Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I'm struggling to muster any outrage over this....

Yes, it was dumb and yes, it was embarrassing, but WWII ended almost 80 years ago. Nobody expects to see an actual Nazi walking around anymore....

The guy who effed this up has fallen on his sword and his boss, (whom is ultimately responsible for everything that happens in the name of his party) has next to no chance in the next election..............unless the guy challenging him opens his mouth too often.

All this hand-wringing and conspiracy theorizing is just dopey. I get that there are lots of folks who despise JT, but do you honestly believe he would allow this to happen if he had known the guy fought for Hitler?

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

This wont boil down for the conspiracy right.

They will be singing the songs of the governments Nazi love and telling tales of coke fueled globalism for months to come. 

The problem is that their base is going to think that inviting a Nazi was a good thing.

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

This wont boil down for the conspiracy right.

They will be singing the songs of the governments Nazi love and telling tales of coke fueled globalism for months to come. 

The funniest part is that's is that it's the right that goes Nazi/fascism, not the (extreme) left (communism) . Though I doubt half of them would be able to grasp that...so long as they have some conspiracy to latch on to and scream about, they're happy.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

And of course POiliverre who was standing and applauding Hunka is now aghast and ashmed and it's the worst thing to ever happen to canada on the world stage.  Meanwhile he is visible standing and applauding in these two images

Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre said Wednesday that extending an invite to a Ukrainian veteran who fought with a Nazi unit to attend a parliamentary function is the "biggest single diplomatic embarrassment" in the country's history and he's blaming Prime Minister Justin Trudeau for the mishap.

Speaking to reporters before a Conservative caucus meeting on Parliament Hill, Poilievre said Trudeau was responsible for making Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's visit to Canada a success — and that Yaroslav Hunka's inclusion in the event has sullied Canada's reputation on the global stage.

"Every single person ought to have been vetted for their diplomatic and security sensitivities if the prime minister and his massive apparatus were doing their jobs," Poilievre said.

Anthony Rota, the outgoing House of Commons Speaker, has taken full responsibility for Hunka's presence in the chamber.

image.png.5fa2faeecbc190afa88d739a25cc5956.png

image.png.1ad151281ed56d1bb913f2683d07c8bc.png

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/india-may-be-softening-its-stance-on-canadian-allegations-of-assassination/vi-AA1hjpKk?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=eb5f8b895dee4981a55e611e56299f7c&ei=13

There are signs that India may be softening its stance on the allegations that Indian agents were behind the assassination of Canadian Hardeep Singh Nijjar in Surrey, B.C., in June. There have been several instances of Indian officials saying they were open to discussions with Canada, possibly due to pressure from the U.S. and other western governments. 

3 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

I can't post in this thread any more, gets me in too much trouble, sorry.

Politics does nothing for me anyway.

Politics are a dead end.  All parties in the end are exactly the same.   Taxpayers get screwed and people that need support never get an appropriate amount of support to escape the poverty cycle.

Take care.    Most canadians politically are in the middle.  Sucks that all Canadian political parties have such poor leaders. 

• ThereItIs 4

12 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but I'm struggling to muster any outrage over this....

Yes, it was dumb and yes, it was embarrassing, but WWII ended almost 80 years ago. Nobody expects to see an actual Nazi walking around anymore....

The guy who effed this up has fallen on his sword and his boss, (whom is ultimately responsible for everything that happens in the name of his party) has next to no chance in the next election..............unless the guy challenging him opens his mouth too often.

All this hand-wringing and conspiracy theorizing is just dopey. I get that there are lots of folks who despise JT, but do you honestly believe he would allow this to happen if he had known the guy fought for Hitler?

I also don’t care. Like as if this wasn’t a mistake. Drop it and move on. Cause I don’t care. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Apparently, Rob Schneider has cancelled a trip to Canada because of it:

I saw that and had a good laugh.

I honestly thought that d-lister might have passed away. Haven't heard of him for years and what I do remember is that he was terrible.

Man, will this have the same impact as Taylor Swift almost snubbing Canada!?  😆

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I saw that and had a good laugh.

I honestly thought that d-lister might have passed away. Haven't heard of him for years and what I do remember is that he was terrible.

Man, will this have the same impact as Taylor Swift almost snubbing Canada!?  😆

Less.....far less....

I don't know a lot about Taylor Swift, (other than that she's currently dating Travis Kelce) but I know a lot of people actually like her....

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, moosehead said:

Politics are a dead end.  All parties in the end are exactly the same.   Taxpayers get screwed and people that need support never get an appropriate amount of support to escape the poverty cycle.

Take care.    Most canadians politically are in the middle.  Sucks that all Canadian political parties have such poor leaders. 

I’m not a JT fan by any stretch, but I can’t imagine how this Country would have fared during the pandemic, under a Conservative government. He immediately set up an all party committee to get the ball rolling. All these people complaining about the handing out money bit is laughable. I find they’re the ones with there hands out most often.

If you don’t like our system or leaders run for office. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to be in that fishbowl.

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Less.....far less....

I don't know a lot about Taylor Swift, (other than that she's currently dating Travis Kelce) but I know a lot of people actually like her....

haha, that was my point.

People might care about Taylor.

Rob....not so much.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

I’m not a JT fan by any stretch, but I can’t imagine how this Country would have fared during the pandemic, under a Conservative government. He immediately set up an all party committee to get the ball rolling. All these people complaining about the handing out money bit is laughable. I find they’re the ones with there hands out most often.

If you don’t like our system or leaders run for office. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to be in that fishbowl.

Agreed.

This all politicians/parties are the same is the laziest, most overstated and uninformed trope around.

• Vintage 1

Meanwhile in Alberta in Trudeau's Nazi Canada where this poor teacher has been silenced from speaking her opinion on social media.  How shameful that trudeau himself slapped her in the face and took away her job

*am I doing this right?*

A Catholic school board in Red Deer, Alta., ruled Tuesday that a trustee who likened LGBTQ pride to Nazi Germany won't be removed from her role, despite her violating its Trustee Code of Conduct and the Education Act.

Monique LaGrange, a trustee of Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools (RDCRS), took to Facebook toward the end of August to share a now-deleted meme that featured a picture of children waving Nazi flags above a picture of children waving Pride flags.

"Brainwashing is brainwashing," the post read.

LaGrange has been facing calls from the Alberta Teachers' Association (ATA) and the Central Alberta Pride Society to apologize for her comments and step down from the board.

Banned from committee meetings

At a meeting held Tuesday, the board found LaGrange violated the Trustee Code of Conduct and Alberta's Education Act, but ruled she would not be removed as a trustee.

Instead, LaGrange is censured from attending or participating in committee meetings, including those held by the Alberta School Boards Association and the Alberta Catholic School Trustees' Association, which has already removed LaGrange from her role as a director.

She also can't officially represent the board or school division in public or make statements about the LGBTQ community and the Holocaust.

She is, however, still allowed to attend regular board meetings and bring forward "educational-related issues" for discussion or debate.

The provisions began Tuesday and will remain in place until the end of LaGrange's term in the fall of 2025.

LaGrange declined an interview and directed CBC News to her lawyer.

According to the motion, the censure could be removed if the board's terms and conditions are met to the satisfaction of the board and if LaGrange acts in accordance with board policy and the Trustee Code of Conduct.

LaGrange is required to successfully complete sensitivity training about the Holocaust and LGBTQ discrimination, as well as training that covers professional school trustee boundaries and appropriate use of social media, cultural sensitivity and human rights.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, aGENT said:

The funniest part is that's is that it's the right that goes Nazi/fascism, not the (extreme) left (communism) . Though I doubt half of them would be able to grasp that...so long as they have some conspiracy to latch on to and scream about, they're happy.

Look, there's one now! 

🙄

40 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Meanwhile in Alberta in Trudeau's Nazi Canada where this poor teacher has been silenced from speaking her opinion on social media.  How shameful that trudeau himself slapped her in the face and took away her job

*am I doing this right?*

A Catholic school board in Red Deer, Alta., ruled Tuesday that a trustee who likened LGBTQ pride to Nazi Germany won't be removed from her role, despite her violating its Trustee Code of Conduct and the Education Act.

Monique LaGrange, a trustee of Red Deer Catholic Regional Schools (RDCRS), took to Facebook toward the end of August to share a now-deleted meme that featured a picture of children waving Nazi flags above a picture of children waving Pride flags.

"Brainwashing is brainwashing," the post read.

LaGrange has been facing calls from the Alberta Teachers' Association (ATA) and the Central Alberta Pride Society to apologize for her comments and step down from the board.

Banned from committee meetings

At a meeting held Tuesday, the board found LaGrange violated the Trustee Code of Conduct and Alberta's Education Act, but ruled she would not be removed as a trustee.

Instead, LaGrange is censured from attending or participating in committee meetings, including those held by the Alberta School Boards Association and the Alberta Catholic School Trustees' Association, which has already removed LaGrange from her role as a director.

She also can't officially represent the board or school division in public or make statements about the LGBTQ community and the Holocaust.

She is, however, still allowed to attend regular board meetings and bring forward "educational-related issues" for discussion or debate.

The provisions began Tuesday and will remain in place until the end of LaGrange's term in the fall of 2025.

LaGrange declined an interview and directed CBC News to her lawyer.

According to the motion, the censure could be removed if the board's terms and conditions are met to the satisfaction of the board and if LaGrange acts in accordance with board policy and the Trustee Code of Conduct.

LaGrange is required to successfully complete sensitivity training about the Holocaust and LGBTQ discrimination, as well as training that covers professional school trustee boundaries and appropriate use of social media, cultural sensitivity and human rights.

• Vintage 1