Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

27 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

The average age of the members who post here is clearly a lot higher then that of the rest of society. So I see why is hard to understand 

Just pretend Poilievre is on the other end of the phone.

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

You seem to have quite the fancy for our pm in waiting. It's a little weird...

Just trying to find a motivation for you to save $50 per month.

Which you could have easily done today btw by not posting here for a bit.

Don't try to feed us bs that you don't have time for this.

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Basically every phone built these days has the battery built in to be water proof and therefore can't be replaced.

Can't be replaced by a user.  They can be replaced just fine by a repair shop with the proper tools.

18 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Show me where you can walk into any of the big 3 and get a new iPhone and walk out paying less than you did 5 years ago. If you can I'll stop. 

Because the argument is phone plans as a whole are cheaper. Not if you can sit on the line for 30 minutes haggling some poor dude who can barely speak English. Or going to some shitty subsidiary of the big 3 and using your 5 year old phone that can't even hold a charge anymore.

If you are factoring in the cost of the device have you considered how much an iphone or samsung cost 5 or 10 years ago compared to today? I understand your point but I don't agree with it. I posted an actual add the last time this came up. It was 45mo unlimited data from rogers. That was unheard of 5-10 years ago. Data plans in general are far cheaper with higher caps. They even suckered my cheap ass into getting one. Still only pay $35 month though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You seriously think people don't get a new phone each time their contract is up? 

I don't. Still rocking a beauty Samsung note ultra from either 2020 or 2021,and I still love it.

This economy must be rocking for you if you buy a new phone every 730 days.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I don't. Still rocking a beauty Samsung note ultra from either 2020 or 2021,and I still love it.

I get a new one every 2 years. Trey are two year old models, but hey it's new to me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

You gotta a back in the day flip Motorola, be honest. 

:classic_tongue:

14 hours ago, Spring Salmon said:

What about it.  That's not the least bit racist.  And good edit. "good stock Canadians". Lol. You don't even know why you're mad

That guy brings back so many memories, all bad.

10 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Alf has a very cool flip open phone just like on Star Trek. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I envy that a cartoon face is enough of an explanation for you. 

I just think he missed a golden opportunity for another blackface image and he forgot to mention the polls.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

You gotta a back in the day flip Motorola, be honest. 

:classic_tongue:

hahaha, but seriously the best phone I ever had was a samsung flip in the Y2K era. My wife and I both got em and she was excited that hers had voice recognition..mine too but it was rudimentary ... so she plugged in all her contacts and i overheard her saying in a bit of a Veruca Salt voice "Call My Mommy" and it dialed her mom. 

Next day I picked up her phone while I was trying to explain that the voice recognition wasn't a safety feature..anyone can mimic her and use her phone... so i said real shmarmy like a spoiled Baby Spice... "Call My Mommmmmieeeeee" and it dialed up my mother in law...I laughed, and she didn't talk to me the rest of the day. Also I had to talk to mom in law for five minutes when she picked up on the first ring..dangit.

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

52 minutes ago, bolt said:

Messenger_creation_5a48ff4a-7e32-44a0-ae72-4683fd24082e.jpeg

I am unsure how to break this to you in an informative way. Wherever you got your chart is lying to you. The data points have been massaged, that is to say moved in most years from 1995 thru, well frankly thru to the final data point. I am looking at the real data comparison between the two from 96 to 2022 and you fell for a dupe. For instance, the gap at the end of the Harper Era was already HUGE before Trudeau was even sworn in. It continued to widen for the one extra year after Harper, before generally narrowing year over year until covid. 
I get why people who hate Trudeau would fall for obvious propaganda, but why do you think the rest of us would? It is a case of either you don't have any critical thinking skills or you knew it was a lie and hoped WE didn't have any critical thinking skills. 

EDIT: Although, I do find it interesting on the real chart: During the subprime mortgage crisis of 2008, the following years data CANADA took a real dump and dropped in real GDP by over 4 times the drop that the USA took. Fast forward to Covid crisis and Canada only dropped by double what the USA dropped. Funny huh, it is almost like the crisis was managed better by the Trudeau Gov than the previous crisis was handled by the Harper Gov. But silly me, I am using critical thinking skills again, which might be unfair. 

lastly: Canada in 2022 had the best real GDP per capita of our entire existence as a nation. Bravo Zulu. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I am unsure how to break this to you in an informative way. Wherever you got your chart is lying to you. The data points have been massaged, that is to say moved in most years from 1995 thru, well frankly thru to the final data point. I am looking at the real data comparison between the two from 96 to 2022 and you fell for a dupe. For instance, the gap at the end of the Harper Era was already HUGE before Trudeau was even sworn in. It continued to widen for the one extra year after Harper, before generally narrowing year over year until covid. 
I get why people who hate Trudeau would fall for obvious propaganda, but why do you think the rest of us would? It is a case of either you don't have any critical thinking skills or you knew it was a lie and hoped WE didn't have any critical thinking skills. 

it doesn't matter, its all been distilled to removing Justin at all costs. They don't care of PP ends up being worse, they just want Justin out. 

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

lastly: Canada in 2022 had the best real GDP per capita of our entire existence as a nation. Bravo Zulu. 

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/federal-government-posts-50-9-billion-deficit-for-2023-24-fiscal-year-1.2079845

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/canadas-economy-grew-at-weaker-than-expected-pace-in-q1-raising-odds-of-june-boc-cut-151213832.html

My bad, the Liberal Government has been so great for the economy.  

Edited by bolt

13 minutes ago, Gurn said:

2:45 vid at link

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/humboldt-broncos-families-shocked-after-province-relaxes-some-truck-licensing-rules/vi-BB1nmkHF?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0995368c63284df6aa882673cbdcc90f&ei=37

"Saskatchewan is allowing foreign workers in agriculture from 40 countries to drive on their home country’s licence for up to a year. 

Just "cutting the red tape".

19 minutes ago, bolt said:

That is kind of my point: YOu could use real facts and figures to make a point against the Liberal Government, no one is perfect and no government has ever been close to perfect, but instead for some reason the rowdy right prefers to spout made up bullshit that they heard or saw in a meme on tiktok while calling it research. 

It undercuts credibility to the extreme, so why now should I even bother to click your links, knowing that the odds are good your just spouting crap you saw somewhere else?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1