Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Not disputing previous govts haven’t been perfect

trudeau’s spending has destroyed the country for generations 

this is the cause Alf 

IMG_7950.jpeg

And to reduce government spending where will Poo Poo cut? It’s going to be the social safety net that gets axed. Which means those people who voted for Poo Poo expecting improvement financially will actually suffer. We need to create good paying jobs that last. And that means resource based industry and making things again. That’s not going to happen regardless of who folks vote for. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And to reduce government spending where will Poo Poo cut? It’s going to be the social safety net that gets axed. Which means those people who voted for Poo Poo expecting improvement financially will actually suffer. We need to create good paying jobs that last. And that means resource based industry and making things again. That’s not going to happen regardless of who folks vote for. 

Poor conservatives often vote against their own interests, it's a bit odd, but they can be easily manipulated on a number of issues. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

A lot of the gdp growth has been from the govt bloating by hiring more employees

sadly for those people jobs will be cut

some things will be privatized. Ie in Ontario renewing a DL or Health card is done at “service Ontario”. These are franchises, small businesses. Things like that 

He will cut all this carbon tax nonsense, he will focus on our resources  as you’ve said we need to do, and I agree. 

we are one of the most resource rich countries in the world and cheap energy and natural resources should make you one of the richest

govt / leftist policy has impeded that

That’s just some areas. Note cheap energy leads to low inflation 

low inflation leads to low interest rates 

that allows small businesses to start up and thrive 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

A lot of the gdp growth has been from the govt bloating by hiring more employees

sadly for those people jobs will be cut

some things will be privatized. Ie in Ontario renewing a DL or Health card is done at “service Ontario”. These are franchises, small businesses. Things like that 

He will cut all this carbon tax nonsense, he will focus on our reasources as you’ve said we need to do, and I agree. 

we are one of the most resource rich countries in the world and cheap energy and natural resources should make you one of the richest

govt / leftist policy has impeded that

That’s just some areas. Note cheap energy leads to low inflation 

low inflation leads to low interest rates 

that allows small businesses to start up and thrive 

I hope your predictions of what the Con will do to help average Canadians get good paying and long lasting jobs comes true. The hard working people of Canada deserve good paying and long lasting jobs. I just don’t see where those jobs will come from if we don’t open the resource based industry and stop pandering to tree hugger policies. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I hope your predictions of what the Con will do to help average Canadians get good paying and long lasting jobs comes true. The hard working people of Canada deserve good paying and long lasting jobs. I just don’t see where those jobs will come from if we don’t open the resource based industry and stop pandering to tree hugger policies. 

100% agree 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sadly, a lot of those things could be rectified by people's own purchasing habits, but most of us are too addicted to cheap consumerist crap, and budgets too stained already, to make better choices there. 

Buy local and domestic. Don't support companies with poor worker compensation/treatment. Don't support companies with poor environmental records. That costs more. It's harder to do. It's less convenient. But it's arguably one of the biggest things we could do to improve our productivity and wage growth.

More than any other tool of democracy, I vote with my wallet. You are giving good advice.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

More than any other tool of democracy, I vote with my wallet. You are giving good advice.

True. But people need money in their wallets. And money that comes from their jobs. Lots of hard working folk in Canada right now that struggle to have money in their wallets to spend on much more than just surviving. 
If times were good for people financially would they change governments? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

True. But people need money in their wallets. And money that comes from their jobs. Lots of hard working folk in Canada right now that struggle to have money in their wallets to spend on much more than just surviving. 

It seems weird to me then that the province most looking for a change in government, Alberta according to polls, also happened to be the richest voter base in the country. I think your statement is a truism, generally, but in context to changing to the Champion of Corporations and CEO's, there is a disconnect. 

The guy convincing everyone they need Dr Oggs Snake Serum to cure what ailes them loses credibility with me when it is revealed he is none other than Dr Ogg himself. 😉 

• ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He did this to me yesterday as well while claiming to be some sort of towering intellectual in the world of economics while ignoring my excessively easy 1st year econn question.

Then when finally pinned to a wall posted 2 images, an opinion piece and a twitter link and claimed he won a debate and that nobody understands economics on this forum.

Notice you've outright asked 4 times and instead of answering he has taken to responding to the lowest possible hanging fruit in Alf and will tell you he never saw your requests; or how he doesn't feel he needs to answer, or how you need to just google it.

I've repeated this so often over the last 15 years here that it's gotten to be like a mantra.

Todays right does this exact thing.  They yell at you, they create a narrative demand you answer it then after it's been answered tell you you're wrong.  Then ignore your questions strut around claiming they won and everyone else is wrong and then repeat the exact same argument ad nauseam.

it's fucking pathetic honestly.

You'd do best to just put that person on ignore.  They/them are absolutely not only not worth the time, you can't even bill them for the wasted effort

I know, I was just having fun, didn't really expect an answer, because he doesn't have one.

I'm on record for probably 2 years at this point wanting JT to step aside. We need Paul Martin, not PP.

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

It's a dog chasing it's own tail. You never have enough money to make better purchasing habits if you don't make it a priority. It's literally the biggest reason we've seen this constant race to the bottom we've been in for ~40 years and why the wealth gap keeps widening, and why climate change, pollution etc are such big problems .

Corporations are all too happy to offshore production and labour costs (jobs, manufacturing, income), while burning countless fossil fuels shipping things half way around the world to countries with lax environmental regulation (pollution and climate change) and poor human rights.

There's a very simple solution to those issues and it doesn't require any fantastical government intervention of any party or political spectrum.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Yikes 

new abacus poll out today 

Trudy not looking good with even the females 

and that so called neo nazi is looking great!

I guess 42% of men and women in Canada are stupid neo Nazis? 

or maybe people saying such things about Pollievre are out to lunch? 

logically it can only be one of those two things! 

IMG_7960.jpeg

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Yikes 

new abacus poll out today 

Trudy not looking good with even the females 

and that so called neo nazi is looking great!

I guess 42% of men and women in Canada are stupid neo Nazis? 

or maybe people saying such things about Pollievre are out to lunch? 

logically it can only be one of those two things! 

IMG_7960.jpeg

no, it can be both. 

32 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

no, it can be both. 

That last post of our new champ is telling.

Feminize JT's name to demean him in the same sentence as he says 'the females'.

The funniest part is he is arguing into the wind. There are not many in here that want JT to be leader of the Libs anymore. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

The funniest part is he is arguing into the wind. There are not many in here that want JT to be leader of the Libs anymore. 

Oh just wait for the "liberal tears" stuff if pp wins.

The irony is that broken electoral reform promise might deliver us a term of PP.

These guys like acting like they're already won, but we are a year and a half out, an eternity politically.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The poll wasn’t about leadership of the parties 

it was about which PARTY people would vote for today 

As for “The females” - the poll shows split by gender. One half is the “the males” polled, the other half is “the females” polled. 

attempts to imply I am a misogynist because I explained the graph are sad and show a lack of ability to focus on the topic. 

It seems no one wants the liberals in power other than a “fringe minority” 🤣 

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

The poll wasn’t about leadership of the parties 

it was about which PARTY people would vote for today 

As for “The females” - the poll shows split by gender. One half is the “the males” polled, the other half is “the females” polled. 

attempts to imply I am a misogynist because I explained the graph are sad and show a lack of ability to focus on the topic. 

It seems no one wants the liberals in power other than a “fringe minority” 🤣 

I didn't dig when people would call the Sedins 'The sisters' to demean them, either.

What country are you taking your big net worth to? and is that happening anytime soon?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2