Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, The Lock said:

I'm going to refer you to my latest reply to you and I want you to seriously think about how you would feel if Hamas loyalists used the Canadian flag as their symbol.

That’s a redundant question and it’s never happened so I don’t need to answer a hypothetical. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

That’s a redundant question and it’s never happened so I don’t need to answer a hypothetical. 

Hypothetical or not, answer the question.

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Because people abused that flag for their own ideologies. How would you feel about the flag if it became a symbol used by Hamas loyalists when they destroyed the Terry Fox statue? Wouldn't you be at least a little disappointed?

Now, care to explain how it's racist?

Ideologies?  What ideology was there of people flying a Canadian flag protesting the lockdowns?  Do you even know the reason why they did it?

Ideologies?  What ideology was there of people flying a Canadian flag protesting the lockdowns?  Do you even know the reason why they did it?

You're dodging my question. How would you feel about the flag if it became a symbol used by Hamas loyalists when they destroyed the Terry Fox statue?

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Calling 911 is an emergency. Calling crime stoppers tip line is certainly not. How you can even compare the two is ridiculous. 

The fact that some dude calling a crime stoppers tip line to advise them of potential treason in our government has you this enraged tells me everything I need to know about your priorities. Where was all this rage when the current government was proven to waste millions of our tax dollars?  I didn’t see you with this amount of rage when you found out hair boy spent $60 million on an app that cost $80k. 

He says ignoring every other aspect of that post.

Calling in to a government line, wasting government employees times and by extension us taxpayers' $ for a cheap political jab is ridiculous.  You jumped to the most visible extreme while ignoring everything else again so why am I shocked

10 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm going to refer you to my latest reply to you and I want you to seriously think about how you would feel if Hamas loyalists used the Canadian flag as their symbol.

Edited by bolt

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Doesn’t matter. Any person living in Canada is allowed to put a Canadian flag wherever they want without being called a racist or piece of shit. The flag itself is sacred. People died for that flag. People died so you could have the life you have now. 

Sick and tired of people disrespecting the Canadian flag and trying to align it with white supremacy or racist behaviour. 

Oh so now if I don't respect the Canadian flag I am lower than a white supremacist or a racist ?

See what I did there Petey?  Sounds a lot like something you'd jump to conclusions with doesn't it?

I don’t need to answer a stupid question. 

You're only dodging because you know what your answer is going to be and you don't want to show it.

How would you feel about the flag if it became a symbol used by Hamas loyalists when they destroyed the Terry Fox statue?

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, bolt said:

Comparing those who support anti-semite barbarians who raped and murdered to those who don't agree with coerced injections?

You only show yourself as being a hypocrite if you don't think both are at least similar in nature.

15 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why would someone be unhappy to see a Canadian flag on a car?  The sacred flag of freedom. Can you explain that?  

I mean....

image.png.f0bbd624e91e7e519f50550addd7f129.png

image.thumb.png.78b2680339e51433cfe7789c65b081f8.png

image.png.7dd7442cf28e202af914c347d0ee54a8.png

No reason

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

You're only dodging because you know what your answer is going to be and you don't want to show it.

How would you feel about the flag if it became a symbol used by Hamas loyalists when they destroyed the Terry Fox statue?

You are literally comparing terrorists to people protesting lockdowns. Do you even understand what you are saying? 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

You are literally comparing terrorists to people protest lockdowns. Do you even understand what you are saying? 

Fully and I fully believe they are similar.

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Funny.

because you've made statements about people protesting FOR Palestinians to be removed from the nation which goes directly against what the people who died for that flag fought for.

So now you hate what the dead veterans gave for Canadians to have that freedom?

So you hate freedom and veterans now

Kind of enjoying letting my inner Petey out here.  Being able to jump to ridiculous conclusions is fun

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

You are literally comparing terrorists to people protest lockdowns. Do you even understand what you are saying? 

The occupation of Ottawa and armed closure of international borders were both acts of domestic terrorism.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He says ignoring every other aspect of that post.

Calling in to a government line, wasting government employees times and by extension us taxpayers' $ for a cheap political jab is ridiculous.  You jumped to the most visible extreme while ignoring everything else again so why am I shocked

The Trudeau government are experts at cheap political jabs. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The occupation of Ottawa and armed closure of international borders were both acts of domestic terrorism.

Are you accusing the Government itself of terrorism?

Is every protest and strike now an occupation?

Edited by bolt

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

lol

Just saying

Terrorism Defined:

nounterrorism
  1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

If we like a lil bit of irony here since you like defending people waving flags but don't like the flag being used to support terrorism and think that the comparison of terrorists doesn't apply

And then Canada Unity, another of the organizers, posted a ludicrous Memorandum of Understanding/Manifesto on its website, which it plans to present to the Governor General of Canada. It essentially calls for the resignation of everyone within the federal government, the formation of a new government comprised of the Governor General, Senate, and members of Canada Unity, and the removal of all Covid-related measures – even those put into place at the provincial level. The trucks will remain until the document is signed, organizers said, dubbing its mission Bearhug.
Edited by Warhippy

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Funny.

because you've made statements about people protesting FOR Palestinians to be removed from the nation which goes directly against what the people who died for that flag fought for.

So now you hate what the dead veterans gave for Canadians to have that freedom?

So you hate freedom and veterans now

Kind of enjoying letting my inner Petey out here.  Being able to jump to ridiculous conclusions is fun

Only if they are not actually Canadian citizens. Which is totally legit and within our laws and constitution. Do you have an issue with the courts not following our laws? 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

lol

Just saying

Terrorism Defined:

nounterrorism
  1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

If we like a lil bit of irony here since you like defending people waving flags but don't like the flag being used to support terrorism and think that the comparison of terrorists doesn't apply

And then Canada Unity, another of the organizers, posted a ludicrous Memorandum of Understanding/Manifesto on its website, which it plans to present to the Governor General of Canada. It essentially calls for the resignation of everyone within the federal government, the formation of a new government comprised of the Governor General, Senate, and members of Canada Unity, and the removal of all Covid-related measures – even those put into place at the provincial level. The trucks will remain until the document is signed, organizers said, dubbing its mission Bearhug.

Lol wow 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Only if they are not actually Canadian citizens. Which is totally legit and within our laws and constitution. Do you have an issue with the courts not following our laws? 

Oh only IF they are not.  Gotcha. 

You think everyone who isn't a Canadian is a terrorist.  

That's a pretty gross thig to believe Petey.  I thought better of you

Edited by Warhippy