Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Every time that poster uses that word, I'm going to respond in kind 🤷

You can either ignore my posts, or maybe also put pressure in Poilivre to cut out his assault on the rights of minorities in Canada as outlined by warhippy.   There's no reason to understate just how much damage Poilivre wants to do to the country 

3 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Every time that poster uses that word, I'm going to respond in kind 🤷

hey Ricky, maybe you can explain to me why PP won't find out for himself who the traitors in his party are. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

Not comparing to 1940s, but let's not pretend there aren't similarities with the bigotry and blaming immigrants to the 1930s.  Poilivre can fix this himself by conducting himself like a civilized person and not trying to inflict his barbaric beliefs on others.

But only the Nazis were Nazis.    Plenty of other terms are applicable but Nazi is not one of them.  Get thee to a thesaurus Heffy and the rest of us will take less unwarranted flack. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

hey Ricky, maybe you can explain to me why PP won't find out for himself who the traitors in his party are. 

Hey Bob, why did every liberal with a vote, vote against looking into foreign interference? 

Just now, Satchmo said:

But only the Nazis were Nazis.    Plenty of other terms are applicable but Nazi is not one of them.  Get thee to a thesaurus Heffy and the rest of us will take less unwarranted flack. 

Would you prefer neo-Nazis?  Literally anything else is treating Poilivre and his base with too much respect.

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Hey Bob, why did every liberal with a vote, vote against looking into foreign interference? 

I don't know. I know that they are working on a bill right now that all parties seem to want to pass.

Now you answer my question, why won't PP look into his own party? its really odd. 

How dare you assume my gender. That's bigot think

"Dear" is gender specific? Or do you just prefer not to have a gender? I mean, if you're non-binary I'll respect that.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I don't know. I know that they are working on a bill right now that all parties seem to want to pass.

Now you answer my question, why won't PP look into his own party? its really odd. 

Because he is the opposition. Why dig your own grave when the liberal party seem pretty content on doing it themselves. The liberal party has a chance here to make PP look dumb if there's a bunch of conservative MPs on the list. Don't you think they would want to take advantage of that if they could?

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

"Dear" is gender specific? Or do you just prefer not to have a gender? I mean, if you're non-binary I'll respect that.

Did he say "dear John" or "of course you are dear" One is clearly meant towards a certain gender one is not

• Confused 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Would you prefer neo-Nazis?  Literally anything else is treating Poilivre and his base with too much respect.

Yes, to be honest I would though I'm not sure it really fits either.   (Please don't take that as a defense of Poilievre's policies.)

Did he say "dear John" or "of course you are dear" One is clearly meant towards a certain gender one is not

And you seemed offended by the one that isn't meant towards a certain gender. lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1

I'll tell literally every 50something year old server I've ever encountered at a greasy spoon that they're being sexist.

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 2

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

I'm offended at the lack of reading comprehension going on here more than anything 

Well, "Dear John" Is directed at someone named John. John is generally a male name.

Calling you "dear" is a general term that's not gender specific. For example, there are many husband and wife couples where they will both call each other "dear".

So if you're offended at the lack of reading comprehension, I'm sorry that you're offending yourself.

• Thanks 2
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

And you seemed offended by the one that isn't meant towards a certain gender. lol

I'm so glad we've moved on and are now talking about the really important stuff.  🙂

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Because he is the opposition. Why dig your own grave when the liberal party seem pretty content on doing it themselves. The liberal party has a chance here to make PP look dumb if there's a bunch of conservative MPs on the list. Don't you think they would want to take advantage of that if they could?

Really? You're OK with PP playing political games with treason?

Come on man, I know you hate Justy, but PP is just as bad if he's not willing to root out a traitor out of the CPC. I don't know how you can excuse that, and still go after Trudeau the way you do. 

All PP has to do is get his clearance, and read the report. he'd look like a responsible PM in waiting if he acted like a leader. 

Edited by Bob Long