Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

You're ignoring the fact that since 2019 the nation and it's finances have been run by or agreed upon by 2 or more parties.

The over $350 billion in COVID spending was done by all 4 parties.  This is an inarguable fact.

That was 5 YEARS AGO all the other developed economies are emerging from Covid. We are actually departing from the US GDP growth curve. We are doing horrible in comparison to our peers 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Curious 

“mitigation strategy”

does taxing Canadians lower global temperatures?

If so where’s the data?

I didn’t realize temperatures over countries were like a thermostat where if we turn down our carbon it will get cooler here

lmao

That nonsensical sentence just outlines your lack of understanding of the issue.

You should stick to scintillating insight, such as "revenue doesn't equal profit"....:classic_rolleyes:

Just now, NoHeart said:

That was 5 YEARS AGO all the other developed economies are emerging from Covid. We are actually departing from the US GDP growth curve. We are doing horrible in comparison to our peers 

These are again simple facts.  29 months of 4 party spending of over $350 billion.

5 years of our nation being run by a minority government.

Do you understand why this is an important fact to the narrative you are pushing?

9 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I’m curious if you think the govt would admit carbon taxes are increases food costs lol

how many cans of soup fit on one tractor trailer? 

How much extra costs in gas per trip do you think there will be at 3.3 cents a litre? 

$20.00

So yeah, carbon taxes are pushing the price of each can up, how much you ask?

less than 1 penny each item. 

But you do you. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

If nothing is the government’s fault the what are yall worried about? 

Only the Con supporters are worried. We are still a way better country than the US. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Warhippy said:

Answer the questions.

As an economics expert it should be very easy

Is inflation going down?

Are wages up?

Who controls the prices of food, fuel energy and housing in Canada?

Yes inflation is going down 

because the BOC had to raise rates at an unprecedented pace due to Trudeau’s incompetence 

real wages are not up across the board govt and unions yes, but certainly not enough to overcome the last 3 years of inflation- there’s more to numbers than one little headline dude 

Markets set prices

govt intervention in markets such as carbon taxes distort market dynamics and increase costs 

🤦‍♂️ 

19 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Why would I even waste my time explaining things to someone who is so blindly bias that you’re looking forward to another JT term. We don’t speak the same language. I have absolutely nothing more to say to you. 

Now that is truly a biased, uninformed, and illogical statement.  

Please show me a post in which I say I am looking forward to another JT term.  To keep you from wasting your time looking, I'll just promise you there are none.

You will find many posts where I voice my distrust for PP.  Having to choose between the two is something I hope we all can avoid next year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

how many cans of soup fit on one tractor trailer? 

How much extra costs in gas per trip do you think there will be at 3.3 cents a litre? 

$20.00

So yeah, carbon taxes are pushing the price of each can up, how much you ask?

less than 1 penny each item. 

But you do you. 

And I guess you think the can of soup magically appeared?

no chickens for chicken noodle 

no noodles 

no farmers farming the wheat

no feed 

no heat for their barns 

no gas for transport 

no nat gas for the farm 

no nat gas / electricity for the grocer 

no energy for the can maker 

no gas for the can makers delivery truck 

No energy for the miners mining the aluminum for the can 

no gas for them to transport it to melt it down and process 

no processing energy 

no energy to mold the cans 

no hst on top of that 

🤦‍♂️ 

and your 3 cents a litre is hilariously wrong 

such simpletons 

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Yes inflation is going down 

because the BOC had to raise rates at an unprecedented pace due to Trudeau’s incompetence 

real wages are not up across the board govt and unions yes, but certainly not enough to overcome the last 3 years of inflation- there’s more to numbers than one little headline dude 

Markets set prices

govt intervention in markets such as carbon taxes distort market dynamics and increase costs 

🤦‍♂️ 

Infographic: Which G7 Economies Have the Highest Inflation? | Statista

I just didn't realize the breadth and width of Trudeau's incompetence..not only has he buggered inflation in Canada, but He single Handedly buggered inflation in the UK, Italy, Germany and France EVEN WORSE than here!!!!

Seriously, only Japan of the G7 nations has lower inflation than Canada..get a grip. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Infographic: Which G7 Economies Have the Highest Inflation? | Statista

I just didn't realize the breadth and width of Trudeau's incompetence..not only has he buggered inflation in Canada, but He single Handedly buggered inflation in the UK, Italy, Germany and France EVEN WORSE than here!!!!

Seriously, only Japan of the G7 nations has lower inflation than Canada..get a grip. 

And guess what! 

it would be way lower if he wasn’t spending like the coke addict trust fund baby he is and there was no carbon tax!!!

isn’t that weird! 

• Haha 1
  • Wiener 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

And I guess you think the can of soup magically appeared?

no chickens for chicken noodle 

no noodles 

no famers 

no feed 

no heat for their barns 

no gas for transport 

no nat gas for the farm 

no nat gas / electricity for the grocer 

no hat on top of that 

🤦‍♂️ 

and your 3 cents a litre is hilariously wrong 

I will cede you that i was talking about the latest hike, not the total. 

Lets give you a whole penny per can for each of your line items, and a penny per can for the driver to deliver the cans, about 100 times per can what it is in reality. 
10 cents a can for carbon tax in increases, yet the price of a can of cambells chicken noodle went from 80 cents to 2.49.

I know for a fact carbon pricing has nothing to do with that price hike because i own Loblaws shares and my latest dividend cut off was a few days ago and i am going to get a drip more than half the folks earn in a month. Don't hate the playa folks. Loblaws is still the cheapest place around for a basket of groceries but they are making record profits and paying them out to shareholders like me. 

3 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

How can he force change?

Jagmeet is keeping the liberals in power 

he came out and said there’s traitors 

then said he’s not calling an election / vote of non confidence 

Maybe focus on Jagmeet dude 

hey dude, if PP has a great idea on the economy or housing and is sitting on it, then he's an asshole. Oh wait... 

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

And guess what! 

it would be way lower if he wasn’t spending like the coke addict trust fund baby he is and there was no carbon tax!!!

isn’t that weird! 

I like that you have decided to just be a caricature of a random freedom convoy Peter Poutine lover. it makes for entertaining reading. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

I like that you have decided to just be a caricature of a random freedom convoy Peter Poutine lover. it makes for entertaining reading. 

Don’t let economic facts get in the way of Your realties folks! 

I hear the carbon tax  makes 80% of the country wealthier lol

Edited by ArmchairGM22

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The fact that he is running for a 4th term and has no desire to resign tells me he is somewhat of a dictator.  Or at least has those thoughts in his head.  I mean who the hell would run for a 4th term when they are being destroyed in the polls and their popularity is at an all time low?  Even Chretien resigned after 10 years and 3 terms...

Kinda like that FDR guy.  Minus the war I guess but still. There were a lot of dictators around in those days so I guess one more didn't matter much.

Now I know how you feel about JT; you know how I feel.  I just thought that statement was a bit over the top.

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

this was explained to you 

why are you asking again ?

no I get it, your guru apparently is full of great ideas to fix an irreparably broken Canada, which I'm supposed to take on faith, but he's waiting for the election to let us all in on it. Which makes him an asshole. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

hey dude, if PP has a great idea on the economy or housing and is sitting on it, then he's an asshole. Oh wait... 

Shouldn’t Trudeau be the one who has some great ideas since he’s the one actually currently running the country and has the power to implement change?

Or are you acknowledging that Trudeau has no new ideas and should therefore resign? 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Shouldn’t Trudeau be the one who was some great ideas since he’s the one actually currently running the country and has the power to implement change?

Or are you acknowledging that Trudeau has no new ideas and should therefore resign? 

the liberals do have some good ideas. Do you like increased oil and gas production, e.g.? I'm sure you do. 

Many folks are very happy with the start of pharma and dental programs, theres another one.

Billions are being put into new housing projects, oops there's one more. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

That nonsensical sentence just outlines your lack of understanding of the issue.

You should stick to scintillating insight, such as "revenue doesn't equal profit"....:classic_rolleyes:

So you’re saying the carbon tax doesn’t lower global temperatures or that over Canada? 

great you agree! We agree finally! 

so why are we paying it? Isn’t it to help lower global temperatures? Or is it simply a govt money grab?

Edited by ArmchairGM22

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Jagmeet didn’t use the word “traitor”?

Did you watch the FULL video?

If so you know he did and WHY he did and WHAT he was referring to.

Guess what

It isn't the same as an edited short sound bite from a questionable Twitter source.

Fancy that

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

So you’re saying the carbon tax doesn’t lower global temperatures or that over Canada

great you agree 

so why are we paying it? Isn’t it to help lower global temperatures? Or is it simply a govt money grab?

lets say it is a "money grab". What program is PP going to cut if he takes it away?

But more importantly, how will PP control gas companies from simply gouging and keeping prices high?