Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

There's certainly some truth to it. Just look at the great depression in the 30's and how many fascist governments were created from a lack of economy. In desperate times, people will do desperate things. Emotions can be more easily targeted when people are emotional.

Exactly! People need good jobs. We have a country with an abundance of natural resources that can provide those good jobs either directly or indirectly. IMHAO Poo Poo and the Cons won’t help turn the clock back to the time when we had an economy so strongly based on those “dirty hands” jobs. They will line their pockets and cut social programs. What we need is a government that puts good paying resource industry jobs ahead of tree hugger policies. And then use the economic wealth for a social safety net that all Canadians can access when needed. What we’re doing now is borrowing the money for our social safety net and it’s got a lot of holes that need mending we can’t afford. Good paying jobs are the key. And those jobs are here in our resources. We have to “pump, mine, and chop” our way back to a resource based economy. 

3 hours ago, Satchmo said:

A bit of a loaded question. Globally very few countries have really improved.  You have mentioned the pandemic.  Let's not forget the havoc Russia has provided since 2020. 

Look at the short list countries doing well:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/ranked-the-fastest-growing-economies-in-2024/

And where Canada sits amongst those doing not so well:

https://gfmag.com/data/countries-lowest-gdp-growth/

I'd be curious to know what you think will improve matters and why you think so.

IMG_7950.jpeg

IMG_7949.jpeg

IMG_7944.jpeg

IMG_7946.jpeg

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

IMG_7946.jpeg

Yes, you showed us that yesterday.

I'd be curious to know what you think will improve matters and why you think so.

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Yes, you showed us that yesterday.

I think those graphs make it self explanatory on how to improve things and why 

cheers 

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

What debate?

You refused to answer simple questions.  Cried about being a victim.  Privately messaged people to claim you were being victimized and then insulted them.  Posted some questionable opinion columns and Twitter links then told people how smart you were and how they must be jealous you have an economics degree and they don't.

What colour is the sky in the world you live in bud?

south park beat a dead horse GIF

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Hes absolutely right, if JT resigns the Libs are in the drivers seat IMO and its been said many times in this thread. Too bad his ego seems to be getting in the way. Im sure @Bob Long would be ecstatic if ol mark carney took the reigns.

I'd dance a jig. The libs desperately need a good financial manager again, in the style of Paul Martin.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I can't see how those graphs make it self explanatory on how to improve things and why.    I was hoping for words and an economist's insight.  

cheers.

Beep boop logic 

here’s some help

maybe Trudy should have appointed an economist or banker to be finance minister, instead of a journalist with no education or experience in either 😂 

self explanatory 

inflationary spending by the Trudy govt has been the cause of the economic problems 

stop doing it and show some restraint vs spending like drunk trust fund babies with OUR money 

we’ve established I have an econ degree, and I also have masters and other financial certifications. You and your friend seem oddly obsessed with it.

Cheers 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Beep boop logic 

here’s some help

maybe Trudy should have appointed an economist or banker to be finance minister, instead of a journalist with no education or experience in either 😂 

self explanatory 

inflationary spending my govt has been the cause of the economic problems 

stop doing it and show some restraint vs spending like drunk trust fund babies with OUR money 

we’ve established I have an econ degree, and I also have masters and other financial certifications 

so let’s dispense with the silly attempts to troll 

Cheers 

Please explain why inflation is going down.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

We don't know about about PPs real plan, that's the problem. 

He doesn’t need to explain his plan until libs call an election. Or Jagpreet shows some respect for Canadians vs ensuring his pension and tables a vote of non confidence, which should have happened years ago.

we aren’t in an election yet. 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

He doesn’t need to explain his plan until libs call an election. Or Jagpreet shows some respect for Canadians over his pension and tables a vote of non confidence, which should have happened years ago.

we aren’t in an election yet. 

That's so weak tho.

He claims Canada is broken. You claim we are doomed for generations.

And your big idea to sway votes is "you'll see"? Weak. 

• Vintage 1

Beep boop logic 

let’s dispense with the silly attempts to troll 

benightedness.

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

He said he likes posts with beep boop prior 

You lack intellectual honesty in the way you converse. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Perfect, I will vote NDP as per your suggestion.

Do they spend less? 😂 

vote as you please, no one is trying to convince you to vote any which way 

but voting for a party who will spend more than the liberals doesn’t sound like a logical solution to a problem of government spending does it? 

Do they spend less? 😂 

vote as you please, no one is trying to convince you to vote any which way 

but voting for a party who will spend more than the liberals doesn’t sound like a logical solution to a problem of government spending does it? 

It sounds like a change, which you are advocating is needed regardless of whether it would be positive.  The alternative would be Trudeau or electing the neo-Nazi vermin you keep defending.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

He said he likes posts with beep boop prior 

And you really thought I was being serious?   I was just trying my hardest to be civil and make light of things.    

• Cheers 1

Thanks for the insult. Yet again personal attacks against me. The irony is only lost on you regarding your post above. 

You've been casting your assumptions about a lot of people in here and displaying a lack of intellectual honesty for a couple days now.

Thats on you. If you want real conversation, maybe you could have some self reflection on your approach. I wont hold my breath.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1