Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

So Elizabeth May reads the un-redacted report, says good news, there was no list of names, then proceeds to tell us there was an MP who was sharing information with a foreign Government, and there are politicians who benefited from foreign interference in their elections.

She's a politician not exactly trust worthy 

Edited by bolt
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Lady had a stroke- but let's make fun of her speech issues; that's sure to win some votes.

Fucking disgusting, what some people will post.

Absolutely fucking disgusting.

Yeah, I didn't comment on the "drinking" post, but I was a bit surprised there wasn't more pushback....

4 minutes ago, bolt said:

So Elizabeth May reads the un-redacted report, says good news, there was no list of names, then proceeds to tell us there was an MP who was sharing information with a foreign Government, and there are politicians who benefited from foreign interference in their elections.

That was part of the public report.

Not a sitting MP. 

And she still wants action againts the fromer MP, charged and fully prosecuted.

What more do you want from her? do you think she is lying?

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Can someone contact Lorrie and find out the truth about all this stuff May said?

Also, can anyone tell me what reasons PP has for not wanting security clearance?

I swear, sometimes I think this guy is trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

He's too busy keeping us safe from terrorist attacks on the Rainbow Bridge. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Not a sitting MP. 

He wants what the rest of the "Fuck Trudeau" crowd want....

....he wants to see a bunch of Liberal MPs frog-marched out of the House and brought up on charges of treason....

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, RupertKBD said:

....he wants to see a bunch of Liberal MPs frog-marched out of the House and brought up on charges of treason....

Yeah I saw the TREASON! posts.

The hate boners didnt seem to get the satisfaction they hoped for.

Their balls are now the same shade of conservative blue.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Now do 2005 to 2015 please. I don't have the data you have been looking at or i would do it. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: from a simple google search of the question:

So 125 % increase under the CONS federally and then a 65% increase under Trudeau :BUT ITS ALL TRUDEAU's FAULT, i am laughing my ass off over here.

Again you can't make this stuff up. You are literally mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore...at what Harper did. a decade later. 

Why do we need to do Harper?  Were people paying $8400 per month for their mortgage payments under Harper?  

Do you think other people who can’t even afford to eat right now are laughing like you?  

2 hours ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

You realize that prior to the 80's, when voodoo economics took over CONservative brains, that the elites and corporations paid more in taxes right?  America went to the moon and fought a war during that time.

You do realize they up until 1917 nobody actually paid income taxes right?  It was supposed to be implemented temporarily to fund the war. Of course it stuck around like every other supposed temporary tax. 

Times change. Trying to justify higher taxes because of government incompetence is a pretty shitty way to live. 

31 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah, I didn't comment on the "drinking" post, but I was a bit surprised there wasn't more pushback....

I likely would have gotten a time-out from the mods if I said what I would have liked to there.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Was she drunk when she read it?

42 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Lady had a stroke- but let's make fun of her speech issues; that's sure to win some votes.

Just wanted to be sure you saw this one Petey.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You do realize they up until 1917 nobody actually paid income taxes right?  It was supposed to be implemented temporarily to fund the war. Of course it stuck around like every other supposed temporary tax. 

Times change. Trying to justify higher taxes because of government incompetence is a pretty shitty way to live. 

Defending people who already have their needs met, whose wealth far exceeds those of the average Jane and Joe is a pretty shitty way to live as well.  

The tax burden has shifted towards the middle/lower classes since voodoo economics took over the CONs brains.  Advocating for this to be corrected is not shitty.

And YES I am very aware that income taxes came in as a temporary tax measure during WW1.  I just don't think that taxation is theft.  I have a feeling that you are in that crew, or are adjacent to that crew.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You are quite entitled to your opinion on government competence but you just countered DOW's statement with 3 unrelated statements.

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

With no regard to the greater than 0 chance of getting hoisted by their own petards if it ends up being conservative MP's. Just keep on throwing shit against the wall and hope it sticks. Waiting for the facts before forming an opinion be damned. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

56 minutes ago, bolt said:

You know, you don't have to agree with Skippy 100% of the time.

12 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

With no regard to the greater than 0 chance of getting hoisted by their own petards if it ends up being conservative MP's. Just keep on throwing shit against the wall and hope it sticks. Waiting for the facts before forming an opinion be damned. 

Fun fact, throwing crap is free.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

She's recovering from a stroke. Maybe do your homework.

Mocking someone for their physical and medical issues is what Trump does. Just another example of the disgusting US MAGA morans and their behaviours infecting Canadians. We need a vaccine for that infection! 

• ThereItIs 1

58 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Not a sitting MP. 

It's hilarious when they are exposed for what they are. People should be relieved that Liz shared this info and on whole our democracy is safe.

But nope, some just want libs owned and are disappointed. F'n pathetic.

Maybe this is why little PP won't get his clearance, the truth hurts him.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Just wanted to be sure you saw this one Petey.

You guys literally post stuff in the US thread that’s 10x times worse, but suddenly you all have a moral compass when it comes to Canadian politicians, so long as they are the ones you like right?  

Edited by Elias Pettersson

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

You guys literally post stuff in the US thread that’s 10x times worse, but suddenly you all have a moral compass when it comes to Canadian politicians, so long as they are the ones you like right?  

I'm not that fond of May.  Neither do I really consider myself one of 'you guys' or 'those guys' or anyone but me.  

She had a stroke.  Making fun of that will get called out.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Maybe call out the guy who calls everyone he doesn’t like a Nazi and then I’ll take you guys more seriously. 

I did so (diplomatically) just yesterday.   He responded with understanding and consideration. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why do we need to do Harper?  Were people paying $8400 per month for their mortgage payments under Harper?  

Do you think other people who can’t even afford to eat right now are laughing like you?  

Price increase During Harper Gov: 125%

Price increase during Trudeau Gov: 64%

Am i not allowed to 'do' comparisons for the sake of bringing some reality to the discussion? And you know perfectly well I am laughing at the talking point of the guy I was replying to, not laughing at hungry people. but you do you man, you are good at it. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

Defending people who already have their needs met, whose wealth far exceeds those of the average Jane and Joe is a pretty shitty way to live as well.  

The tax burden has shifted towards the middle/lower classes since voodoo economics took over the CONs brains.  Advocating for this to be corrected is not shitty.

And YES I am very aware that income taxes came in as a temporary tax measure during WW1.  I just don't think that taxation is theft.  I have a feeling that you are in that crew, or are adjacent to that crew.

You do realize that the government controls the CRA right?  So why doesn’t the government change the rules?  I’ll tell you why. Because politicians are just as greasy as the rich. As a matter of fact the guy running the country is worth close to $100 million. And the guy running the opposition party is worth $25 million. 

So neither one is going to benefit from higher taxes. So you won’t be seeing any major tax reforms anytime soon regardless. 

How much of a dent do you think the increase in capital gains will make to the bottom line?  Almost zero. It’s just a way for the Liberals to show they are for the people. Which is totally false. And nobody believes them anymore anyways. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • chaos 1