Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

God, I love this. Yea. I could have phrased it better. 

What i meant is your way of living and doing things is nothing like today's generation. While it's normal for your generation to hop on the phone and spend 30 minutes arguing for a better deal or threatening to leave for a different carrier, today's generation isn't even making phone calls. They do things differently then you. So while you may be getting those great savings, the average person just walks in to the Rogers store and asks for the latest iPhone and walks out. It's about convience 

Why the hell do you think Amazon is sooo popular? 

Remember when everyone used to say "buy local" 

Well that shit ain't convient or cheap, so Amazon it is

So don't complain about the cost of things in box stores. I still like to try things on, open fridge doors, measure furniture. If people are that stupid to not bargain for anything, then those folks deserve what they pay for.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

If you are going to talk shit, you could at least @ me...

14 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

That's all you circle jerk losers got. Don't like the conversation, gang up and take pot shots. Shits weak

image.thumb.jpeg.0a54fd09d485eae33553f3be071c8ebb.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

What i meant is your way of living and doing things is nothing like today's generation. While it's normal for your generation to hop on the phone and spend 30 minutes arguing for a better deal or threatening to leave for a different carrier, today's generation isn't even making phone calls. They do things differently then you. So while you may be getting those great savings, the average person just walks in to the Rogers store and asks for the latest iPhone and walks out. It's about convience 

Caveat emptor, you get what you pay for.

5 hours ago, bolt said:

Almost 10 years of a majority under Harper and it was left untouched.  You don't even know you're being gaslight because of the Liberal party is nose-diving in the polls.  They are so desperate to change the narrative.

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Backbenchers aren't even MLA's.  They are as the name implies, sitting in the back.  They can chirp all they want, but nobody is going to listen...

But not really.

Harper wanted nothing to do with the abortion hot potato and made that clear to his caucus. Two months later Canada stood virtually alone among G8 countries in not supporting abortion rights in foreign aid projects in poorer nations after a Liberal blunder allowed the right  to force his hand and he then caved and refused to support abortion rights.  

Sometimes the caucus gets its way.

OTTAWA—For the first time since taking power more than four years ago, Prime Minister Stephen Harper this week openly embraced a solid, social-conservative policy of the right — refusing to have Canada support abortion in foreign-aid projects.

According to Conservative insiders, Harper initially argued at a special caucus meeting on the day of the vote for his party to avoid the ideological trap, and quietly vote in favour of the motion. But the Conservative caucus, which is roughly evenly divided between pro-choice and anti-abortion sentiments, had another idea.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Spring Salmon said:

Openly racist you say.  Wait maybe call him a Nazi then I'll believe you

Explain "old stock Canadians" to me then!

Edited by Johngould21
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

FWIW, I hate talking on the phone. Text and email for me....otherwise fuck it...

In case you were wondering, I work in IT....whenever my kids need help with technology, they don't ask their friends, they ask me.

11 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

so nut up and use the phone, and tell them you want a deal. It's not hard. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

FWIW, I hate talking on the phone. Text and email for me....otherwise fuck it...

In case you were wondering, I work in IT....whenever my kids need help with technology, they don't ask their friends, they ask me.

I'm not even surprised. If it's not on their phone they don't know how to do it these days. Kinda sad 

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So when does pickleball fit in?  Or is that for the whippersnapper young'uns in the 45-59 age bracket?  :classic_ninja:

If I can play while holding a beer in my hand, I'm in....

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

so nut up and use the phone, and tell them you want a deal. It's not hard. 

The whole point is I shouldn't have to do that! Why am I jumping through hoops for a cheaper service? It's obvious they can afford to provide it. But no, they just want to nickle and dime anyone who doesn't either know that's an option or can't be bothered to

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

The whole point is I shouldn't have to do that! Why am I jumping through hoops for a cheaper service? It's obvious they can afford to provide it. But no, they just want to nickle and dime anyone who doesn't either know that's an option or can't be bothered to

you think the government should shop for you? seriously? 

23 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

That's all you circle jerk losers got. Don't like the conversation, gang up and take pot shots. Shits weak

There's today's conservative.

I knew it couldn't be hidden for too long.

Once upon a time, Conservatives just looked and said so what.  Walked the other way.  Confident about who they were and what they believed in.  Now....yup

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

This is 4 pages after being told unions and high wages were causing the issues with productivity and the lack of manufacturing or corporate investment in to Canada.

• Haha 2

Ricky has got me thinking about a new business. Maybe "pick the dishes?" Since U30s apparently want it all done for them, how about a business that just sends them food without them even asking?

Skip the Effort, maybe? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

There's today's conservative.

I knew it couldn't be hidden for too long.

Once upon a time, Conservatives just looked and said so what.  Walked the other way.  Confident about who they were and what they believed in.  Now....yup

And here's today's generalization award.

Don't agree with and opinion. He's a conservative.

Push back on a topic. He's a conservative.

God man. You need better material. You sound like a broken record.

If the entire Trudeau Liberal cabinet resigned they would be back on the menu for me. *As long as they brought new ideas*

Probably don't believe me but I honestly don't care. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Ricky has got me thinking about a new business. Maybe "pick the dishes?" Since U30s apparently want it all done for them, how about a business that just sends them food without them even asking?

Skip the Effort, maybe? 

Why is Skip the dishes so popular these days? Who are the main demo that uses it?

10 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

But not really.

Harper wanted nothing to do with the abortion hot potato and made that clear to his caucus. Two months later Canada stood virtually alone among G8 countries in not supporting abortion rights in foreign aid projects in poorer nations after a Liberal blunder allowed the right  to force his hand and he then caved and refused to support abortion rights.  

Sometimes the caucus gets its way.

OTTAWA—For the first time since taking power more than four years ago, Prime Minister Stephen Harper this week openly embraced a solid, social-conservative policy of the right — refusing to have Canada support abortion in foreign-aid projects.

According to Conservative insiders, Harper initially argued at a special caucus meeting on the day of the vote for his party to avoid the ideological trap, and quietly vote in favour of the motion. But the Conservative caucus, which is roughly evenly divided between pro-choice and anti-abortion sentiments, had another idea.

So let me ask you a question. What is the process to reverse R v Morgantaler?  The Supreme Court or can PP simply do it on his own with party support?  The decision was 5-2 and has never been challenged since. 

Roe v Wade was reversed by Trump’s Supreme Court. Are you suggesting PP is going to stack the court?  

26 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Some of the responses were a little harsh I have to admit but just wait 20 - 30 - 40 years and see how you feel when somebody slags old folks.  You are bound to join in and protect your old turf.

Besides that, I've been following your phone plan complaints with an open mind but I just can't see the merit of your argument.  Looks like others couldn't  either.

• Thanks 1