Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Maybe because two different party leaders read the same unreacted report and came up with two completely different conclusions?  

Seems like we probably need someone with higher education levels like a judge who can actually give a fair and unbiased summary of what the report actually says. 

You mean like everyone who wasn't frothing at the mouth at the time was suggesting? What a novel idea. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

They aren't different conclusions. Their statements don't conflict in context.

That feeling you're having is knowing Skippy is full of shit. 

Elizabeth May literally said no sitting MP is involved in any foreign interference. Is Skippy not a current MP?

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Elizabeth May literally said no sitting MP is involved in any foreign interference. Is Skippy not a current MP?

Just stop. You know Skippys leadership contest can be tainted without his direct involvement. 

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Elizabeth May said there is no list of names. None of the current MP’s have done anything wrong. 

Jagmeet seems to be telling a different story. So who are we supposed to believe?

Maybe Tom Mulclair is correct and we should actually wait for a judge to read the report instead of some MP’s who clearly don’t know what the fuck they are talking about and have an extreme bias to this? 

I agree.

Which also means maybe Pierre needs to tone down the rhetoric because it's obvious that politicians with agendas or bias cannot be trusted in what they say and he's....been vocal as of late and may be potentially at risk himself in this report 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I agree.

Which also means maybe Pierre needs to tone down the rhetoric because it's obvious that politicians with agendas or bias cannot be trusted in what they say and he's....been vocal as of late and may be potentially at risk himself in this report 

Yes, we agree on this.  When we also both agreed that names should be dropped, it was because of exactly what is going on now.  Having two party leaders come out with conflicting comments on the same report only makes this situation worse, because now there is even more speculation than before.  All of these politicians, including Skippy, should tone it down and just allow a non-biased 3rd party to handle the situation.  

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

May: “There is no list of MP’s who have shown disloyalty to Canada. So I am very comfortable sitting with my colleagues. I am vastly relieved”. 

Also May: “The few named people may be compromised. They have been beneficiaries of foreign governments interfering in nomination contests. There are clearly threats to Canadian democracy from foreign governments”.

Thanks for posting,

I dont see that as a contradiction but i can understand that interpretation I suppose. Seemed to make sense to me. 

At the end of the day I agree that this is a big deal and across the board we need answers. 

Also, I dont think its a good look for PP to not have sercurity clearance, he should read it too. 

A leader, 'goes first'. 

I'm not trying to be a hater but this doesn't feel like leadership from PP.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I agree.

But see that's the thing, he's all about the anger rhetoric. It's more important to him than knowing facts. 

36 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I'm so intelligent, here's someone else's opinion because I dont have one of my own due to my overwhelming intelligence 

Did I mention I'm smart and wealthy

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Thanks for posting,

I dont see that as a contradiction but i can understand that interpretation I suppose. Seemed to make sense to me. 

At the end of the day I agree that this is a big deal and across the board we need answers. 

Also, I dont think its a good look for PP to not have sercurity clearance, he should read it too. 

A leader, 'goes first'. 

I'm not trying to be a hater but this doesn't feel like leadership from PP.

its almost like people need extremes now and there can't be shades in an issue. There's really not a conflict in what Liz and Jag said, both had to be a bit general in their takes due to confidentiality, but gave their views on it to the point they could. 

The con's are trying to create some noise there as if to now discredit the report in some way, which is truly funny.

Its just glaring proof of PPs values, the rage farming is the thing that matters.

I'm very happy Jag called him out as hard as he did, he might have crossed the line a little bit in terms of hinting whats in the report. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I'm so intelligent, here's someone else's opinion because I dont have one of my own due to my overwhelming intelligence 

Did I mention I'm smart and wealthy

You seem very upset and are chasing me around the internet 

are you ok?

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

are you ok?

I'm fine, completely amused in fact.

I just have to smile at how often and frequently an individual has to claim they are smart and wealthy to complete strangers.  It amuses me

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'm fine, completely amused in fact.

I just have to smile at how often and frequently an individual has to claim they are smart and wealthy to complete strangers.  It amuses me

Interesting. I never said “smart and wealthy”. I stated facts about economics that you didn’t clearly understand, I did say I was more educated in economics than people here, which I clearly am by the responses. Does make me smart? Ok thanks!

I’m not a brain surgeon but that doesn’t make me stupid either so not sure of your point.

On wealth, well I said I’m taking my wealth out of the country. That wealth was earned, not given to me by my parents or by your daddy, the govt 

I am truly concerned about your mental well being, your reactions here (anger and endless pestering) to someone sharing economic facts is not normal. 

good luck 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Interesting. I never said “smart and wealthy”. I stated facts about economics that you didn’t clearly understand, I did say I was more educated in economics than people here, which I clearly am by the responses. Does make me smart? Ok thanks!

I’m not a brain surgeon but that doesn’t make me stupid so not sure of your point. On wealth, well I said I’m taking my wealth out of the country. That wealth was earned, not given to me by my parents or the the daddy, the govt 

I a truly concerned about your mental well being, your reactions here (anger and endless pestering) to someone sharing economic facts is not normal. 

good luck 

I hear Bitcoin is the way to go 

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I’m not a brain surgeon but that doesn’t make me stupid either so not sure of your point.

On wealth, well I said I’m taking my wealth out of the country. That wealth was earned, not given to me by my parents or by your daddy, the govt 

I am truly concerned about your mental well being, your reactions here (anger and endless pestering) to someone sharing economic facts is not normal. 

good luck 

fascinating.  yet for all that intelligence you couldn't refute a single thing anyone said.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I hear Bitcoin is the way to go 

Bitcoin is one of my favourite Pierre moments.

Tying our economy to bitcoin is possibly the single most stupid fucking idea a politician could entertain.  For those who understand hw the strength of a nations dollar is derived; they get it.

5 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

are you ok?

Well, you did come in here with your guns blazing.  You'd have to expect getting a few shots fired back.

Welcome to the forum.   No one really cares who you, or I, or anyone else, will vote for.  That's up to each individual to decide. 

We just hope people won't try to make their voices heard by yelling and making insults.

Just now, Warhippy said:

Bitcoin is one of my favourite Pierre moments.

Tying our economy to bitcoin is possibly the single most stupid fucking idea a politician could entertain.  For those who understand hw the strength of a nations dollar is derived; they get it.

Yea but you aren't an economist, so....

It was epically stupid. Hey if you want to play in speculative markets personally, fill your boots. Anyone suggesting that for a country is a moron.

Skippy doesn't work in facts tho. Rage farmer doesn't work in shades of grey where most difficult issues really are.

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Sure is! 

wish I had listened to Pollievre

IMG_7941.jpeg

How is the strength of a nations dollar derived?

What happens to a nation if they do not control the strength behind or factors behind the value of their own dollar?

Just curious to see your answer to this because it's essential to understanding why this is such a bad idea

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yea but you aren't an economist, so....

It was epically stupid. Hey if you want to play in speculative markets personally, fill your boots. Anyone suggesting that for a country is a moron.

Skippy doesn't work in facts tho. Rage farmer doesn't work in shades of grey where most difficult issues really are.

I am patiently waiting for an AGM to let me know why listening to Pierre was a better idea than experts

• Vintage 1