Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Well, you did come in here with your guns blazing.  You'd have to expect getting a few shots fired back.

Welcome to the forum.   No one really cares who you, or I, or anyone else, will vote for.  That's up to each individual to decide. 

We just hope people won't try to make their voices heard by yelling and making insults.

Sharing economic realities is not making insults. Because someone or some are offended to learn Trudeau is not effective based on those Economic facts isn’t me insulting others, it’s facts. 

i am not responsible for anyone’s feelings because they don’t like those facts

Edited by ArmchairGM22

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

How is the strength of a nations dollar derived?

What happens to a nation if they do not control the strength behind or factors behind the value of their own dollar?

Just curious to see your answer to this because it's essential to understanding why this is such a bad idea

What does inflation do to the value of a dollar?

what does endless govt spending and debt do to the value of a dollar

when you figure that out you’ll maybe stop chasing me around and learn about everything I was trying to educate you on!

can’t wait to see the answer! 

lol stepped right into it

well done 

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Sharing economic realities is not making insults. Because someone or some are offended to learn Trudeau is not effective isn’t me insulting others

You are entitled to your opinions but please do not be so quick to describe them as facts.  Some of them may well be factual but if I were you I would not be so sure about all of them.

4 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

when you figure that out you’ll maybe stop chasing me around and learn about everything I was trying to educate you on!

well done 

You have answered a question with another question.  That's not how debates work.

7 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

well done 

Stepped in to what?  A typical right wing answer to a simple question?

I asked you a very simple question and instead of even trying to answer it you jumped in to this deflection.  That's not an answer and it won't be answered by myself until you show you have the fortitude to address the question I asked you

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

You are entitled to your opinions but please do not be so quick to describe them as facts.  Some of them may well be factual but if I were you I would not be so sure about all of them.

Govt spending doesn’t cause inflation? That’s an opinion?

trudeau's govt hasn’t outspent every other govt in Canadian history cumulatively?  This is an opinion?? 

people using food banks in record numbers in this country and living in tent cities like no other time in Canadian history means he’s doing well? And it’s an opinion 

good god accept reality 

11 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Sharing economic realities is not making insults. Because someone or some are offended to learn Trudeau is not effective based on those Economic facts isn’t me insulting others, it’s facts. 

But...you didn't post any actual facts.  You just dropped talking points and refused to discuss them when you were questioned about them, then claimed nobody knew how to debate

On 5/29/2024 at 1:27 PM, Gurn said:

This place:

Poster 1 "What about point A?"

Poster 2 "Point A is false based on these facts"

Poster 1" Yah, but what about point B?"

Poster 2 " Point B has a bit to it, as long as you only read these sources"

Poster 1 " See what those liberals are doing with point C?"

Poster 2 "Point C is a provincially controlled issue"

Poster 1 "Oh yah, well what about point A?"

Rinse/repeat.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

economic theory has been debated 

as I said go take a course in economics if you need to be educated on it 

There has been no debate.  People have rebutted your statements and all you said was

"lol you don't know how x works" then ignored everything while claiming some sort of superiority.

That's not a debate at all.

Now, I'll ask again.  How is the strength of a nations dollar derived?

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

But...you didn't post any actual facts.  You just dropped talking points and refused to discuss them when you were questioned about them, then claimed nobody knew how to debate

Here you go

i took these courses over 30 years ago 

nothing has changed since from a theory perspective 

https://www.sfu.ca/economics/undergraduate/courses.html

Here you go

i took these courses over 30 years ago 

nothing has changed since from a theory perspective 

https://www.sfu.ca/economics/undergraduate/courses.html

Yet again, not an answer at all.

edit*  You're claiming some sort of qualified level of intelligence and understanding yet are refusing to answer a simple question regarding economics.

Edited by Warhippy

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Govt spending doesn’t cause inflation? That’s an opinion?

trudeau's govt hasn’t outspent every other govt in Canadian history cumulatively?  This is an opinion?? 

people using food banks in record numbers in this country and living in tent cities like no other time in Canadian history means he’s doing well? And it’s an opinion 

good god accept reality 

I was talking about all of your posts and not just that one.

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Yet again, not an answer at all.

edit*  You're claiming some sort of qualified level of intelligence and understanding yet are refusing to answer a simple question regarding economics.

Keep dancing around the real issues 

trudeau’s economic policy is destroying Canada 

playing little games like this to deflect won’t change that

some of us have to work for a living and can’t live off mommy or daddy govt so I will bid you fair well 

no swearing at me yet, well done 

5 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

economic theory has been debated 

as I said go take a course in economics if you need to be educated on it 

This response does not take away from the fact that you answered a question with another question.

27 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Interesting. I never said “smart and wealthy”. I stated facts about economics that you didn’t clearly understand, I did say I was more educated in economics than people here, which I clearly am by the responses. Does make me smart? Ok thanks!

I’m not a brain surgeon but that doesn’t make me stupid either so not sure of your point.

On wealth, well I said I’m taking my wealth out of the country. That wealth was earned, not given to me by my parents or by your daddy, the govt 

I am truly concerned about your mental well being, your reactions here (anger and endless pestering) to someone sharing economic facts is not normal. 

good luck 

I understand your concern and decision to move assets out of Canada. Many Canadians don't have that option unless they migrate. For those who stay I wonder what the CPC game plan is to fund our debt and increase GDP to benefit the country? Ideas? I suspect PP will remove obstacles created by Trudeau for energy development across Canada. IMHO oil and gas production could be doubled in Canada. Building that capacity out will create jobs and wage growth. The scale would be tremendous. I cannot think of another option with the same economic potential. Can you? Restructure immigration to encourage people to come who can directly contribute to economic growth.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Keep dancing around the real issues 

trudeau’s economic policy is destroying Canada 

playing little games like this to deflect won’t change that

some of us have to work for a living and can’t live off mommy or daddy govt so I will bid you fair well 

no swearing at me yet, well done 

What games?  What am I dancing around?

I am asking you a simple question based on a statement you made regarding bitcoin.

I think I have now asked you this question 6 or 7 times and instead of offering up the most basic attempt at an answer you have been avoiding it entirely.  Obfuscation and deflection are not answers.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I understand your concern and decision to move assets out of Canada. Many Canadians don't have that option unless they migrate. For those who stay I wonder what the CPC game plan is to fund our debt and increase GDP to benefit the country? Ideas? I suspect PP will remove obstacles created by Trudeau for energy development across Canada. IMHO oil and gas production could be doubled in Canada. Building that capacity out will create jobs and wage growth. The scale would be tremendous. I cannot think of another option with the same economic potential. Can you? Restructure immigration to encourage people to come who can directly contribute to economic growth.  

But PP can't do that on his own, he has to work with provincial interests. Are you just talking about more Alberta to US pipes, because isn't that already saturated?

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Hey Boudrias,

I think you are potentially missing out on some very common sense projects or movements that would change the face of our nation without the endless pull of oil and gas development and the mountain of court challenges and years of cost overruns that come with them.

A high speed rail network for freight and travel from Thunder Bay to Calgary with North/South routes to connect major cities in eery province along the way.  This would add billions to our GDP in short order by cutting transportation time down by as much as 50%

A series of year round greenhouses in the prairies that would contribute to and ensure Canada's food security was cared for.  Dropping costs of food for Canadians.  Projects and large scale sunken greenhouses of this nature already exist in numerous Scandinavian nations that grow food crops year round and allow for reduced food costs, increased gdp and cuts down the import needs which saves overall.

A true highway expansion in the north that can start to truly develop and protect our northern expanses.  This simple idea alone will boost production and migration towards the north which has been discussed endlessly regarding the benefits to the national GDP

A truly green energy grid and trades training would employ tens of thousands while giving them the essential skills to continue on in these fields as experts which would put Canada at the forefront of a green energy labour force.

Rare Earth Mineral development in Sask, Manitoba and Ontario is already being looked at by the US as part of a national security program issue in their country to help stave of Chinese control.  

These are projects that would employ tens of thousands of Canadians across the nation without the worry of subsidization of O&G development and the issues that come with it.  

I agree that one of the fundamental issues with Pierre thus far is a lack of any credible plan at all.  The endless trudeau is bad comments have worn thin.  We get it.  Now is the time to start telling us how he'd do things differently and how he'd be a better option based on sensible ideas and plans that don't only encompass the gap between election years but look decades down the line tackling issues that will keep cropping up and will only get wrse as the nation grows.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What games?  What am I dancing around?

I am asking you a simple question based on a statement you made regarding bitcoin.

I think I have now asked you this question 6 or 7 times and instead of offering up the most basic attempt at an answer you have been avoiding it entirely.  Obfuscation and deflection are not answers.

You’re welcome to google it 

the answer is simple 

and your whole purpose is to deflect onto a debate over bitcoin over the Economic catastrophe created by Trudeau and his pet Singh 

Bitcoin is  not a material issue in this country nor relative to my points 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

40 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

well done 

How about educating yourself to speak in complete sentences?  Clearly an English course wasn't part of your fancy economics education.

20 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Conservatives are going to have to start with very hard cuts to govt bloat and likely a lot of services. We can’t support our debt so while increasing productivity and revenue without new taxes is key, so is reducing future debt payments.

As I said at the beginning, we can’t keep spending money we don’t have and borrowing / printing / taxing more to keep up. 

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

You’re welcome to google it 

the answer is simple 

and your whole purpose is to deflect onto a debate over bitcoin over the Economic catastrophe created by Trudeau and his pet Singh 

Bitcoin is  not a material issue in this country nor relative to my points 

No.  no it isn't.

It's sad that such a simple question has to be met with such vitriol and fear on your behalf after your indicating that tying our economic future to bitcoin would have been smart.

I and many others know why it's a bad idea and someone who is as self proclaimed intelligent as yourself should also see it but instead of discussing it, or debating it.  You refuse.

For someone who claims "nobody wants to debate" anything, you are certainly unwilling to discuss things that are essentially a basic first year econn discussion.  Maybe it's beyond you who knows, but it's telling you refuse to answer something as simple as

• Vintage 1

18 hours ago, Satchmo said:

He can't read it.  He does not have the security clearance he could easily obtain.  Bloc leader Blanchet was the only other party leader holding out but he is now getting his clearance just to read the report.

We are all entitled to our opinions.  My opinion is that PP has refused (for well over a year now) to get security clearance just because he likes to raise shit and be seen as counter to Parliament business as usual.   He will drain the swamp I'm told.

Not like going out and getting your driving license, if I'm not mistaken it is one of the highest levels of clearance required in Canada. It probably requires extensive digging in your you past and internet activity, I could see why he doesn't want that leading up to an election as we all have skeletons in our closet especially in the age of internet.   

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Not like going out and getting your driving license, if I'm not mistaken it is one of the highest levels of clearance required in Canada. It probably requires extensive digging in your you past and internet activity, I could see why he doesn't want that leading up to an election as we all have skeletons in our closet especially in the age of internet.   

Yet the same concerns didn't stop the other party leaders.

Interesting.

th?id=OIP.SXIIyKILcShbUfXUaM32rQHaFj&w=288&h=216&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.1&rm=2
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1