Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

There's a difference between being "stupid" and lacking wisdom.....

Guess that wasn't in the "notes"....

You didn't say lacking. You said "people who have neither" 

You are a hypocrite. Just own it.

1 minute ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You didn't say lacking. You said "people who have neither" 

You are a hypocrite. Just own it.

That's what "lacking" means. "not having".....:picard:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Oil refiners raise quality concerns over TMX pipeline shipments

Recent $34 billion expansion tripled amount of crude that can be shipped from B.C. to U.S. customers

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/trans-mountain-expansion-quality-issues-1.7232750

Bullshit, the US just doesn't want us to become a bigger player.

• Cheers 2

20 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We’ve had our heated moments Bob. You even put me on ignore for awhile. During that whole time did I ever attack you personally?  I never did. I know I didn’t because I’ve never attacked anyone personally on CDC or CFF. That’s why I have a clean record. Attack the post. Not the poster. Look back at the last few pages and see if I ever attacked anyone personally. Then look at all the vitriol thrown my way. You are intelligent enough to figure it out Bob. I know you are. 

I don't believe you did get personal, I certainly can't recall it if it did happen.

I put you on ignore more for my sake, as sometimes it's hard for me to play nice with people of strong faith.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Bullshit, the US just doesn't want us to become a bigger player.

People forget how much actual money that US producers and the US government spent curtailing the NEP between 1979 and 1984.  Hundreds of millions in advertisements and campaigning against Canada having a nationalized energy platform.

Of course they don't want Canada making bank off of their own resources because our oil has only had 1 customer since the 80s.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Why don't you just own that you don't understand the English language?

You are a hypocrite.

Don't cry about people taking shots at others if you are just going to do the same. Makes you look like a chump

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

You are a hypocrite.

Don't cry about people taking shots at others if you are just going to do the same. Makes you look like a chump

I'm not sure why you're so eager to be called stupid, (so you can play the martyr, I suppose :classic_unsure:) but in this case that isn't what happened.

Someone who possessed wisdom (and a decent vocabulary) would understand this.

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm not sure why you're so eager to be called stupid, (so you can play the martyr, I suppose :classic_unsure:) but in this case that isn't what happened.

Someone who possessed wisdom (and a decent vocabulary) would understand this.

Have you ever implied to anyone that they "lack" wisdom and took it as a compliment?

Don't be ignorant. And don't get mad at people for taking shots when you have no problem doing it yourself 

Have you ever implied to anyone that they "lack" wisdom and took it as a compliment?

Don't be ignorant. And don't get mad at people for taking shots when you have no problem doing it yourself 

It wasn't supposed to be a compliment....but it also wasn't calling anyone "stupid".  It was a reference to someone making a blanket statement related to age, which I responded to in a matter of fact manner.

But hey, far be it from me to keep you from your little pout fest here. By all means carry on with the whingeing. I'm sure you're garnering a ton of sympathy....

5 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

It wasn't supposed to be a compliment....but it also wasn't calling anyone "stupid".  It was a reference to someone making a blanket statement related to age, which I responded to in a matter of fact manner.

But hey, far be it from me to keep you from your little pout fest here. By all means carry on with the whingeing. I'm sure you're garnering a ton of sympathy....

Look you can keep trying to deflect by getting hung up on words, but the fact remains the same.

You are a hypocrite.

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

People forget how much actual money that US producers and the US government spent curtailing the NEP between 1979 and 1984.  Hundreds of millions in advertisements and campaigning against Canada having a nationalized energy platform.

Of course they don't want Canada making bank off of their own resources because our oil has only had 1 customer since the 80s.

That's it. Unfortunately there are a lot of Canadians that are just fine with that.

7 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Look you can keep trying to deflect by getting hung up on words, but the fact remains the same.

You are a hypocrite.

I'm not hung up on anything....merely pointing out your lack of understanding.

Meanwhile, here you are whining about being called a name, whilst calling me a hypocrite over and over.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm not hung up on anything....merely pointing out your lack of understanding.

Meanwhile, here you are whining about being called a name, whilst calling me a hypocrite over and over.

You are a hypocrite.

Don't get mad at people for making jokes at people's expense, then turn around and do the same. It's how you get the title of hypocrite. 

2 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

You are a hypocrite.

Don't get mad at people for making jokes at people's expense, then turn around and do the same. It's how you get the title of hypocrite. 

I didn't get mad at anyone. Not sure where you're getting that from.

BTW, for someone who's doing so much complaining about insulting someone, you sure use a lot of insults yourself. Just this page alone, it's 5 "hypocrites", 1 "ignorant" and 1 "chump".

But I'm the one who's calling people names? :classic_huh:

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

I didn't get mad at anyone. Not sure where you're getting that from.

BTW, for someone who's doing so much complaining about insulting someone, you sure use a lot of insults yourself. Just this page alone, it's 5 "hypocrites", 1 "ignorant" and 1 "chump".

But I'm the one who's calling people names? :classic_huh:

Here we go with more deflecting.

Calling you a hypocrite is not an insult. Especially when you are demonstrating hypocrisy.

Nor is saying "don't be ignorant" 

"Makes you look like a chump" is the closest you got. And that was in reference to your hypocrisy not you as a person.

So no, I have not called anyone names and this is a weak deflection 

Here we go with more deflecting.

Calling you a hypocrite is not an insult. Especially when you are demonstrating hypocrisy.

Nor is saying "don't be ignorant" 

"Makes you look like a chump" is the closest you got. And that was in reference to your hypocrisy not you as a person.

So no, I have not called anyone names and this is a weak deflection 

Again, you appear to have a tenuous grasp of the English language....:classic_laugh:

Anyway, you seem determined to be the victim here, so I won't stand in your way.....carry on....

4 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Again, you appear to have a tenuous grasp of the English language....:classic_laugh:

Anyway, you seem determined to be the victim here, so I won't stand in your way.....carry on....

If that's what helps you sleep at night 🤷

Good chat. Let's do this again sometime 🍻