Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Sadly so many people are struggling to find good paying jobs that they will vote for a Conservative Party that has Poo Poo as their leader and future PM. 
IMHAO Poo Poo and the Cons will cut our social safety net and only do harm to the very people who elected them (him) 

You mean the social safety net that we can’t pay for? How about we generate some revenue and get the economy back on track. 

Again, anyone who isn’t on board with some change is blindly bias and highly emotional just like your PM. These social safety nets you’re talking about aren’t doing shit. There is absolutely no data anywhere, ever, that shows any kind of government social spending increase decreasing poverty in correlation. So please, everyone needs to stop with this leaving the poor people behind bullshit. Do struggling families want free dental or a fucking job? This isn’t Norway with 5,000,000 people and a national oil company to pay for social programs. 

You can’t borrow money to pay for social programs guys. I don’t know how anyone can’t understand that. How you can throw that in a conservatives face with the exact opposite result since the liberals took office. 

Y’all better toughen up, you’re fixing to get pounded in the federal election. 

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

The reason you don’t know is because you’re blindly bias. It could be explained over and over in great detail but you cannot accept it because your mind is already made up. 

liberals vote with emotion, conservatives vote with logic. 

I am biased to be sure.  We all are to one degree or another whether we admit to it or not.  How about you?

'liberals vote with emotion, conservatives vote with logic.'?     Seriously?   Describing groups of people in that way shows a bias and is also quite illogical.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Nope.

That won't promote their statements and would prove there's more to things than their 5 images suggest

I guess you guys are all on the “grocers are gouging” propaganda too?

pro tip 

Revenue isn’t profit

Go look at their historical profit margins, they are within their normal range. 

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

Why do so many posts end with a gloating remark like this?  Are your arguments not strong enough to stand on their own?

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

You mean the social safety net that we can’t pay for? How about we generate some revenue and get the economy back on track. 

Again, anyone who isn’t on board with some change is blindly bias and highly emotional just like your PM. These social safety nets you’re talking about aren’t doing shit. There is absolutely no data anywhere, ever, that shows any kind of government social spending increase decreasing poverty in correlation. So please, everyone needs to stop with this leaving the poor people behind bullshit. Do struggling families want free dental or a fucking job? This isn’t Norway with 5,000,000 people and a national oil company to pay for social programs. 

You can’t borrow money to pay for social programs guys. I don’t know how anyone can’t understand that. How you can throw that in a conservatives face with the exact opposite result since the liberals took office. 

Snd that’s the sad irony. The people who are responsible for electing the Cons and Poo Poo will be the folks who are most negatively impacted by what the Cons will cut. 
And old drunk Alf is a conservative in most respects. He just understands that Poo Poo is bad news for those Canadians who are struggling financially. Struggling folks need help via our social safety net.

Edited by Alflives

Well said 

2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I am biased to be sure.  We all are to one degree or another whether we admit to it or not.  How about you?

'liberals vote with emotion, conservatives vote with logic.'?     Seriously?   Describing groups of people in that way shows a bias and is also quite illogical.

Look at the results buddy. I don’t gotta say shit. Look around at what 9 years of this tool has produced. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I guess you guys are all on the “grocers are gouging” propaganda too?

pro tip 

Revenue isn’t profit

Go look at their historical profit margins, they are within their normal range. 

There we are....that ECON degree proves invaluable once again....:classic_rolleyes:

Snd that’s the sad irony. The people who are responsible for electing the Cons and Poo Poo will be the folks who are most negatively impacted by what the Cons will cut. 

Sure Alf 

but you agreed the country is in an economic mess

its quite clear who got us there 

how do we get out? The only way is reducing spending, Lowering taxes to spur economic growth 

Just now, NoHeart said:

Look at the results buddy. I don’t gotta say shit. Look around at what 9 years of this tool has produced. 

How is that a response to anything I said?    If you don't gotta say shit then why are you (buddy)?

You’re what? 60? Maybe I’d take you more seriously if you spoke like an adult. You’re not a fictional 80’s puppet. Poo poo isn’t cute. 

explain to me how a conservative is going to be more negatively impacted by the cuts lol. You just pulled that completely out of this air. 

• Like 1

I think most of these people live off daddy govt or their family. 

no one paying their own bills, mortgages etc has not noticed a significant decline in their economic well being under Trudeau 

it’s the only explanation I have for the level Of denial I see here 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Rook said:

The victim game, then a following up bigoted undertones.  Can’t make this up.  My thesis is in practical application of business!  Go to a university and argue with some folks on your level, the kids will love you. 

I think middle school would be a better place.  Someone needs to explain to him that GED is not an economics degree.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

There we are....that ECON degree proves invaluable once again....:classic_rolleyes:

Actually basic financial statement analysis isn’t economics it’s finance 

but good try! I’m curious what value you add here other than trying (unsuccessfully) to troll me 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

Just now, Satchmo said:

How is that a response to anything I said?    If you don't gotta say shit then why are you (buddy)?

Why would I even waste my time explaining things to someone who is so blindly bias that you’re looking forward to another JT term. We don’t speak the same language. I have absolutely nothing more to say to you. 

One thing that stands out to me about the current crop of conservative posters, is this Trumpian narrative that we're somehow living in some dystopian hell hole...all thanks to Justin Trudeau....I'm doing better than I ever have and my three kids are doing just fine as well.

Maybe these people are just more entitled? :classic_unsure:

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

but good try! I’m curious what value you add here other than trying (unsuccessfully) to troll me 

There's a handy feature on profiles called reputation that will help you see that people find his posts valuable.  Let me know if you need an adult to help show it to you.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Sure Alf 

but you agreed the country is in an economic mess

its quite clear who got us there 

how do we get out? The only way is reducing spending, Lowering taxes to spur economic growth 

We lack good paying resource industry and manufacturing jobs. The current problems financially for folks are a consequence of many decades of government policies; it not just during the current Pretty Boy led Liberals term. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

There's a handy feature on profiles called reputation that will help you see that people find his posts valuable.  Let me know if you need an adult to help show it to you.

Why are you so angry at the economic stats I have posted?

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

no one paying their own bills, mortgages etc has not noticed a significant decline in their economic well being under Trudeau 

I’ve never seen anything like it. I believe people have just completely lost hope on making it in the world on their own so they’ve just pushed all their chips into the government helping them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

The same value you get out of calling our PM "Trudy", or using perjorative phrases like "Gender Studies".

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

One thing that stands out to me about the current crop of conservative posters, is this Trumpian narrative that we're somehow living in some dystopian hell hole...all thanks to Justin Trudeau....I'm doing better than I ever have and my three kids are doing just fine as well.

And here we thought you were a kind caring liberal who cares for his fellow man! 🤣 

the economy is great! 

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.7006464

IMG_7961.jpeg

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Hold on, cause come next October, you’re going to be doing even better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

The same value you get out of calling our PM "Trudy", or using perjorative phrases like "Gender Studies".

Interesting, are you Trudeau? Why are you so offended by me calling him Trudy that you spend your weekend insulting an anonymous person posting his poor economic performance on a Canucks site?

doesn’t sound to healthy to me. Anyways be well 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

There's another:

You don't know WTF you're talking about.

• Upvote 1