Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Don't worry bud.  There is a LOT of overlap.  I mean, P P was out glad handing with the scum who pissed on the tomb of the unknown soldier and desecrated the statue to Terry Fox.  Plenty of overlap there.

What did you think when hamas sympathizers desecrated the statue to Terry Fox? Are you now offended when you see a Canadian flag?

Edited by bolt

1 minute ago, bolt said:

What did you think when hamas sympathizers desecrated the statue to Terry Fox? Are you now offended when you see a Canadian flag?

I also oppose Hamas supporters doing this.  I sure as hell ain't happy to see Canadian flags on cars anymore.

6 minutes ago, bolt said:

Did JT go out and shake hands with them?  If you want to label pro-Palestine as pro-Hamas that's fine.  The people who desecrated that statue are similar in my books.

So again, did JT go out and shake hands with them?

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, bolt said:

Let us know when Trudeau or Singh go out, walk hand in hand with them.  Supporting them.  Giving them coffee and donuts and tell the world they are sticking up for the rest of Canada and that they are proud of them.

The comparison isn't fair until Trudeau or Singh does this...a couple of times

37 minutes ago, bolt said:

Foreign collusion, corruption, and incompetence.  9 years of failure yet that's good enough to win the support of Bob.

Uh huh.

So why hasn't Skippy got his clearance? Doesn't he care who's in his party that might be traitors?

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Uh huh.

So why hasn't Skippy got his clearance? Doesn't he care who's in his party that might be traitors?

So nice of Trudeau protecting skippy's traitors right? Weak and incompetent PM.

Edited by bolt

26 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Because foreign nations know full well that governments change hands frequently.  Playing the long game is something a nation like China does very very well.  See the B.R.I. and how over a decade later nations are finding out how Chinese assistance is costing them

We do?  That's interesting.  Care to share your sources or?

He wouldn't have to ask if he actually got his security clearance would he?  

That guy IS wasting taxpayers money.  You sit here with the fucking irony and stones to make your final statement yet applaud some fucking douchebag for calling in to what is supposed to be an important line for law enforcement and don't see why it's so bad?  Politicians waste money.  ALL of them.  Skippy has been campaigning on the taxpayer dole for over a year now.  MPs regularly fudge their travel numbers to be able to travel with their families.  The Libs waste tens of millions on an app, the former cons wasted tens of millions on gazebos and fake lakes.  This isn't new.

but to sit there and applaud this fuckwit for doing what he did would be like being ok with someone calling 911 to complain that the pizza delivery guy didn't give them a soda missed on their order.  It isn't cool, it isn't funny and the level of acceptance for shitty behaviour because of partisan idiocy is a bit much

Calling 911 is an emergency. Calling crime stoppers tip line is certainly not. How you can even compare the two is ridiculous. 

The fact that some dude calling a crime stoppers tip line to advise them of potential treason in our government has you this enraged tells me everything I need to know about your priorities. Where was all this rage when the current government was proven to waste millions of our tax dollars?  I didn’t see you with this amount of rage when you found out hair boy spent $60 million on an app that cost $80k. 

• Huggy Bear 1

30 minutes ago, bolt said:

I'm against Hamas sympathizers desecrating statues that have nothing to even do with the conflict.

I'm not offended when I see a Canadian flag but I get disappointed when it's used for malicious intent such as the anti covid restriction rallies.

I think both examples you provided are of the same ilk.

Edited by The Lock

30 minutes ago, bolt said:

About the same way I did when the convoy dudes did the same thing (or danced on the war memorial).

Easy to find instances of people doing dumb stuff.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why not?  Is putting a Canadian flag on your car considered racist now?  

The chances of the person putting it on their card being an absolute piece of shit are a lot more higher than they were in 2019.

Edited by King Heffy

Why not?  Is putting a Canadian flag on your car considered racist now?  

Okay, he said he isn't happy to see the Canadian flag on a car.

And now YOU are escalating it to being racist. Not him, you.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

The chances of the person putting it on the being an absolute piece of shit are a lot more higher than they were in 2019.

Anyone with a different opinion than yourself is now a "piece of shit"

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Anyone with a different opinion than yourself is now a "piece of shit"

No, just those who support domestic terrorism as far as this is concerned.

Edited by King Heffy

Just now, King Heffy said:

The chances of the person putting it on the being an absolute piece of shit are a lot more higher than they were in 2019.

Doesn’t matter. Any person living in Canada is allowed to put a Canadian flag wherever they want without being called a racist or piece of shit. The flag itself is sacred. People died for that flag. People died so you could have the life you have now. 

Sick and tired of people disrespecting the Canadian flag and trying to align it with white supremacy or racist behaviour. 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No, just those who support domestic terrorism as far as this is concerned.

"Having a Canadian flag is a sign of being a domestic terrorist" Do you know how ridicilous that sounds.

Edited by bolt

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Okay, he said he isn't happy to see the Canadian flag on a car.

And now YOU are escalating it to being racist. Not him, you.

Why would someone be unhappy to see a Canadian flag on a car?  The sacred flag of freedom. Can you explain that?  

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Sick and tired of people disrespecting the Canadian flag and trying to align it with white supremacy or racist behaviour. 

Well blame the convoy for that, because they're the ones who caused this in the first place.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Lock said:

Well blame the convoy for that, because they're the ones who caused this in the first place.

I don’t need to blame anybody. Just because a few people used the Canadian flag in a disrespectful manner doesn’t mean the flag itself is now some symbol of hatred. Why does this seem so complicated for you to understand?  I’m genuinely confused. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Why would someone be unhappy to see a Canadian flag on a car?  The sacred flag of freedom. Can you explain that?  

Because people abused that flag for their own ideologies. How would you feel about the flag if it became a symbol used by Hamas loyalists when they destroyed the Terry Fox statue? Wouldn't you be at least a little disappointed?

Now, care to explain how it's racist?

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Doesn’t matter. Any person living in Canada is allowed to put a Canadian flag wherever they want without being called a racist or piece of shit. The flag itself is sacred. People died for that flag. People died so you could have the life you have now. 

Agreed, I'm sick of the Klown Kar Konvoy trying to co-opt the flag.

I don’t need to blame anybody. Just because a few people used the Canadian flag in a disrespectful manner doesn’t mean the flag itself is now some symbol of hatred. Why does this seem so complicated for you to understand?  I’m genuinely confused. 

I'm going to refer you to my latest reply to you and I want you to seriously think about how you would feel if Hamas loyalists used the Canadian flag as their symbol.