Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I guess you guys are all on the “grocers are gouging” propaganda too?

pro tip 

Revenue isn’t profit

Go look at their historical profit margins, they are within their normal range. 

Lol

It's like...everything you post is a lie and so easily proven to be wrong that it's like wailing on a toddler

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/12/12/canada-grocery-industry-record-profits/#:~:text=The Centre for Future Work,before the COVID-19 pandemic.

Using data from Statistics Canada, the report says the net income margin on food and beverage retailing has consistently exceeded three per cent of total revenues since mid-2021, more than double the average margin between 2015 and 2019

https://centreforfuturework.ca/2023/12/10/new-data-on-continued-record-profits-in-canadian-food-retail/

The latest industry-wide financial data on food retail (produced by Statistics Canada for the third quarter of 2023) shows that food retail profits have more than doubled since pre-pandemic norms, and profits continue to grow.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/address-excessive-profits-in-food-sector-report

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Lol

It's like...everything you post is a lie and so easily proven to be wrong that it's like wailing on a toddler

https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2023/12/12/canada-grocery-industry-record-profits/#:~:text=The Centre for Future Work,before the COVID-19 pandemic.

Using data from Statistics Canada, the report says the net income margin on food and beverage retailing has consistently exceeded three per cent of total revenues since mid-2021, more than double the average margin between 2015 and 2019

https://centreforfuturework.ca/2023/12/10/new-data-on-continued-record-profits-in-canadian-food-retail/

The latest industry-wide financial data on food retail (produced by Statistics Canada for the third quarter of 2023) shows that food retail profits have more than doubled since pre-pandemic norms, and profits continue to grow.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/address-excessive-profits-in-food-sector-report

are you looking at the dates?

are you aware that the profit drivers have been non food items that the stores sell now? 

Good lord your gotcha moments are just not 

leftists have concept of economics or finance 

they don’t read, they don’t analyze 

they just say look look!!!

margin increases from loblaws as an example as it’s been in the news have been driven by non food items 

food margins have stayed constant 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

Hold on, cause come next October, you’re going to be doing even better. 

Probably....but will have little, (if anything) to do with Pierre Pollievre.

TBH, I'm far more concerned about the impact the next election will have on the environment that I will the economy....

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Lol

So who is in charge? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Look at the results buddy. I don’t gotta say shit. Look around at what 9 years of this tool has produced. 

Ok again this is important.

The Liberals had a majority from 2015-2019.

From 2019-2024 they've been in a minority government.

From March 2020 through August 2022 an all party committee of MPs and Senators from all 4 major parties dictated and agreed on spending and legislation as a group.

This means that for over 2 years the highest levels of spending and some of the more questionable legislative decisions have come from a majority consent between 2 to 4 of the major parties and has been a 2 or more party agreement since 2019.

This is a simple and immutable fact that is and has been completely ignored by people with a serious bias since 2019.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Lol

I’m curious if you think the govt would admit carbon taxes are increases food costs lol

4 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Interesting, are you Trudeau? Why are you so offended by me calling him Trudy that you spend your weekend insulting an anonymous person posting his poor economic performance on a Canucks site?

doesn’t sound to healthy to me. Anyways be well 

Same to you. I hope the next site you join after being banned from this one is more accepting of your misogyny and condescension....

I can’t wait to read the meltdowns here in 2025 

hopefully Jagmeet grows a pair and submits a vote of non confidence prior 

but he needs his pension and clearly even treason isn’t more important than his lifetime 300k a year 

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Probably....but will have little, (if anything) to do with Pierre Pollievre.

TBH, I'm far more concerned about the impact the next election will have on the environment that I will the economy....

Yes because taxing carbon is a proactive way to fix the environment. How about improving the business environment and allowing free enterprise to grow the Canadian green space organically. A carbon tax hurts, the fruit/ organic farmers more than it lowers carbon emissions. It’s completely detrimental to its cause. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

So who is in charge? 

I'll ask you the same question I asked that other...person.

Maybe you'll be able to provide me an answer that isn't just another question or complete dismissal.

Who controls the price of fuel, energy, food and housing in Canada?

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Same to you. I hope the next site you join after being banned from this one is more accepting of your misogyny and condescension....

You’re still insulting me over data that shows the liberal govt is a failure that most Canadians agree 

weird 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

12 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

One thing that stands out to me about the current crop of conservative posters, is this Trumpian narrative that we're somehow living in some dystopian hell hole...all thanks to Justin Trudeau....I'm doing better than I ever have and my three kids are doing just fine as well.

Maybe these people are just more entitled? :classic_unsure:

My brother in law is a hard core Pepi Le Pew follower. He was a DJ making 100 bucks a weekend before JT came to the PM seat. He currently makes over 200k selling ads on apps the company he works for buys to monetize. 

he thinks, with his new 1.5million dollar house that somehow life is worse now than it was ten years ago for him. lulz. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ok again this is important.

The Liberals had a majority from 2015-2019.

From 2019-2024 they've been in a minority government.

From March 2020 through August 2022 an all party committee of MPs and Senators from all 4 major parties dictated and agreed on spending and legislation as a group.

This means that for over 2 years the highest levels of spending and some of the more questionable legislative decisions have come from a majority consent between 2 to 4 of the major parties and has been a 2 or more party agreement since 2019.

This is a simple and immutable fact that is and has been completely ignored by people with a serious bias since 2019.

Dude, come on lol. The conservatives do not have a majority. They cannot push any of their policies. The NDP and liberals combined do and that’s one of the reasons our polices have gone even further left. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

You’re still insulting me over data that shows the liberal govt is a failure that most Canadians agree 

weird 

Is inflation going down?

Are wages up?

Who controls the prices of food, fuel energy and housing in Canada?

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

but he needs his pension and clearly even treason isn’t more important than his lifetime 300k a year 

will you still like the Conservative Party when it is revealed that two of their sitting members are the ones you are referring to as "treasonous" and their leadership was the one that was completely interfered with by foreign powers?

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

My brother in law is a hard core Pepi Le Pew follower. He was a DJ making 100 bucks a weekend before JT came to the PM seat. He currently makes over 200k selling ads on apps the company he works for buys to monetize. 

he thinks, with his new 1.5million dollar house that somehow life is worse now than it was ten years ago for him. lulz. 

Well depending on what city he’s in a 1.5 mil house is not much house anymore 

ten years ago it was a huge new home 

• Haha 1

Just now, NoHeart said:

Yes because taxing carbon is a proactive way to fix the environment. How about improving the business environment and allowing free enterprise to grow the Canadian green space organically. A carbon tax hurts, the fruit/ organic farmers more than it lowers carbon emissions. It’s completely detrimental to its cause. 

The Carbon Tax is just one part of an overall CC mitigation strategy.

As to the other conclusions you draw about it, I disagree.

Just now, Warhippy said:

Is inflation going down?

Are wages up?

You do realize inflation declining doesn’t mean prices decline right?

it means they’re not rising as fast 

the 40% increases in groceries and gas etc are not going down in the future they just won’t rise as much 

🤦‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I wonder what you new account name will be when that happens?

Just now, NoHeart said:

Dude, come on lol. The conservatives do not have a majority. They cannot push any of their policies. The NDP and liberals combined do and that’s one of the reasons our polices have gone even further left. 

You're ignoring the fact that since 2019 the nation and it's finances have been run by or agreed upon by 2 or more parties.

The over $350 billion in COVID spending was done by all 4 parties.  This is an inarguable fact.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'll ask you the same question I asked that other...person.

Maybe you'll be able to provide me an answer that isn't just another question or complete dismissal.

Who controls the price of fuel, energy, food and housing in Canada?

If nothing is the government’s fault the what are yall worried about? 

Just now, RupertKBD said:

The Carbon Tax is just one part of an overall CC mitigation strategy.

As to the other conclusions you draw about it, I disagree.

Curious 

“mitigation strategy”

does taxing Canadians lower global temperatures?

If so where’s the data?

I didn’t realize temperatures over countries were like a thermostat where if we turn down our carbon it will get cooler here

lmao

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

You do realize inflation declining doesn’t mean prices decline right?

it means they’re not rising as fast 

the 40% increases in groceries and gas etc are not going down in the future they just won’t rise as much 

🤦‍♂️ 

Answer the questions.

As an economics expert it should be very easy

Is inflation going down?

Are wages up?

Edited by Warhippy

5 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

weird 

I'm telling you what I think of you....much like when I called BS on you're alleged Business degree....

If you choose to be "insulted", I suppose that's a cross I'll have to bear....