Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Bob Long said:

lots of things make sense that aren't the best decision. He's looking out for himself first. You can't deny that. 

He's choosing to not know the details of once of the more important files to come along in years, and you love him for it 😆

Looking at the report hasn't really benefited the other leaders, so I don't think it will affect him much.

I don't love any politician. My disdain for Trudeau is just higher than the others 

Just now, Ricky Ravioli said:

Looking at the report hasn't really benefited the other leaders, so I don't think it will affect him much.

I don't love any politician. My disdain for Trudeau is just higher than the others 

are you kidding? Liz and Jag have provided us with a great deal of info on this, and will be able to actually assist in creating sensible new law based on their knowledge.

Skippy? out for himself first. He won't have the full scope of knowledge needed to make the best law possible. 

Sorry Ricky, sometimes you need to call things for what they are, you defending this is pretty sad. 

Skippy doesn't want to answer questions about his own party being influenced. This is they guy you want leading Canada?

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

its 100% the reason, Jag alluded to it. 

Skippy's leadership run was likely compromised by China. Kind of blows his whole "China loves Justin" rant.

It's so pathetic, his party, AND his country, is under attack and he wants to hide from it. He's not a real leader. 

Just because he doesnt read it, doesnt mean others cant read it, so why does it matter? I thought the the play was to wait for the investigation to end and the legal system to do its thing. I would assume many leadership runs were compromised in some way, more will come out.    

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

are you kidding? Liz and Jag have provided us with a great deal of info on this, and will be able to actually assist in creating sensible new law based on their knowledge.

They both had very conflicting takes on the report though. 

Singh's statements on the report were very different from those Green Party Leader Elizabeth May gave earlier this week after reading the unredacted report.

During a news conference Tuesday, May said she doesn't believe any of her House of Commons colleagues knowingly betrayed their country.

"I am very comfortable sitting with my colleagues," she said.

"Are there currently MPs sitting with us in the chamber who would set out knowingly to sell out Canada for personal benefit? If there are, there's no evidence of that in the full report."

Edited by Bure_Pavel

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Just because he doesnt read it, doesnt mean others cant read it, so why does it matter? I thought the the play was to wait for the investigation to end and the legal system to do its thing. I would assume many leadership runs were compromised in some way, more will come out.    

be honest, if it were Trudeau refusing to read it would you say the same thing?

5 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

They both had very conflicting takes on the report though. 

Singh's statements on the report were very different from those Green Party Leader Elizabeth May gave earlier this week after reading the unredacted report.

During a news conference Tuesday, May said she doesn't believe any of her House of Commons colleagues knowingly betrayed their country.

"I am very comfortable sitting with my colleagues," she said.

"Are there currently MPs sitting with us in the chamber who would set out knowingly to sell out Canada for personal benefit? If there are, there's no evidence of that in the full report."

actually its not in conflict. 

Skippy's leadership could have been compromised without his direct participation. 

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He can't read it.  He does not have the security clearance he could easily obtain.  Bloc leader Blanchet was the only other party leader holding out but he is now getting his clearance just to read the report.

We are all entitled to our opinions.  My opinion is that PP has refused (for well over a year now) to get security clearance just because he likes to raise shit and be seen as counter to Parliament business as usual.   He will drain the swamp I'm told.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

He can't read it.  He does not have the security clearance he could easily obtain.  Bloc leader Blanchet was the only other party leader holding out but he is now getting his clearance just to read the report.

We are all entitled to our opinions.  My opinion is that PP has refused (for well over a year now) to get security clearance just because he likes to raise shit and be seen as counter to Parliament business as usual.   He will drain the swamp I'm told.

I think it could be far more serious. Jag alluded to "leadership" pretty strongly. 

Makes me wonder if China made sure Skippy got the win. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think it could be far more serious. Jag alluded to "leadership" pretty strongly. 

Well anything is possible but I think if the report alluded to that on the part of either PP or JT we'd hear more shouts than rumblings from Jag.

36 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Skippy? out for himself first. He won't have the full scope of knowledge needed to make the best law possible. 

Sorry Ricky, sometimes you need to call things for what they are, you defending this is pretty sad. 

Skippy doesn't want to answer questions about his own party being influenced. This is they guy you want leading Canada?

Both of them contradicted each other, so I'm not even sure how you get to that conclusion 

I don't think there's much of a need to defend anything.

I think I'll take Tom Mulcairs opinion on the matter over yours

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Why didn't Elizabeth May do the same?

23 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Seems to me Trudeau is much more tied to China bro

Wow just wow

1 hour ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

Tom Mulcair explains why PP won't read report. 

https://youtu.be/27fVCW8JVdU?si=bLSUipeVPcAilsmC

Mulclair makes perfect sense. Also, May should have never given us her “opinion”. Because that’s all it was. She’s not a lawyer or a judge and she contradicted herself about the names, or lack of names, in the report. 

As Mulclair stated, a judge should be the one reading the report and giving us answers. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Do you even lift bro? 

its good to stay grounded in truth and reality

the sooner you realize your news sources are lies the better

try going to X / twitter and following people you may not agree with and perhaps you'll learn the truth of alot of the problems with the canadian govt and trudeau in particular

a properly informed electorate is a key to a healthy democracy

pravda was not good for democracy

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Yes that is the play. Several pages ago

everyone seemed to be in agreement. Now all of a sudden PP is in big trouble cause his party is hiding all

the bad news. 

Elizabeth May said there was no list of names. She then went on to say there were people involved. She literally contradicted herself. 

As Mulclair stated, an actual judge needs to read an interpret the report, not some member of Parliament. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

She did.

“I can say I have no worries about anyone in the House of Commons,” May told reporters Tuesday.

“Having read the full unredacted National Security Intelligence Committee of Parliamentarians report for myself … I am vastly relieved,” May said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10560197/green-leader-nsicop-report-names-parliamentarians/

This is a fairly different view than that of Mr Singh 

39 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If your only hope of getting PP is by way of Jagmeet Singh, then you will sadly be very disappointed…

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ricky Ravioli said:

“I can say I have no worries about anyone in the House of Commons,” May told reporters Tuesday.

“Having read the full unredacted National Security Intelligence Committee of Parliamentarians report for myself … I am vastly relieved,” May said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10560197/green-leader-nsicop-report-names-parliamentarians/

This is a fairly different view than that of Mr Singh 

that was in regard to direct involvement. PP won by China helping him with bulk ballots, allegedly. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If your only hope of getting PP is by way of Jagmeet Singh, then you will sadly be very disappointed…

Well, CPC supporters do know a lot about Jag causing them disappointment 

• ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

its good to stay grounded in truth and reality

the sooner you realize your news sources are lies the better

try going to X / twitter and following people you may not agree with and perhaps you'll learn the truth of alot of the problems with the canadian govt and trudeau in particular

a properly informed electorate is a key to a healthy democracy

pravda was not good for democracy

Hey clam 

• Wiener 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes that is the play. Several pages ago

everyone seemed to be in agreement. Now all of a sudden PP is in big trouble cause his party is hiding all

the bad news. 

Elizabeth May said there was no list of names. She then went on to say there were people involved. She literally contradicted herself. 

As Mulclair stated, an actual judge needs to read an interpret the report, not some member of Parliament. 

I guess it needs to be pointed out to you.

Poilievre can't have an informed opinion on this issue. Anything he says is pure speculation.

• Wiener 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hey clam 

What does clam mean?

And whatever it means, I take it you're trying to insult me for suggesting you look beyond your biases. On PP and this issue of the election interference report.

As an example, are you aware of who Tom Muclair is? I hope so. He was the leader of the NDP. Perhaps to read what he said about PP decision not to read the report and why. I am sure your echo chamber of Pravda "journalism" isn't telling you about that.

Moreover,

Do you ever concern yourself with all the Liberal scandals with our tax dollars?

Arrivescam?

The news today that the Carbon Tax will cost Canada 20-30bn annually in GDP, working out to 2k per household, despite the liberal claim 80% of people make money from a tax! LOL (tell me you don't understand economics without telling me hahah)...and that Guibault hid this from the Canadian public despite telling people the make more money than they pay in tax? Lol, anyone who pays a gas bill, and understands how inflation works knew that was a lie day one. Oh and taxing canadians doesn't change global temperatures. Moreover c02 is pumped into greenhouses, because, its plant food.

That the Auditor General has announced that Directors at Trudeau's Green Slush Fund broke the law by funneling taxpayer money to companies they own. The AG and the government are sending files to the RCMP. Over $300M paid to Directors in conflict.

The 1bn missing from Melanie Jolie's infrastructure fund?

How come none of these issues matter to liberals and the media and "Democracy"

I bet you aren't even aware of most or don't care, because you don't care about truth, its clear. You're Partisan and try to insult me with some weird name when shown the truth

By the way, you can go look all of these up, all are facts.

I vote with my brain, and the Liberals are corrupt crooks, Jagmeet props them up, and dislike PP all you want, it won't change the reality of the damage the liberals have done to this country financially, socially, and its time for a change.

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Haha 1