Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Retired boomer - guilty.

That’s weak sauce Ricky, you’ve spent more time complaining about it than it took me to get Telus to make my plan $20 cheaper and increase the the data to 200gb unthrottled. Last year the wife spent 30 minutes getting the cost of our landline (yes, we still have a landline) reduced from $25/month to 19 cents/month for 18 months and $1/month after that. 

$500 per year saved with two calls that took approximately 1 hour combined. 

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm laying out basic reality. That's great you have the free time to spend on the line to get those savings but today's generation ain't interested in jumping through those hoops. And quite frankly why should they have to. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm laying out basic reality. That's great you have the free time to spend on the line to get those savings but today's generation ain't interested in jumping through those hoops. And quite frankly why should they have to. 

Getting the best deal is part of living, no? Consumer protection is a good thing but in a market place of choices I question the requirement of government entities to negotiate best deals. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Getting the best deal is part of living, no? Consumer protection is a good thing but in a market place of choices I question the requirement of government entities to negotiate best deals. 

My problem is the claim that "cell phone plans are cheaper" they just flat out are not unless you jump through said hoops. The government is just using skewed numbers to push a narrative.

I don't disagree that it's up to the consumer to find the best deal I just hate when the government lies

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

My problem is the claim that "cell phone plans are cheaper" they just flat out are not unless you jump through said hoops. The government is just using skewed numbers to push a narrative.

I don't disagree that it's up to the consumer to find the best deal I just hate when the government lies

This is truly hilarious. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

This is truly hilarious. 

Argue all you want. I have gone through many phones over the years. Upgrading due to necessity not want. It has never gotten cheaper. Do I have more data then 10 years ago? Sure. But who cares? I have wifi every where I go. $10 years ago my bill was like $60 a month. I pay $97 now. Basic ass plan. That ain't cheaper in the slightest 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Cell phone companies: "We have sales on plans!"

Me calling in for like maybe 10 minutes: "Can I have the sale plan that meets my needs?"

Cell phone company: "Let's get you signed up".

Ricky: "Too many hoops".

Like are you even serious with this? Of all the hills to die on...🤣

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Argue all you want. I have gone through many phones over the years. Upgrading due to necessity not want. It has never gotten cheaper. Do I have more data then 10 years ago? Sure. But who cares? I have wifi every where I go. $10 years ago my bill was like $60 a month. I pay $97 now. Basic ass plan. That ain't cheaper in the slightest 

What steps have you taken to help yourself with that?

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Me calling in for like maybe 10 minutes: "Can I have the sale plan that meets my needs?"

Like are you even serious with this? If all the hills to die on...🤣

I really wish that I made enough money that my time was worth more than the savings for a maximum of half an hour on the phone (during which I'm also able to browse CDC or do some light housework).

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I'm paying ~$60 WITH a phone financed in that. 40gb of data. My wife is paying $34 on a BYOP, same data.

You're doing it wrong. Fuck Trudeau! 🤣

Edited by aGENT

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Nobody under the age of 30 is calling in and doing that. Why is that soo hard to understand?

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I really wish that I made enough money that my time was worth more than the savings for a maximum of half an hour on the phone (during which I'm also able to browse CDC or do some light housework).

I was cutting veg for dinner with my phone on speaker to "jump through the hoops" 🤣

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Nobody under the age of 30 is calling in and doing that. Why is that soo hard to understand?

So your calling everyone under 30 lazy and stupid, with zero ability to take ownership of their own issues and budgeting? Ok.

No wonder they can't afford houses.

• Thanks 1

Just now, aGENT said:

So your calling everyone under 30 lazy and stupid, with zero ability to take ownership of their own issues and budgeting? Ok.

No wonder they can't afford houses.

You think a generation obsessed with tik Tok and shorts are spending 30 minutes on the phone while cutting veg you naive.

Some of these new generation have never even made a phone call. They all text and face time now 

4 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Sounds like we should be implementing more personal finance education in school if they're not getting it at home then.

You think a generation obsessed with tik Tok and shorts are spending 30 minutes on the phone while cutting veg you naive.

Some of these new generation have never even made a phone call. They all text and face time now 

So it's the government's job to do the work for them?

26 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

I pay $34 per month for 50gb with Koodo. You can too.

25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I have usually gone with "I'd like to stay with you if you match another companies deal". 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Bob Long said:

I have usually gone with "I'd like to stay with you if you match another companies deal". 

Me too.  Free market at work, which I thought the conservatives were all about.

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Me too.  Free market at work, which I thought the conservatives were all about.

Skippy has them so wound up they think Trudeau should be choosing their cell phone plans 🤣

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Harassment, and what it is doing to some people

Liberal MP Pam Damoff shares examples of abuse she says she and her staff have received from the public. Damoff says the harassment continued even after she announced she is not seeking re-election due to the misogyny and disrespectful dialogue in politics, and threats to her life.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/liberal-mp-describes-episodes-of-harassment-from-members-of-the-public/vi-BB1nlvbf?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2ad2713055134f9a8426b76cff07ba0f&ei=39

This attitude here is exactly why Trudeau is going to lose

He almost certainly will lose. 10 years will do that to any politician.

But you seem to think Skippy is going to make your life better. The little creep is going to take your vote and give you even less. 

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Harassment, and what it is doing to some people

Liberal MP Pam Damoff shares examples of abuse she says she and her staff have received from the public. Damoff says the harassment continued even after she announced she is not seeking re-election due to the misogyny and disrespectful dialogue in politics, and threats to her life.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/liberal-mp-describes-episodes-of-harassment-from-members-of-the-public/vi-BB1nlvbf?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2ad2713055134f9a8426b76cff07ba0f&ei=39

Little keyboard cowards.

• Upvote 1