Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

This isn't how grown ups debate.  Personally, I work in the private sector and pay my own bills.  I still would rather be Trudeau over vermin like Poilivre.

Great 

as i said, enjoy paying off govt debt 

you already pay close to 70% of your earnings to the govt after income tax, property tax if you own, sales tax, carbon tax, soon capital gains increases,  only a matter of time before they come for principle residences too!

And those taxes will only keep going higher because debt servicing costs go up and Trudy keeps spending.

the source of govt money to pay off debt is our tax dollars or borrowing / inflation (still a tax on us as purchasing power declines). 

some people like to keep their money not pay most to Trudy. 

That’s why I’m leaving. 

bolded part - irony 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Great 

as i said, enjoy paying off govt debt 

you already pay close to 70% of your earnings to the govt after income tax, property tax if you own, sales tax, carbon tax, soon capital gains increases,  only a matter of time before they come for principle residences too!

And those taxes will only keep going higher because debt servicing costs go up and Trudy keeps spending.

the source of govt money to pay off debt is our tax dollars or borrowing / inflation (still a tax on us as purchasing power declines). 

some people like to keep their money not pay most to Trudy. 

That’s why I’m leaving. 

bolded part - irony 

Some people see value in the services provided by taxes and would rather not allow Poilivre to inflict his barbaric beliefs on Canadians in order to save a few bucks.

Quality.

Absolute quality.

Like I said, if it wasn't so predictable it would actually be amusing.  instead it's sad.

Appreciate the private message there champ.  Totally not juvenile and in no way insulting or a personal attack.  You are absolutely the victim here still.

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 12.26.36 PM.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Some people see value in the services provided by taxes and would rather not allow Poilivre to inflict his barbaric beliefs on Canadians in order to save a few bucks.

I value many of the services and am happy to pay taxes to support education, healthcare and infrastructure 

we all benefit from that 

paying 70% of my money to a govt that’s stealing from us while education suffers, hospital wait times get worse and people are using food banks at record numbers and living in tents is not good leadership

Perhaps understanding that people who are conservative aren’t all about no taxes but just fiscal responsibility and non corrupt govt may help your perspective 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

13 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Saying go troll your uncles is an attack? 

Oh and heard of Pavlov’s dog? You walked right into a psychological test and failed lol

thanks for proving my point 

I'm just wondering what 'Go troll your uncles who fick' means.  Would I have to have studied economics to know?

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I'm just wondering what 'Go troll your uncles who fick' means.  Would I have to have studied economics to know?

Well the last two words auto texted 

so I told him to go troll his uncles (instead of me was implied)

why are you so bothered by not having an econ degree like me? Weird 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

19 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I value many of the services and am happy to pay taxes to support education, healthcare and infrastructure 

we all benefit from that 

paying 70% of my money to a govt that’s stealing from us while education suffers, hospital wait times get worse and people are using food banks at record numbers and living in tents is not good leadership

Perhaps understanding that people who are conservative aren’t all about no taxes but just fiscal responsibility and non corrupt govt may help your perspective 

Now explain why allowing Poilivre, who has no history indicating he's capable of being fiscally responsible, while having a lot of history of hate speech and domestic terrorism is an improvement.  The issue is that I understand fully that the cons have a neo-Nazi as a leader.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Now explain why allowing Poilivre, who has no history indicating he's capable of being fiscally responsible, while having a lot of history of hate speech and domestic terrorism is an improvement.  The issue is that I understand fully that the cons have a neo-Nazi as a leader.

Domestic terrorism? Good lord 

hyperbole much?

Edited by ArmchairGM22

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Well the last two words auto texted 

so I told him to go troll his uncles 

why are you so bothered by not having an econ degree like me? Weird 

I can assure you I am not bothered by that at all.  Computer science is a pretty good field of study too.  We learn logic amongst other things.

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

I can assure you I am not bothered by that at all.  Computer science is a pretty good field of study too.  We learn logic amongst other things.

Cool! You will probably earn alot

You should think about how much of that you’ll keep now and in the future because of Trudeau’s incessant spending then 

that’s logic! 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

Domestic terrorism? Good lord 

He openly supported a terrorist occupation of Ottawa that stated a goal of forcibly removing the democratically elected government of Canada.  I stand by what I said; Poilivre belongs in prison, not in elected office of any kind.

• Haha 1

Cool! You will probably earn alot

You should think about how much of that you’ll keep now and in the future because of Trudeau’s incessant spending then 

It was many years ago and yes, I did learn a lot.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He openly supported a terrorist occupation of Ottawa that stated a goal of forcibly removing the democratically elected government of Canada.  I stand by what I said; Poilivre belongs in prison, not in elected office of any kind.

Terrorist occupation of Ottawa?

hmm 

you mean the one where Trudeau enacted the emergency act, and the courts ruled he broke the law and charter, in a suit brought by the Canadian civil liberties association? That one? 

🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

hmm 

you mean the one where Trudeau enacted the emergency act, and was told by the courts he broke the law and charter, in a suit brought by the Canadian civil liberties association? That one? 

You mean the one where ONE judge somewhat reluctantly made that ruling in order that the question could be bumped to a higher court?  That one?

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

hmm 

you mean the one where Trudeau enacted the emergency act, and the courts ruled he broke the law and charter, in a suit brought by the Canadian civil liberties association? That one? 

🤦‍♂️ 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/2/17/trudeaus-use-of-emergency-powers-to-end-convoy-justified-panel

The same one that another panel found justified?  The Klown Kar Konvoy had no right to be treated the same as actual people and I'm disappointed that the Feds were too lenient towards these pieces of shit.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/2/17/trudeaus-use-of-emergency-powers-to-end-convoy-justified-panel

The same one that another panel found justified?  The Klown Kar Konvoy had no right to be treated the same as actual people and I'm disappointed that the Feds were too lenient towards these pieces of shit.

So Trudeau’s commission said it’s ok

But the Canadian courts said he broke the law 

civics class needed 

pro tip “independence” matters 

I bet a hitler appointed commission would have found nothing wrong with the final solution too

logic 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

civics class needed 

So does the fact that it's eventually going to the Supreme Court of Canada, and we should probably await their verdict for something of national importance.

Just now, King Heffy said:

So does the fact that it's eventually going to the Supreme Court of Canada, and we should probably await their verdict for something of national importance.

And you seem to ignore the fact the Canadian Civil Liberties association who is vehemently left leaning brought the suit 

anyways… good luck dude 

4 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

civics class needed 

JT appointed the head of the commission.   Who else should have done that?

Here are the members:  (point out the woke left wing members if you can)

https://publicorderemergencycommission.ca/about/the-commission/#frank-au