Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Kinda like that FDR guy.  Minus the war I guess but still. There were a lot of dictators around in those days so I guess one more didn't matter much.

Now I know how you feel about JT; you know how I feel.  I just thought that statement was a bit over the top.

There were no term limits in 1940 when FDR ran for a 3rd term. Something that the USA fixed like almost 100 years ago. 

Maybe it’s time Canada fixed the problem too? 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

the liberals do have some good ideas. Do you like increased oil and gas production, e.g.? I'm sure you do. 

Many folks are very happy with the start of pharma and dental programs, theres another one.

Billions are being put into new housing projects, oops there's one more. 

Last I heard 8 dentists had signed up for your free dental. The subsidy is not enough to entice them 

your house building works out to about 2k per house. It won’t pay for the windows 

do some research 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

There were no term limits in 1940 when FDR ran for a 3rd term. Something that the USA fixed like almost 100 years ago. 

And add in an amendment to remove a govt from office if it’s not following the will of the people 

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

So you’re saying the carbon tax doesn’t lower global temperatures or that over Canada

great you agree 

so why are we paying it? Isn’t it to help lower global temperatures? Or is it simply a govt money grab?

Once again, you show that you're clueless when it comes to this subject. I suggest you read this: https://www.canucksfanforum.com/topic/35-climate-change-thread/#comments

It should address all of your misconceptions and those of your compadres ITT who are equally fact-challenged when it comes to CC....

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Last I heard 8 dentists had signed up for your free dental. The subsidy is not enough to entice them 

your house building works out to about 2k per house. It won’t pay for the windows 

do some research 

yeah... its over 5,000 but keep trying sparky.

Honestly you are doing a lot of harm to anyone on the fence about PP. You're clearly enjoying the troll role, but dude, you are botching the plan. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Once again, you show that you're clueless when it comes to this subject. I suggest you read this: https://www.canucksfanforum.com/topic/35-climate-change-thread/#comments

It should address all of your misconceptions and those of your compadres ITT who are equally fact-challenged when it comes to CC....

Why won’t you answer the question.

does it Lower global temperatures or not 

Just now, Bob Long said:

yeah... its over 5,000 but keep trying sparky.

Honestly you are doing a lot of harm to anyone on the fence about PP. You're clearly enjoying the troll role, but dude, you are botching the plan. 

Wow that sounds like a really fancy cardboard box house for 5k

does it come with a stove?

Term limits came in 49 so 75 years ago.  Canada's gonna Canada.  We'll see what they do.

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Wow that sounds like a really fancy cardboard box house for 5k

does it come with a stove?

reading comprehension Skip, over 5,000 dentists. 

And no you are again lying on the housing info. 

It's like you think Google was made just for you. 

56 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

There is absolutely no data anywhere, ever, that shows any kind of government social spending increase decreasing poverty in correlation. So please, everyone needs to stop with this leaving the poor people behind bullshit.

So no data exists to show a correlation? Or just no data you’d accept? Statscan disagrees.

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2021/as-sa/98-200-X/2021009/98-200-x2021009-eng.cfm

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

the liberals do have some good ideas. Do you like increased oil and gas production, e.g.? I'm sure you do. 

Many folks are very happy with the start of pharma and dental programs, theres another one.

Billions are being put into new housing projects, oops there's one more. 

Pharma and dental programs have nothing to do with the Liberals. They actually rejected them. It’s the NDP that got them passed because they threatened calling a non confidence vote on Trudeau. 

As for housing, Trudeau has had 9 years. Why did it take him so long to implement some changes?  Do we need to wait another 9 years for any more new housing projects? 

• Like 1

Just now, NoHeart said:

Remember when Trudeau used the Emergencies Act to suppress the Freedom Convoy...then it was ruled unconstitutional in Jan 2024?

remember how it is being appealed- as either 'side' would have done.

This is Supreme Court bound- and always was.

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

Remember when Trudeau used the Emergencies Act to suppress the Freedom Convoy...then it was ruled unconstitutional in Jan 2024?

by a provincial court, which is under appeal. Just to keep this in the realm of facts. 

Those convoy twits shitting on peoples lawns sure won some hearts out there though. 

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Are you really complaining about somebody not answering a question?  Somehow I do not expect a response though you may feel trapped and just have to answer now.  Please don't bother.

Just now, 4petesake said:

So no data exists to show a correlation? Or just no data you’d accept? Statscan disagrees.

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2021/as-sa/98-200-X/2021009/98-200-x2021009-eng.cfm

I hear Communist Russia and North Korea are shining examples of govt intervention in industry 

have you read any history on that?

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Over time, reducing emissions will lower temperatures globally, so the answer is yes. The purpose of the CT is to limit the use of fossil fuels, which would reduce emissions.

I can't explain it in greater detail to someone with no understanding of Climate Change, so you'll have to read through the thread to achieve a greater understanding. Rest assured, all of your questions have been addressed in that thread. Many times.

Pharma and dental programs have nothing to do with the Liberals. They actually rejected them. It’s the NDP that got them passed because they threatened calling a non confidence vote on Trudeau. 

thats funny, they are the ones also voting for it, and actually implementing it. 

As for housing, Trudeau has had 9 years. Why did it take him so long to implement some changes?  Do we need to wait another 9 years for any more new housing projects? 

we all dropped the ball on housing, as well you know. No one was going to want the equity party to end, and coming from someone like you supposedly in the business thats really funny. 

2 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

No.   I remember a single judge reluctantly ruling in that way in order that the Supreme court may give a final answer on the matter.   Please stay tuned.

Just now, Satchmo said:

Are you really complaining about somebody not answering a question?  Somehow I do not expect a response though you may feel trapped and just have to answer now.  Please don't bother.

If the carbon tax is doing its job 

global temperatures should have declined

did the weather gods the libs pray to get angry or something? Do we need to pay the gods more taxes? 

Trudeau can’t balance a budget but thinks he can alter the weather 

amazing 😂 

24 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

But a commission where Trudeau appointed the commissioner said otherwise. So the federal courts must be wrong. Oh and the Supreme Court hasn’t ruled yet. You know the Supreme Court has to rule on everything. Lower courts shouldn’t even exist really. Just send every case right to the top. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • ThereItIs 1