Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Where?

I see nothing?

Can you actually post a video or credible link that shows us he is outright claiming and stating that the report says there are traitors in parliament?

It's at 1:30 of the video that was posted.  Do you need some help in figuring how to watch a video posted from an X account?

• Like 1

A re-elected Liberal government will:

Raise corporate income taxes on the largest, most profitable banks and insurance companies who earn more than $1 billion per year and introduce a temporary Canada Recovery Dividend that these companies would pay in recognition of the fact they have recovered faster and stronger than many other industries.

Create a minimum tax rule so that everyone who earns enough to qualify for the top bracket pays at least 15 % each year (the tax rate paid by people earning less than $49,000), removing their ability to artificially pay no tax through excessive use of deductions and credits.

Implement a tax on luxury cars, boats, and planes as outlined in Budget 2021.

Significantly increase the resources of the Canada Revenue Agency to combat aggressive tax planning and tax avoidance that allows the wealthiest to avoid paying the taxes they owe. This will increase CRA’s resources by up to $1 billion per year in order to close Canada’s tax gap.

Modernize the general anti-avoidance rule regime in order to focus on economic substance and restrict the ability of federally regulated entities, including financial institutions such as banks and insurance companies, to use tiered structures as a form of corporate tax planning that flows Canadian-derived profit through entities in low-tax jurisdictions in order to reduce taxes back in Canada.

Work with our international partners to implement a global minimum tax so that the biggest companies in the world are not able to escape the taxes they owe here in Canada.

Eliminate flow through shares for oil, gas, and coal projects to help promote clean growth and Canada’s transition to a net-zero economy.

Implement a national anti-flipping tax and move forward with Canada’s first ever national tax on non-resident, non-Canadians on vacant land and residential property.
    Move forward with a national tax on vaping products and require tobacco manufacturers to pay for the cost of federal public health investments in tobacco control.

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Next time I quote some information gathered by some liberal leaning organization you can look for something like this:

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate the C2C Journal Right Biased based on editorial positions that consistently align with conservative/libertarian perspectives. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a lack of transparency in disclosing ownership by the Manning Foundation.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It's at 1:30 of the video that was posted.  Do you need some help in figuring how to watch a video posted from an X account?

Not sure if it was him, but one of the gaggle of denialists literally said to me the following 

“he didn’t say there were traitors, he said there were traitorous actions by members”

i just can’t anymore lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Next time I quote some information gathered by some liberal leaning organization you can look for something like this:

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate the C2C Journal Right Biased based on editorial positions that consistently align with conservative/libertarian perspectives. We also rate them Mostly Factual rather than High due to a lack of transparency in disclosing ownership by the Manning Foundation.

Amazing 

rather than reading the DATA within the document and interpreting for yourself 

you don’t read it and outsource your brain 

yet again, fear of seeing factual reality. The economic data doesn’t lie. 

Cool beans 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

At the time of that post I don't think the video had actually been posted.

I and others recommend watching the video in full and without all the WireMedia edits.

Canada Foreign Meddling Report Sparks ‘Traitors’ Accusation - Bloomberg

Canada Foreign Meddling Report Sparks ‘Traitors’ Accusation

The leader of Canada’s third-largest national party said some of the country’s lawmakers were “traitors” who should be banned from Parliament and face prosecution after he read a classified report on foreign interference in the democracy.

“What they’re doing is unethical, it is in some cases against the law, and they are indeed traitors to the country,” said Jagmeet Singh, leader of the New Democratic Party.

What part of this statement is confusing to some people?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Canada Foreign Meddling Report Sparks ‘Traitors’ Accusation - Bloomberg

Canada Foreign Meddling Report Sparks ‘Traitors’ Accusation

The leader of Canada’s third-largest national party said some of the country’s lawmakers were “traitors” who should be banned from Parliament and face prosecution after he read a classified report on foreign interference in the democracy.

“What they’re doing is unethical, it is in some cases against the law, and they are indeed traitors to the country,” said Jagmeet Singh, leader of the New Democratic Party.

What part of this statement is confusing to some people?

Nothing at all.   At what point did you enter this conversation?  Are you sure you haven't missed anything?

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

A re-elected Liberal government will:

Raise corporate income taxes on the largest, most profitable banks and insurance companies who earn more than $1 billion per year and introduce a temporary Canada Recovery Dividend that these companies would pay in recognition of the fact they have recovered faster and stronger than many other industries.

Create a minimum tax rule so that everyone who earns enough to qualify for the top bracket pays at least 15 % each year (the tax rate paid by people earning less than $49,000), removing their ability to artificially pay no tax through excessive use of deductions and credits.

Implement a tax on luxury cars, boats, and planes as outlined in Budget 2021.

Significantly increase the resources of the Canada Revenue Agency to combat aggressive tax planning and tax avoidance that allows the wealthiest to avoid paying the taxes they owe. This will increase CRA’s resources by up to $1 billion per year in order to close Canada’s tax gap.

Modernize the general anti-avoidance rule regime in order to focus on economic substance and restrict the ability of federally regulated entities, including financial institutions such as banks and insurance companies, to use tiered structures as a form of corporate tax planning that flows Canadian-derived profit through entities in low-tax jurisdictions in order to reduce taxes back in Canada.

Work with our international partners to implement a global minimum tax so that the biggest companies in the world are not able to escape the taxes they owe here in Canada.

Eliminate flow through shares for oil, gas, and coal projects to help promote clean growth and Canada’s transition to a net-zero economy.

Implement a national anti-flipping tax and move forward with Canada’s first ever national tax on non-resident, non-Canadians on vacant land and residential property.
    Move forward with a national tax on vaping products and require tobacco manufacturers to pay for the cost of federal public health investments in tobacco control.

Trudeau has been in power 9 years and he's just getting around to implementing these strategies IF he gets re-elected for a 4th term?  

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

10 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Amazing 

rather than reading the DATA within the document and interpreting for yourself 

you don’t read it and outsource your brain 

yet again, fear of seeing factual reality. The economic data doesn’t lie. 

Cool beans 

Cool beans,  Beep Boop, and other words of wisdom.  

Look, I know what shape our economy is in.   I know what the polls say.   I know how data can be manipulated and spun.   I know how biases influence what people write and say.  I know how to distinguish promises from plans.  What I do not know is how a Conservative government led by PP is going to change anything for the better.   

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Why are people struggling financially? Good leadership or bad?

and who said conspiracy? I think Trudy is an incompetent, imbecile who’s also a sociopathic narcissist. 

The fact that he is running for a 4th term and has no desire to resign tells me he is somewhat of a dictator.  Or at least has those thoughts in his head.  I mean who the hell would run for a 4th term when they are being destroyed in the polls and their popularity is at an all time low?  Even Chretien resigned after 10 years and 3 terms...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Angry Box GIF by Percolate Galactic

I keep waiting for you to actually say something of interest to the discussion without resorting to memes or someone else's graphics.   I think I may be waiting for a while. 

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

Seems like a great time to increase corporate tax. lol

by the time Oct 2025 comes around we are going to be in complete shambles. 

Thankfully it is only a campaign promise so I don't think Trudeau will actually get around to implementing it...

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Cool beans,  Beep Boop, and other words of wisdom.  

Look, I know what shape our economy is in.   I know what the polls say.   I know how data can be manipulated and spun.   I know how biases influence what people write and say.  I know how to distinguish promises from plans.  What I do not know is how a Conservative government led by PP is going to change anything for the better.   

The reason you don’t know is because you’re blindly bias. It could be explained over and over in great detail but you cannot accept it because your mind is already made up. 

liberals vote with emotion, conservatives vote with logic. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Lol of course this is your contribution.

Did you watch the FULL video or do you need help watching and finding a credible source that doesn't fit your confirmation bias

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Sadly so many people are struggling to find good paying jobs that they will vote for a Conservative Party that has Poo Poo as their leader and future PM. 
IMHAO Poo Poo and the Cons will cut our social safety net and only do harm to the very people who elected them (him) 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

As a person holding a doctorate in hamster breeding I concur

I feel unqualified to enter this conversation. I only hold a certificate in bovine scatology

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Lol of course this is your contribution.

Did you watch the FULL video or do you need help watching and finding a credible source that doesn't fit your confirmation bias

You seem really confused 

3 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

A visit to Joosten's X account left me wondering if he is Chicken Little or an unknown genius who just complains a lot.  I say unknown because he really has very few followers.  I also notice that some of his older graphs showing things in 'Global Financial Collapse Territory', 'Great Depression Territory' or 'Recession Territory' did not actually lead to any of those events.

4 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Cool, now do corporate profits, or even better, corporate profits vs wages. 

Nope.

That won't promote their statements and would prove there's more to things than their 5 images suggest