Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Rook said:

The only thing adolescent is the fact you actually think costs of energy is causing our inflation 😂. Dude get your money back on that education.  I could have taught you more in a month of chats over coffee 🤦 

Watch out, someone's going to start crying victim here...

...ah, too late. :classic_rolleyes:

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Rook said:

The only thing adolescent is the fact you actually think costs of energy is causing our inflation 😂. Dude get your money back on that education.  I could have taught you more in a month of chats over coffee 🤦 

Wow 

so energy prices that have doubled in 2 years don’t drive inflation hey?

I guess food isn’t farmed 

Not transported 

not chilled at a store 

And all other products aren’t transported hey?

and of course those farmers and producers don’t pass those costs onto consumers huh?

wow just wow 

seems like you need one not me champ 

good god

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Wow 

so energy prices that have doubled in 2 years don’t drive inflation hey?

I guess food isn’t farmed 

Not transported 

not chilled at a store 

And all other products aren’t transported hey?

and of course those farmers and producers don’t pass those costs onto consumers huh?

wow just wow 

Hmmm amazing cause we haven’t seen those costs you speak of.. any increase of costs for shipping have been influenced by overseas shipping.  And no, costs haven’t doubled 🤦 when was gas 80 cents per litre?? Maybe you should have taken math 10!?  Would have helped you more than a useless business degree. 

14 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Better question 

Trudy has been asked about it repeatedly and won’t answer questions 

The fucking irony of this statement regarding Trudeau not answering questions posted by this person should not be lost on anyone especially as they are answering a question they were asked by...not answering it but instead asking a question 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Seems to me that has nothing to do with anything 

Why not?  Would you really expect J A Macdonald or Alexander Mackenzie to have wrung up huge debts?   Do you not think a total of 20 and 21st century debts may have had more meaning?   

If the intent of your image is to show how many prime ministers JT has outspent let's eliminate the ones who don't impact the figures in any meaningful way.   Otherwise people may just question the integrity of those who made and the image and as well as question their intent.   

I'd be willing to bet Harper spent a lot more than Macdonald, Mackenzie, Abbott, etc, but I would not use that fact to slag the man.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rook said:

Hmmm amazing cause we haven’t seen those costs you speak of.. any increase of costs for shipping have been influenced by overseas shipping.  And no, costs haven’t doubled 🤦 when was gas 80 cents per litre?? Maybe you should have taken math 10!?  Would have helped you more than a useless business degree. 

You have an interesting new theory on economics 

that energy prices don’t drive inflation (and probably think govt spending doesn’t either)

why don’t you write a masters thesis on this and see if you can defend it and have it published in a journal 

I’m sure the world needs such insightfully new economic laws! 

lmao 

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The fucking irony of this statement regarding Trudeau not answering questions posted by this person should not be lost on anyone especially as they are answering a question they were asked by...not answering it but instead asking a question 

Skippys whole campaign is built on irony

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Oh , he edited after I responded.

Good point hip. It's a bit like herding cats trying to get him to answer anything.

I still want to know where his big net worth is going and to what country.

It was a bragging point a few days ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Satchmo said:

Why not?  Would you really expect J A Macdonald or Alexander Mackenzie to have wrung up huge debts?   Do you not think a total of 20 and 21st century debts may have had more meaning?   

If the intent of your image is to show how many prime ministers JT has outspent let's eliminate the ones who don't impact the figures in any meaningful way.   Otherwise people may just question the integrity of those who made and the image and as well as question their intent.   

I'd be willing to bet Harper spent a lot more than Macdonald, Mackenzie, Abbott, etc, but I would not use that fact to slag the man.

Cumulative matters 

and that’s from 2021 not even the last 3 years 

good god you’re defending that level

of spending? 

Good thing Canada agrees with me 

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

that energy prices don’t drive inflation (and probably think govt spending doesn’t either)

why don’t you write a masters thesis on this and see if you can defend it and have it published in a journal 

lmao 

I’m righting a masters thesis right now in the empire I’m currently building.  See there’s folks like you with useless pieces of paper, then there’s guys like me who get into the world and put things into action.  Love the smarmy “need to right a thesis to understand” 😂 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

To help the country? Force some changes now? 

How can he force change?

Jagmeet is keeping the liberals in power 

he came out and said there’s traitors 

then said he’s not calling an election / vote of non confidence 

Maybe focus on Jagmeet dude 

5 minutes ago, Rook said:

I’m righting a masters thesis right now in the empire I’m currently building.  See there’s folks like you with useless pieces of paper, then there’s guys like me who get into the world and put things into action.  Love the smarmy “need to right a thesis to understand” 😂 

Look more insults 

what’s your masters thesis in? Gender studies?

good luck with the defence! I hope you are successful in defending it! 

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Look more insults 

good luck with the defence! I hope you are successful in defending it! 

The victim game, then a following up bigoted undertones.  Can’t make this up.  My thesis is in practical application of business!  Go to a university and argue with some folks on your level, the kids will love you. 

5 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Man, what are you doing?

I wonder if you realise that the way you converse might turn people away from the conservative party.

In fact it's rhetoric like you use that might help PP snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Look more insults and this one is a window.

How is that an insult? I asked what area of studies and wished him well on his defence 

By logic, your response would imply that subconsciously you think gender studies is an insult and are projecting. 

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rook said:

The victim game, then a following up bigoted undertones.  Can’t make this up.  My thesis is in practical application of business!  Go to a university and argue with some folks on your level, the kids will love you. 

Bigoted? Asking if he’s studying Gender studies is bigotry now? Maybe you have a problem with it not me…. It seems your assumption implies you do not me. Animated GIF

Edited by ArmchairGM22

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Man, what are you doing?

I wonder if you realise that the way you converse might turn people away from the conservative party.

In fact it's rhetoric like you use that might help PP snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

My comments don’t affect an election 

Trudy does 

IMG_7960.jpeg

Bigoted? Asking if he’s studying Gender studies is bigotry now? Maybe you have a problem with it not me…. It seems your assumption implies you do not me. Animated GIF

So, this is where you are not using intellectual honesty again.

You know it, everyone reading knows it. 

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

How is that an insult? I asked what area of studies and with him well on his defence 

By logic, your response would imply that subconsciously you think gender studies is an insult and are projecting. 

Of course you meant it as an insult.

I know you think everyone here is beneath you intellectually, but I can guarantee nobody believes that you meant that as anything but an insult.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

lmao 

Quick question since you know more about economics than the entire forum out together.

Who sets the prices of fuel.  Electricity.  LNG?

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Of course you meant it as an insult.

I know you think everyone here is beneath you intellectually, but I can guarantee nobody believes that you meant that as anything but an insult.

Sorry bud

you cannot read my mind as much as you think you can 

have a great day, conservatives are winning in a landslide 

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

How is that an insult? I asked what area of studies and with him well on his defence 

Why choose gender studies in your question to Rook when there are countless other fields of studies?   Why was I not the only one to question your choice?

• Thanks 1

My comments don’t affect an election 

Before the hate farming began, I was open to listening to other options.

But I cant roll with a bunch of victims. It's is partially comments like yours that turn me away. You might be doing the work of the Libs/NDP for them. 

NDP will likely get my vote again

• ThereItIs 1