Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

16 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Careful Bob, this sounds like a line straight out of a conspiracy theory 👀

really? following the actual policy debates and legal strategy is "conspiracy" to you?

the tack by the cons (which you can see repeated by supporters in here) is to introduce new laws. They claim its to "protect" women but its just the only legal strategy possible under Canadian law.

If you want to try to minimize people this way, thats your right, but this is the strategy that anyone paying attention to the debate knows is happening. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

You've provided no facts, just your opinion and emotions

Well that's a description of about 95% of all posts made here isn't it?

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don't believe that is true.  A woman's right to "life, liberty and security of the person" guaranteed under Section 7 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms established in 1982.[11].  This is what is in the Constitution.  There is also a court case from 1988:

but it is true, you just quoted why we don't need further laws. 

12 minutes ago, Spring Salmon said:

You've provided no facts, just your opinion and emotions

I agree Harper is a smart man.  Never should have voted him out.  We would have been a lot better off with him as PM than 9 years of Justin 

Yeah, nothing like an openly racist PM who tried to implement a "barbaric snitch line" and refused to answer questions from the media that weren't approved before.  He absolutely had to go.

• Vintage 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Yeah, nothing like an openly racist PM who tried to implement a "barbaric snitch line" and refused to answer questions from the media that weren't approved before.  He absolutely had to go.

Openly racist you say.  Wait maybe call him a Nazi then I'll believe you

• Haha 2

Just now, Spring Salmon said:

Openly racist you say.  Wait maybe call him a Nazi then I'll believe you

We both know there's nothing I can say that will make you understand that there is no reason to treat vermin like Harper and Poilivre the same as actual people.

10 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

really? following the actual policy debates and legal strategy is "conspiracy" to you?

the tack by the cons (which you can see repeated by supporters in here) is to introduce new laws. They claim its to "protect" women but its just the only legal strategy possible under Canadian law.

If you want to try to minimize people this way, thats your right, but this is the strategy that anyone paying attention to the debate knows is happening. 

I'm poking fun at the way you phrased it. The "anyone paying attention" line is something I've seen frequently from people talking about conspiracies.

I'm sure there are people working with Pierre who would like the law changed/add new laws, but I don't think that'll happen. For you to be confident enough to claim it as matter of fact seems like you've fallen victim to some rage bait.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

We both know there's nothing I can say that will make you understand that there is no reason to treat vermin like Harper and Poilivre the same as actual people.

That's true. Your over the top hyperbole isn't convincing anyone 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No...umm...no.

Mark Carney for Stephen Harper would be a fair trade

Justin Trudeau for Stephen Harper was not 

Edited by bolt

55 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Why do they never respond to this stuff?

Is it because they know it's inarguable based on their positions?

Bottom line is over the past 4 years motions have been brought up a few times.  3 weeks ago even.  MPs are not allowed to speak about it because they were muzzled.  They refused to an MP to applaud anything regarding strengthening laws for the right to choose.

But anything Harper did was in the past and has no bearing at all on today, until it suits the argument to prove a hypothetical point today.

It would be amusing if it wasn't so sad

Same with LGBTQ issues. Can't have the moderates knowing what an abhorrent piece of shit you are until you are in power, amirite. 

• ThereItIs 2

21 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Cool man IMG_9821.thumb.jpeg.909e3af2d58a2cd2b52776ac2170c4dc.jpeg

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I'm poking fun at the way you phrased it. The "anyone paying attention" line is something I've seen frequently from people talking about conspiracies.

I'm sure there are people working with Pierre who would like the law changed/add new laws, but I don't think that'll happen. For you to be confident enough to claim it as matter of fact seems like you've fallen victim to some rage bait.

Nope no rage. Just looking at what the back bench has actually done.

Why is Skippy letting that happen? 

39 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Nope no rage. Just looking at what the back bench has actually done.

Why is Skippy letting that happen? 

At this point it just PP is just doing anything he can to ruffle JT's feathers. 

5 hours ago, Gurn said:

Age ism.

just one of the isms.

Seems to me I see a lot of isms, I'd hoped we had moved past that, but here we are.

The funny thing is that as a boomer I generally defend the 30 somethings yet it’s Ricky calling them lazy with short attention spans.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

The funny thing is that as a boomer I generally defend the 30 somethings yet it’s Ricky calling them lazy with short attention spans.

The thing that struck me was some nonsense about "life experience"....

I'm pretty sure that at 63, I've got twice the life experience as the 30 somethings....

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I think Ricky wants you to find him a phone plan. 

Well, with all this spare time I have, it's tempting....

....but I have a shuffleboard match and then me and the boys are getting together to play Canasta.....

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Well, with all this spare time I have, it's tempting....

....but I have a shuffleboard match and then me and the boys are getting together to play Canasta.....

I had you pegged as the lawn bowling type 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

The thing that struck me was some nonsense about "life experience"....

I'm pretty sure that at 63, I've got twice the life experience as the 30 somethings....

God, I love this. Yea. I could have phrased it better. 

What i meant is your way of living and doing things is nothing like today's generation. While it's normal for your generation to hop on the phone and spend 30 minutes arguing for a better deal or threatening to leave for a different carrier, today's generation isn't even making phone calls. They do things differently then you. So while you may be getting those great savings, the average person just walks in to the Rogers store and asks for the latest iPhone and walks out. It's about convience 

Why the hell do you think Amazon is sooo popular? 

Remember when everyone used to say "buy local" 

Well that shit ain't convient or cheap, so Amazon it is

Edited by Ricky Ravioli