Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It is not practice to release names of accused in investigations.  A party of "law and order" should understand this

If Pierre wanted to know the names he could find out.  As it is now coming to light that numerous leadership and nomination races have been at the forefront of this, and that it is one party who has seemingly had these issues visibly.  It would indicate that one individual has little desire to find out and is instead utilizing the issue for political gain.  Which; if it is in fact a national security issue is rather gross and is truly self serving and unbecoming of the potential leader of a nation 

No names have been released yet even in the classified docs, then why not just let the law handle this and prosecute them to the full extent of the law? The political parties should not be involved in this investigation anyways as it retains to them. The conservatives are very on board with the investigation and addressing foreign interference. Once this makes it to court everything will come out, currently its a whole lot of speculation.   

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Arrivescam

IMG_7947.jpeg

Now you are just going on an internet scavenger hunt.  You will always be able to find someone who agrees with you if you look.

We have all seen this stuff before.   We have seen people list the liberals transgressions and perceived transgressions ad nauseum.

When will he hear more insightful commentary?

1 minute ago, the destroyer of worlds said:

No, not really.  I should have been a little more specific.  Your excuse for him not getting one is disqualifying (Bolded).  Here is the thing.  I believe that the information that is disclosed in a security clearance interview is not disclosed by the agency conducting the interview.  So this information that PP would divulge is safe.  The only way that information would be needed is if PP is denied a clearance.  The public would want to know why a potential PM would be denied a clearance.  That's how your excuse is disqualifying.

The bolded is me just speculating, would the prime minister of Canada have access the information disclosed in these interviews though? If this clearance was that important why wouldn't it just be mandatory for party leaders. I'm sure you would have to go through a level of clearance to even become a party leader as the parties themselves likely do their due diligence to avoid scandals.    

I see someone (is this a new person or just the same person making new accounts) is participating in the good ole Russian hose of Information/Misinformation method to drowning all talk out. Onto the ignore list. I have a crazy uncle/aunt facebook feed already.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Now you are just going on an internet scavenger hunt.  You will always be able to find someone who agrees with you if you look.

We have all seen this stuff before.   We have seen people list the liberals transgressions and perceived transgressions ad nauseum.

Things are great!

Trudeau is doing great things! 

is that insightful?

how about this - is this insightful? Or is it just some internet meme you’ll keep ignoring 

https://web.foodbankscanada.ca/cn/avlfe/poverty-report-card#:~:text=FOOD BANK USE IS AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH,on food banks every month.

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Things are great!

Trudeau is doing great things! 

is that insightful?

how about this - is this insightful? Or is it just some internet meme you’ll keep ignoring 

https://web.foodbankscanada.ca/cn/avlfe/poverty-report-card#:~:text=FOOD BANK USE IS AT AN ALL-TIME HIGH,on food banks every month.

No, that's not very insightful.  It's just more things we already know.

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

keep insulting, keep attacking, keep ignoring the facts of Trudeau’s damage

Yes, I am the problem I get it, those in denial never want to have to face the truth

so rather than looking at his record you all attack me 

go attack the numbers kid. Maybe when you’re paying for your own groceries, mortgage, and loans vs mommy you’ll get it. 

I’m sure you’re such a good caring person you don’t care about record food bank usage in Canada and tent cities and it’s definitely not the govt in power’s fault for causing the price of everything to rise so significantly given their out of control spending. 

good lord, the denial here makes me want to poke my eyes out 

as I said, we need to teach economics in high school 

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Yes, I am the problem I get it, those in denial never want to have to face the truth

go attack the numbers kid. Maybe when you’re paying for your own groceries, mortgage, and loans vs mommy you’ll get it. 

I’m sure you’re such a good caring person you don’t care about record food bank usage in Canada and tent cities and it’s definitely not the govt in power’s fault for causing the price of everything to rise so significantly given their out of control spending. 

Nobody is insulting or attacking you.

You have yet to respond to anyone in a credible manner.

You're not a victim.

Grow up

• Cheers 1

So we have one con voter complaining that we're too young to pay bills, and another who thinks we're so old that it's grounds for ridicule.  Can your kind at least have a PM so they can get their bullshit sorted out?

Some facts for the confused lol

Some facts from an opinion columnist?

K.

Looks like point 1 is an opinion and thus not a fact.

And 

Looks like point 2 is also not a fact but an opinion.

An educated individual is a responsible individual.  The suggestion that Lilley's statements are "a fact" when they are actually not is just more of your apparent inability to debate or discuss things in a logical and adult manner.

Again, this is not an attack or an insult.  Don't need to claim otherwise.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Some facts from an opinion columnist?

K.

Looks like point 1 is an opinion and thus not a fact.

And 

Looks like point 2 is also not a fact but an opinion.

An educated individual is a responsible individual.  The suggestion that Lilley's statements are "a fact" when they are actually not is just more of your apparent inability to debate or discuss things in a logical and adult manner.

Again, this is not an attack or an insult.  Don't need to claim otherwise.

Actually it is a legal fact 

but your denial is delicious 

22 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

No names have been released yet even in the classified docs, then why not just let the law handle this and prosecute them to the full extent of the law? The political parties should not be involved in this investigation anyways as it retains to them. The conservatives are very on board with the investigation and addressing foreign interference. Once this makes it to court everything will come out, currently its a whole lot of speculation.   

I was under the impression that names had in fact been released which is why May and Singh made the comments they did.

I agree, this should be handled by the courts and the investigative teams which also means Pierre needs to simmer down and stop using it as a talking point to generate anger or promote the opinion that somehow the sitting government is guilty of treason until he has either read it or the investigation is over.

Agree or nah?

Actually it is a legal fact 

but your denial is delicious 

What exactly about what Lilley said is a legal fact.

Go ahead.

or should I "google" your response?

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

What I said was not much of an attack nor was it really an insult (kid).   Implying I do not care about food banks or tent cities is an insult IMHO.

I just don't think you are adding much to the discussion.   You are entitled to your point of view but you tend to express it with aggression.  That approach will win no one over.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So we have one con voter complaining that we're too young to pay bills, and another who thinks we're so old that it's grounds for ridicule.  Can your kind at least have a PM so they can get their bullshit sorted out?

Debate the numbers I posted

good luck paying off all of Trudy’s spending 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What exactly about what Lilley said is a legal fact.

Go ahead.

or should I "google" your response?

You do realize if he has access to the info he is bound by confidentiality and therefore cannot raise questions on it right?

derp 

good god just shut up now 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I was under the impression that names had in fact been released which is why May and Singh made the comments they did.

I agree, this should be handled by the courts and the investigative teams which also means Pierre needs to simmer down and stop using it as a talking point to generate anger or promote the opinion that somehow the sitting government is guilty of treason until he has either read it or the investigation is over.

Agree or nah?

Yeah I totally agree, but that is PP's whole thing I dont think he will stop any time soon. Right now is a bunch of finger pointing but likely all parties affected.