Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

8 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Referencing a few posters here who have used that term to describe anyone who isn't an extreme leftist

We have ONE guy using that term.   Last week he would have dropped the 'neo-' and just said Nazi.  Progress.

(I quite like the guy part from that btw)

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, NoHeart said:

You guys can use all the cherry picked data you want. The people are going to make the choice. The approval rating, the polls speak for my argument. You’re all going to be smothered in capitalism. Hopefully the Red Cross is ready for all the poverty and home abortions. I’m so excited. 

What are you babbling about?

Attention new comers and intermittents like yourself...

There is hardly anyone in here that wants JT to stay in power. Maybe one or two.

There are a few more that think if the LIbs get an outsider to become new leader, they have a chance. Such as @Elias Pettersson

I dont agree, i think like @Warhippy.  We think PP has this locked.

So, as you can see by my two examples of posters...some, like you, aren't paying attention to the crowd in here. 

Asking about what PP can bring us as a country should be the topics.

Need to drop the JTDS. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What caused the inflation he asks.

Again 

Who sets and controls the prices of

Food

Fuel

Housing 

The three single largest contributors to inflation in our nation.

Try answering this one.  I have faith in you

The worst part is we have given him all the answers to the questions, just too stubborn to admit his diploma has been deemed useless.  Maybe that’s the real reason we are in this trouble.  A bunch of “suprsmrt” business degree types in the world.  

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

What are you babbling about?

Attention new comers and intermittents like yourself...

There is hardly anyone in here that wants JT to stay in power. Maybe one or two.

There are a few more that think if the LIbs get an outsider to become new leader, they have a chance. Such as @Elias Pettersson

I dont agree, i think like @Warhippy.  We think PP has this locked.

So, as you can see by my two examples of posters...some, like you, aren't paying attention to the crowd in here. 

Asking about what PP can bring us as a country should be the topics.

Need to drop the JTDS. 

I just want to know what PP is planning. Is it something like he wins, and next days says "ha ha kidding, it's not broken?" or whats the plan? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

people do get tired of politicians after a while, thats true. 

Skippy is a little dweeb tho, not sure what you're expecting to get better? 

This is exactly like the Benning bros. Constantly defending and excusing epic incompetence. Look how well that change turned out. Sometimes you just gotta change things. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Well, as entertaining as troll whack-a-mole has been, I think it's safe to say we've all learned nothing here today. 

It's so disappointing....

....we had an actual Professor of Economoics and he wasn't able to teach a single thing.....except the fact that he has a couple of graphics that he really likes....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

But I thought we were all getting more money back from the rebates than we were paying?  I was told in this thread many times that we were going to MAKE money from the carbon tax.  How dare these politicians lie to my face!!!!!

Call me what you will but I want to hear of this bombshell from another source before I believe it.  This politician may just have been lying to my face.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Energy prices are one of the largest drivers of inflation - this is an economic fact. Is it the only drive, no. And no one said as such.

As for closeted bigot, nice to hear a white man tell the minority is a bigot. I must be like the black face of white supremacy huh? Like that was his name, the guy that ran against Newsome? That's what they called him

lol

I’m white now?? You are full of assumptions arent you? Oh and you don’t think POC can be bigoted?  I’m questioning what school could have given someone with such lack of basic knowledge a diploma. 

1 minute ago, Rook said:

The worst part is we have given him all the answers to the questions, just too stubborn to admit his diploma has been deemed useless.  Maybe that’s the real reason we are in this trouble.  A bunch of “suprsmrt” business degree types in the world.  

What's funny is that some of us also have business degrees but don't throw them around to try to prove ourselves right, as we understand the appeal to authority is a fallacy.  Effective communication skills, including using proper English language, understanding one's audience and the like must have been some corners cut in his diploma mill.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I just want to know what PP is planning. Is it something like he wins, and next days says "ha ha kidding, it's not broken?" or whats the plan? 

His plan is to torment you for the next 8 years Bob.  You might have to move to Italy to get away from him really.  I would recommend the Amalfi Coast.  A bit expensive, but you'd have the time of your life.  Tuscany is great too.  You and your wife can get drunk every night from the purity of the Chianti wine and the absolute deliciousness of the Florence street food...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, NoHeart said:

This is exactly like the Benning bros. Constantly defending and excusing epic incompetence. Look how well that change turned out. Sometimes you just gotta change things. 

I think you'd be pretty hard pressed to find a Justin defender in here, if there were true believers that sailed a long time ago. 

What we're tired of is the lame "Trudeau did everything" horse shit, because 1) its not true, and 2) it lets Skippy win without a plan.

I agree, many times change is needed, but not if we're just going to step into a bigger pile of shit. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Rook said:

I’m white now?? You are full of assumptions arent you? Oh and you don’t think POC can be bigoted?  I’m questioning what school could have given someone with such lack of basic knowledge a diploma. 

Am I wrong? Nope

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His plan is to torment you for the next 8 years Bob.  You might have to move to Italy to get away from him really.  I would recommend the Amalfi Coast.  A bit expensive, but you'd have the time of your life.  Tuscany is great too.  You and your wife can get drunk every night from the purity of the Chianti wine and the absolute deliciousness of the Florence street food...

Italy is now conservative, he would lose his mind. Perhaps China or North Korea are better fits?

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

nah, I'll go to Bethlehem and pray for you. Maybe go see that cool ark thing in the redneck riviera. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Yeah....and you guys are exactly like the guys who figured John Tortorella was going to right the ship after AV....:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Rook said:

See my avatar for an example.

Edited by King Heffy

Just now, Bob Long said:

nah, I'll go to Bethlehem and pray for you. Maybe go see that cool ark thing in the redneck riviera. 

Bethlehem isn't what it used to be.  Us Catholics know that.  If you go to the Amalfi Coast you are only a short drive to the Vatican.  You could pray there and maybe even meet with the Pope for a private service...

2 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Italy is now conservative, he would lose his mind. Perhaps China or North Korea are better fits?

I've been many times, my wife is a dual Canadian-Italian citizen. I can actually get my citizenship through her if I go live there for a bit. 

It's a coalition government, so I'll be happy and always have a say. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Bethlehem isn't what it used to be.  Us Catholics know that.  If you go to the Amalfi Coast you are only a short drive to the Vatican.  You could pray there and maybe even meet with the Pope for a private service...

weird fantasy there EP. 

6 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

and run the risk of being stuck with Mike Millbury?

I'd pass on that, if we could.

Maybe find a guy that has a good plan, and can articulate it?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You and your wife can get drunk every night from the purity of the Chianti wine

What does the bolded mean?

I have my WSET 3. I passed my blind red tasting by identifying a Chianti...dont know what the purity part means? organic? Biodynamic?

it was a while ago now so I am actually serious, or were you just using artistic license with your sentence? 

Edited by bishopshodan

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What does the bolded mean?

I have my WSET 3. I passed my blind red tasting by identifying a Chianti...dont know what the purity part means? organic? Biodynamic?

it was a while ago now so I am actually serious, or were you just using artistic icense with your sentence? 

jokes on him, no one goes to Italy for the wine.

• Cheers 1

I’m admittedly busting some balls in here for my own entertainment. To be completely honest I’m much more centrist than I’m posting. It’s just that the further the elastic band gets pulled to the left or right the harder it shoots in the opposite direction when it finally lets go. It’s a self correction mechanism and it’s been the way Canada operates for decades. There are things the majority liberals got passed that the conservatives would’ve never and it’s improved the overall country. Like legalization for example. But now it’s time to bring in the more fiscally responsible and business oriented conservatives in to fine tune the liberal spending. After a while, hopefully the liberals will win back more seats to make the policy more equally represented so we don’t go back to this radical nuclear explosion like we are about to see here. The best governments are run from the middle cause that’s where the majority of people are on the spectrum. Back in the day the liberals use to be the centre government with NDP on the left and Conservative on the right. That balance was thrown off and the overcompensating will follow. Guys like @Warhippyare likely old school liberals from the more centrist era. 

Edited by NoHeart
  • Like 2