Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

It’s also the worlds largest consumer of coal fired energy 

for a hot minute yeah, but they aren't defending it as the 'future of energy' like a certain provincial premier. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

To be fair Jimmy, he's an expert in Economics, not English....

Oh, he's proven that his command of the language is tenuous at best, and seems to think it's everyone else's fault that he's unable to communicate like an adult using written communication.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

So no data exists to show a correlation? Or just no data you’d accept? Statscan disagrees.

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2021/as-sa/98-200-X/2021009/98-200-x2021009-eng.cfm

Thanks for the government provided data ahahahahah. Like when I use to show my muscles to my grandma after she called me a handsome young man. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

thats funny, they are the ones also voting for it, and actually implementing it. 

we all dropped the ball on housing, as well you know. No one was going to want the equity party to end, and coming from someone like you supposedly in the business thats really funny. 

They are voting for it because if they don’t then Jagmeet will call an election. 

As for housing, Trudeau keeps saying he will fix the problem. Why doesn’t he just admit that he can’t?  Yes, nobody wanted to stop the party. Not even one politician. You wanna know why?  Because they were all making money too. 

At the peak of the BC real estate market, our finance minister at the time, Mike De Jong owned 8 properties. So why would he want the party to end?  

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

They are voting for it because if they don’t then Jagmeet will call an election. 

As for housing, Trudeau keeps saying he will fix the problem. Why doesn’t he just admit that he can’t?  Yes, nobody wanted to stop the party. Not even one politician. You wanna know why?  Because they were all making money too. 

At the peak of the BC real estate market, our finance minister at the time, Mike De Jong owned 8 properties. So why wound he want the party to end?  

So Pierre is lying to everyone when he says he can fix housing too.

Got it.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Thanks for the government provided data ahahahahah. Like when I use to show my muscles to my grandma after she called me a handsome young man. 

I do not often agree with you, but your more recent posts seem way too far out there, for you.

Are you doing ok?

Or are you just enjoying trying to get into the mosh/dog pit?

Edited by Gurn
  • chaos 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

At the peak of the BC real estate market, our finance minister at the time, Mike De Jong owned 8 properties. So why wound he want the party to end?  

This reminds me that the average price of a house in Vancouver was up 125% during the Harper decade and only 64% in the nearly decade since. 
huh. I forgot about that for a moment. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Curious to know if you would believe all a Conservative government said.

Yeesh 

never ending with these folks is it 

I know, it is exhausting that they want everyone to resign but themselves, but they are elected MP's and i guess we have to let them tilt at their windmills. 

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, they are ALL lying…

So....since he also.lied about being housing minister and also managed to spend hundreds of millions to only build a couple dozen units

How is he different than what we have now?

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Funny part is

It is all the liberals fault

then suddenly it's all the NDP's fault, because they are supporting the Liberals.

Yet for many, many, many, pages people would point out that it is a minority government and were met with derision, because it was all the liberals fault.

And yet there is still a denial that the covid spending was approved by all the parties-thus is on al of them.

They all deserve the credit for doing the right thing- keeping Canada going.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Got a real source from an accredited news organization or just the word of neo-Nazi vermin?

Is there a reason why leftists can’t use google? 

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/carbon-tax-will-impact-gdp-by-25-billion-in-2030-internal-data-released-by-liberals-shows

now what? Are going to admit your heroes and the media lie to you yet?

Edited by ArmchairGM22

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Trudeau has been in power 9 years and he's just getting around to implementing these strategies IF he gets re-elected for a 4th term?  

I suspect that the reasons are related to a global pandemic and a war which caused economic distress to most Canadians while lil peepee's pals were making record profits.

Even if it took this long, how is addressing these issues a bad thing?  Lil peepee will almost assuredly do the opposite and cater to the corporations and the ultra wealthy.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Meanwhile in the entirety of the story and NOT just a click bait title we see yet again.

You're lying and it exaggerating the story

The government had previously said it could not release the data because it could contain sensitive information.

“Because of our relentless questioning and the pressure that is weighing heavily on Liberal MPs, the government has finally relented and released part of the information. It had to be pulled out like a rotten tooth, and rotten it is,” said Poilievre in the House of Commons.

Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) estimates that the real, or inflation-adjusted, GDP in a scenario without a carbon tax in 2030 would be $2,688 billion. With a carbon tax, that number drops to $2,663, which is a difference of $25 billion.

That amounts to a 0.92 per cent reduction in real GDP in 2030. It is slightly lower than the PBO’s estimation of 1.3 per cent which it predicted in its first economic analysis in 2022.

ECCC’s numbers also show that the carbon tax is bringing the country’s emissions down.

Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault said that, put together, the fuel charge and the industrial carbon tax will account for nearly 80 million tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions in 2030 — which represents about a third of projected total emissions.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

This tracks.....I checked the list of countries with a Carbon Tax and Nicaragua isn't on the list....

You’re really bothered by the fact I’m not giving my money to the Canadian govt after this year. Why?

are you on the dole? 

I’d expect you to be happy, one less visible minority neo Nazi as you guys call us, in Canada lol

You’re really bothered by the fact I’m not giving my money to the Canadian govt after this year. Why?

are you on the dole? 

I’d expect you to be happy, one less visible minority neo Nazi as you guys call us, in Canada lol

Finally you said something factual.

One less person who lies, trolls and exaggerates their credentials in this nation would be great.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Complete hyperbole.

"you guys call us" is such a huge exaggeration.

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Is there a reason why leftists can’t use google? 

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/carbon-tax-will-impact-gdp-by-25-billion-in-2030-internal-data-released-by-liberals-shows

now what? Are going to admit your heroes and the media lie to you yet?

Can use Google, just don't really have the energy to do so every single time you post propaganda from nutjuobs on Twitter.  Found a more reputable source for you that had some extra information omitted by the rag you provided:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/feds-release-carbon-pricing-impact-data-as-cost-debate-rages-1.6925167

"It is important to recognize that the data published today does not represent a comprehensive economic overview of the impacts of carbon pricing," Guilbeault said.

"Instead, it is background data related to a specific request from the PBO, which was then used to develop some of their analysis."

For example, he said, it doesn't contain details on the economic benefits of the $15 to $25 billion invested in fighting climate change every year, or the benefits to the economy of slowing the pace of that change.

It also doesn't look at the economic impact of the Canada Carbon Rebate, which this year is expected to return $11 billion to Canadian families to offset how much they pay in carbon pricing.

"Those things are not part of the analysis because the parliamentary budget officer did not ask us for (that) information," Guilbeault said.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I suspect that the reasons are related to a global pandemic and a war which caused economic distress to most Canadians while lil peepee's pals were making record profits.

Even if it took this long, how is addressing these issues a bad thing?  Lil peepee will almost assuredly do the opposite and cater the the corporations and the ultra wealthy.

There was a pandemic and a war in 2016?

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Meanwhile in the entirety of the story and NOT just a click bait title we see yet again.

You're lying and it exaggerating the story

The government had previously said it could not release the data because it could contain sensitive information.

“Because of our relentless questioning and the pressure that is weighing heavily on Liberal MPs, the government has finally relented and released part of the information. It had to be pulled out like a rotten tooth, and rotten it is,” said Poilievre in the House of Commons.

Environment and Climate Change Canada (ECCC) estimates that the real, or inflation-adjusted, GDP in a scenario without a carbon tax in 2030 would be $2,688 billion. With a carbon tax, that number drops to $2,663, which is a difference of $25 billion.

That amounts to a 0.92 per cent reduction in real GDP in 2030. It is slightly lower than the PBO’s estimation of 1.3 per cent which it predicted in its first economic analysis in 2022.

ECCC’s numbers also show that the carbon tax is bringing the country’s emissions down.

Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault said that, put together, the fuel charge and the industrial carbon tax will account for nearly 80 million tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions in 2030 — which represents about a third of projected total emissions.

So not only did i have to give you 2 sources because you think anyone who isn't an extreme leftist is a neo nazi

but now i have to explain to you what it literally says in the headline and in the text you copied

that GDP will be 25 billion lower

smh