too sure who though. Too many crazies over there now who aren’t truly Conservative; they are just power hungry morans. F those bastards. 

You’ll change your tone when your rrsps pop

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Reactionaries really, who unfortunately have hijacked the right wing movement at this point. I don't consider that conservatism.

Conservatism, especially with a small C, still has its place.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

You’ll change your tone when your rrsps pop

Don’t have any rrsps. They are a rip off. Only morans waste money on those.Poo Poo is a lying pos. Only a moran wouldn’t see that. 

There's no investment or development of oil and gas and only pierre can save us and.

Oh

Calgary-based AltaGas Ltd. and Netherlands-based joint venture partner Royal Vopak have approved a final investment decision for a large-scale liquefied petroleum gas and bulk liquids terminal project near Prince Rupert, B.C.

The decision to go ahead with the Ridley Island Energy Export Facility, or REEF, comes after a five-year environmental preparation and review process.

The companies say site clearing work is more than 95 per cent complete and the project is expected to come online near the end of 2026.

The capital cost of the project is estimated at $1.35 billion.

The first phase will include about 55,000 barrels per day of initial liquefied petroleum gas export capacity, including propane and butane, 600,000 barrels of LPG storage, a new jetty and extensive rail and logistics infrastructure. 

The facility will be built on a 0.77-square-kilometre site next to AltaGas and Vopak's existing Ridley Island propane export terminal.

In a statement, the Prince Rupert Port Authority called the final investment decision a "milestone for the Port of Prince Rupert as it marks the largest investment in the Port's history," noting it will allow for the export of liquefied petroleum gas, methanol and other bulk liquids.

Prince Rupert is already the third-busiest port in Canada, following Vancouver and Montreal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

There's no investment or development of oil and gas and only pierre can save us and.

Oh

Calgary-based AltaGas Ltd. and Netherlands-based joint venture partner Royal Vopak have approved a final investment decision for a large-scale liquefied petroleum gas and bulk liquids terminal project near Prince Rupert, B.C.

The decision to go ahead with the Ridley Island Energy Export Facility, or REEF, comes after a five-year environmental preparation and review process.

The companies say site clearing work is more than 95 per cent complete and the project is expected to come online near the end of 2026.

The first phase will include about 55,000 barrels per day of initial liquefied petroleum gas export capacity, including propane and butane, 600,000 barrels of LPG storage, a new jetty and extensive rail and logistics infrastructure. 

The facility will be built on a 0.77-square-kilometre site next to AltaGas and Vopak's existing Ridley Island propane export terminal.

In a statement, the Prince Rupert Port Authority called the final investment decision a "milestone for the Port of Prince Rupert as it marks the largest investment in the Port's history," noting it will allow for the export of liquefied petroleum gas, methanol and other bulk liquids.

Prince Rupert is already the third-busiest port in Canada, following Vancouver and Montreal.

Sorry. What’s your point? 

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well I will start with the first post I quoted from you yesterday if you really want me to get technical.  I don’t need to call a friend cause I’m a real estate expert unlike you…

You obviously don’t have a clue how an actual strata council works. Since I’ve been a Strata President for several years on some of my buildings I can tell you as a matter of fact that the strata council does not control rentals of units. It’s voted on by ALL owners at an AGM. Council usually consists of only 5-7 owners out of maybe 200-300 owners of a building. So they have very little control over most items other than day to day activities. Also, rental restrictions were completely eliminated on January 1, 2024 other than for 55+ buildings so not sure why you even mentioned that. 

As for REITs, most REITs in Canada are  invested in commercial and retail properties. Some also have apartment buildings. A building with more tham 4 units is considered commercial, so it falls under the commercial umbrella. This is what REITs mostly invest in. They don’t go around buying up individual strata units or detached homes as you are insinuating. That wouldn’t be a very efficient use of their capital and quite frankly the management costs would be through the roof to manage individual properties. 

As for the EV stuff, it seems LaBamba has that covered so I don’t need to add anything to that. 

No no.  Go ahead show me where I lied.

Then go on and tell me how Strata councils can not restrict rentals again lol.  Despite what BC law says.

Seems like you;'re looking for something you can't provide evidence for.

it's adorable, but it isn't anything of substance outside of your noises.

Oh

PP will be there to cut the ribbon.

Let's just cut the bs tho, no one supporting Pp thinks he's good, he's just not Trudeau. And that's all that matters.