Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Not like going out and getting your driving license, if I'm not mistaken it is one of the highest levels of clearance required in Canada. It probably requires extensive digging in your you past and internet activity, I could see why he doesn't want that leading up to an election as we all have skeletons in our closet especially in the age of internet.   

And yet three of four of the other parties' leaders have either gotten the clearance or are seeking to get the clearance.  Speaks volumes of the one guy who can't "won't" get it.:classic_rolleyes:

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

How about educating yourself to speak in complete sentences?  Clearly an English course wasn't part of your fancy economics education.

Grammar police are scary! 👮‍♀️ 

they alway have points Germaine to a debate!

is that better? Fancy word Germaine!!

I’ll make sure to keep my grammar perfect going forward on my phone 

🤦 

4 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

🤦 

It's germane not germaine.

Please stop using the word debate.  You're obviously not here for one or you'd be actually discussing things with people as opposed to simply telling them they're wrong and you're intelligent and as such smarter than them.

Edited by Warhippy

5 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

And yet three of four of the other parties' leaders have either gotten the clearance or are seeking to get the clearance.  Speaks volumes of the one guy who can't "won't" get it.:classic_rolleyes:

He clearly feels it is not needed at this time and has got this far without it. 

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

🤦 

Well, it should not have been capitalized and you misspelled always. 🙂

(That was just a joke but I also feel that complete sentences are a good thing. TBH I don't really care how complete they are as long as they say something.)

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Well, it should not have been capitalized and you misspelled always. 🙂

(That was just a joke but I also feel that complete sentences are a good thing. TBH I don't really care how complete they are as long as they say something.)

I don't usually care that much either, but when someone is claiming they're highly educated and their posts look like they're written by a 13 year old who circumvented the parental controls, it's hard to take them seriously.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

He clearly feels it is not needed at this time and has got this far without it. 

You're going out of your way to defend PP again.  That's admirable in a way.  

You are going to have to come up with better reasons why PP will not apply for clearance.   Fear of skeletons is not much of a defense for a party leader and PM hopeful.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

A guy, running to be Prime Minister, doesn't want to know about a serious issue regarding foreign interference in the elections of Canada.

not leadership calibre.

This decision, could be the thing that costs the conservatives yet another chance at being the governing party.

Self inflicted wounds are the worst.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

You're going out of your way to defend PP again.  That's admirable in a way.  

You are going to have to come up with better reasons why PP will not apply for clearance.   Fear of skeletons is not much of a defense for a party leader and PM hopeful.

No really defending him that hard, I'm saying he is not getting clearance because he is probably trying to hide something that his opponents will use as ammo in the election.  They probably should have just made it a rule every party leader needed to get clearance. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

No really defending him that hard, I'm saying he is not getting clearance because he is probably trying to hide something that his opponents will use as ammo in the election.  They probably should have just made it a rule every party leader needed to get clearance. 

Regardless of the reasons for not.

This is a potential national security issue.  For an individual to be using it as a talking point without actively using their own parliamentary privilege as a party lead to not look in to it, yet still claiming x or y is not a good look.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

If that is the case, then this should be disqualifying.  He should never get close to becoming PM.  You do realize that right???   RIGHT????

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No.  no it isn't.

It's sad that such a simple question has to be met with such vitriol and fear on your behalf after your indicating that tying our economic future to bitcoin would have been smart.

I and many others know why it's a bad idea and someone who is as self proclaimed intelligent as yourself should also see it but instead of discussing it, or debating it.  You refuse.

For someone who claims "nobody wants to debate" anything, you are certainly unwilling to discuss things that are essentially a basic first year econn discussion.  Maybe it's beyond you who knows, but it's telling you refuse to answer something as simple as

How is the strength of a nations dollar derived?

Google will tell you 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's germane not germaine.

Please stop using the word debate.  You're obviously not here for one or you'd be actually discussing things with people as opposed to simply telling them they're wrong and you're intelligent and as such smarter than them.

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't usually care that much either, but when someone is claiming they're highly educated and their posts look like they're written by a 13 year old who circumvented the parental controls, it's hard to take them seriously.

So cute

please focus on the topic 

Trudy has destroyed the economic future of this country 

no matter how much you and your buddy try in vain to insult me it won’t change that reality 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Regardless of the reasons for not.

This is a potential national security issue.  For an individual to be using it as a talking point without actively using their own parliamentary privilege as a party lead to not look in to it, yet still claiming x or y is not a good look.

The conservative party is pushing for the federal governement to release the names. This will be handled by the correct bodies, unless the federal government drags their feet on it.   

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Google will tell you 

Quality rebuttal.

Since you're incapable.  And yes, at this point it is evident you are incapable of discussing this.

If Canada tied its economic success to bitcoin.  What would stop a nation like China who has access and control of some of the largest bitcoin mining farms in the world from tanking bitcoin overnight thus tanking the Canadian economy?  Or a group of redditors?  Imagine Canada watching bitcoin lose $60k worth of value overnight

Serious question.  Because you're insinuation of it being smart is ignoring the fact that Canada would have ZERO control over the strength of its own dollar at that point.

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

So cute

please focus on the topic 

Trudy has destroyed the economic future of this country 

no matter how much you and your buddy try in vain to insult me it won’t change that reality 

Nobody is insulting you.  

The topic at hand was your unwillingnes, and now evident inability to answer a simple question while telling everyone else they don't know how to debate.

No matter how much you claim otherwise, it won't change that reality.

You are who you are and that's fine.  But don't pretend you're something more k.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

If that is the case, then this should be disqualifying.  He should never get close to becoming PM.  You do realize that right???   RIGHT????

Him not getting a clearance, that he has not been required to get does not disqualify him, no. 

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

The conservative party is pushing for the federal governement to release the names. This will be handled by the correct bodies, unless the federal government drags their feet on it.   

It is not practice to release names of accused in investigations.  A party of "law and order" should understand this

If Pierre wanted to know the names he could find out.  As it is now coming to light that numerous leadership and nomination races have been at the forefront of this, and that it is one party who has seemingly had these issues visibly.  It would indicate that one individual has little desire to find out and is instead utilizing the issue for political gain.  Which; if it is in fact a national security issue is rather gross and is truly self serving and unbecoming of the potential leader of a nation 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

5 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Him not getting a clearance, that he has not been required to get does not disqualify him, no. 

No, not really.  I should have been a little more specific.  Your excuse for him not getting one is disqualifying (Bolded).  Here is the thing.  I believe that the information that is disclosed in a security clearance interview is not disclosed by the agency conducting the interview.  So this information that PP would divulge is safe.  The only way that information would be needed is if PP is denied a clearance.  The public would want to know why a potential PM would be denied a clearance.  That's how your excuse is disqualifying.

• Upvote 2