Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Term limits came in 49 so 75 years ago.  Canada's gonna Canada.  We'll see what they do.

Some of us think the Yanks fucked that up....

FDR is consistently ranked in the top 2 or 3 US Presidents and Obama would have mopped the floor with Bone Spurs. I'd say term limits did tremendous damage to the US and by extension, the entire planet....

Russia and North Korea are happy though....

• Cheers 1

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

If the carbon tax is doing its job 

global temperatures should have declined

did the weather gods the libs pray to get angry or something? Do we need to pay the gods more taxes? 

Trudeau can’t balance a budget but thinks he can alter the weather 

amazing 😂 

But that doesn't answer my question...

BTW - the concern is climate; not weather.

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

by a provincial court, which is under appeal. Just to keep this in the realm of facts. 

Those convoy twits shitting on peoples lawns sure won some hearts out there though. 

It was ruled unconstitutional by a FEDERAL court.  Just so we are accurate here and operating on facts. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

reading comprehension Skip, over 5,000 dentists. 

And no you are again lying on the housing info. 

It's like you think Google was made just for you. 

To be fair Jimmy, he's an expert in Economics, not English....

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Last I heard 8 dentists had signed up for your free dental. The subsidy is not enough to entice them 

your house building works out to about 2k per house. It won’t pay for the windows 

do some research 

Windows cost a lot more than 2k per house to be totally fair. 

I would say it’s enough to pay for the excavation and maybe some of the foundational work. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

11 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Over time, reducing emissions will lower temperatures globally, so the answer is yes. The purpose of the CT is to limit the use of fossil fuels, which would reduce emissions.

I can't explain it in greater detail to someone with no understanding of Climate Change, so you'll have to read through the thread to achieve a greater understanding. Rest assured, all of your questions have been addressed in that thread. Many times.

Interesting 

how do you explain the fact the earth was warmer before man, had more CO2 before us 

also, so you think a country, Canada which emits 2% of global emissions, should pay a tax that hurts Canadians when China and india don’t, and it will make a difference? 

sounds a lot like virtue signaling and a wealth transfer to the govt 

Oh and btw, because of our boreal forests, Canada is technically a carbon sink and better than net zero. Countries should pay us. 

but carry on being hosed by your govt 

i’m definitely not the confused one, nor the brainwashed

and if Co2 is deadly, why do they pump it into greenhouses for plants to grow?

IMG_7963.jpeg

IMG_7964.jpeg

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It was ruled unconstitutional by a FEDERAL court.  Just so we are accurate here and operating on facts. 

a lower court in Ontario, which is under appeal. 

The decision won't hold up in the supreme court. 

Interesting 

how do you explain the fact the earth was warmer before man, had more CO2 before us 

That's an easy one.  Step on over to the climate change thread and we can hash it out.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

To be fair Jimmy, he's an expert in Economics, not English....

true dat. He's bigly beep boop economist. 

He's just a troll, which is pretty much what I expect out of a PP gov't if they make it that far. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Interesting 

also, so you think a country, Canada which emits 2% of global emissions, should pay a tax that hurts Canadians when China and india don’t, and it will make a difference? 

Oh and btw, because of our boreal forests, Canada is technically a carbon sink and better than net zero. Countries should pay us. 

but carry on on being hosed by your govt 

i’m definitely not the confused on 

nor the brainwashed 

IMG_7963.jpeg

IMG_7964.jpeg

Fuck we are getting hosed!!!

And it’s only 1.5% for Canada. Which is even worse!!  Damn, every person in China and India should be driving a Tesla and using an electrical heat source!! 

• Like 1

Interesting 

also, so you tbink a country, Canada which emits 2% of global emissions, should pay a tax that hurts Canadians when China and india don’t, and it will make a difference? 

but carry on on being hosed by your govt 

i’m definitely not the confused on 

nor the brainwashed 

IMG_7963.jpeg

IMG_7964.jpeg

You asked a question and I answered.

Taking global temperatures back to a time before man existed has zero relevance to Anthropogenic Climate Change....

Unless you happen to be one of those people who don't think human activities are accelerating CC? If that's the case, please let me know, so I can just ignore your thoughts on the subject altogether.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Fuck we are getting hosed!!!

And it’s only 1.5% for Canada. Which is even worse!!  Damn, every person in China and India should be driving a Tesla and using an electrical heat source!! 

We’re also a carbon sink because of our boreal forests 

hosed beyond your imagination 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

a lower court in Ontario, which is under appeal. 

The decision won't hold up in the supreme court. 

And you know this how?

Also, pretty much every court case goes to a lower court first. The Supreme Court doesn’t take cases straight off the bat. That’s why there is something called an appellate court. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Remember when Trudeau used the Emergencies Act to suppress the Freedom Convoy...then it was ruled unconstitutional in Jan 2024?

And is still being appealed.  Trudeau waited too long and was too gentle with those pieces of shit. 

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There were no term limits in 1940 when FDR ran for a 3rd term. Something that the USA fixed like almost 100 years ago. 

Maybe it’s time Canada fixed the problem too? 

Pierre Poilievre had this idea 24 years ago, just before he was elected and stayed in office for 20 years he stated in a paper that made him semi famous that no politician should be in office at all for more than two terms. 20 years in office later and he has apparently changed his mind. 

Just now, RupertKBD said:

You asked a question and I answered.

Taking global temperatures back to a time before man existed has zero relevance to Anthropogenic Climate Change....

Unless you happen to be one of those people who don't think human activities are accelerating CC? If that's the case, please let me know, so I can just ignore your thoughts on the subject altogether.

My goodness 

someone needs to learn how numbers and graphs are manipulated 

And you know this how?

reading opinions on the decision. 

Also, pretty much every court case goes to a lower court first. The Supreme Court doesn’t take cases straight off the bat. That’s why there is something called an appellate court. 

and mistakes are made, which were in this case. 

The convoy morons and their supporters think they were vindicated, but when they lose in the SC they'll cry "activist" or some other sad shit. 

My goodness 

"Someone" needs to learn alright....That's why I gave you directions to the Climate Change thread.

BTW: I'm assuming your new country won't have a Carbon Tax, right?

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Damn, every person in China and India should be driving a Tesla and using an electrical heat source!! 

China is on pace to have over 50% of its energy sources from renewables like solar and wind and hydro in just 6 years time. 

Alberta is on pace for 50% by 3020, lol. (just rhetorical bs here in this line, not a sourced statistic!)

Just now, RupertKBD said:

"Someone" needs to learn alright....That's why I gave you directions to the Climate Change thread.

BTW: I'm assuming your new country won't have a Carbon Tax, right?

Nope 

no need for one 

it doesn’t do anything other than pilfer money from our pockets and give it to govt who would waste it 

it won’t change the “climate”

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

You know that one is quite true!   I wonder if any numbers and graphs NOT associated with climate change manipulated.

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

China is on pace to have over 50% of its energy sources from renewables like solar and wind and hydro in just 6 years time. 

Alberta is on pace for 50% by 3020, lol. (just rhetorical bs here in this line, not a sourced statistic!)

It’s also the worlds largest consumer of coal fired energy 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Gurn said:

remember how it is being appealed- as either 'side' would have done.

This is Supreme Court bound- and always was.

Keep in mind the idiots these people are defending decided to try to overthrow the federal government in a tantrum against provincial mandates.  Expecting common sense from the terrorists or those who support them is futile.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1