Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

jokes on him, no one goes to Italy for the wine.

I think he means the high amount of sangiovese grape in Chiantis maybe.

i agree that there are better areas in the world for wine. But its all opinion. I know Chiantis lost their charm due to overproduction like merlots did. Kinda a trendy world. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

I’m admittedly busting some balls in here for my own entertainment. To be completely honest I’m much more centrist than I’m posting. It’s just that the further the elastic band gets pulled to the left or right the harder it shoots in the opposite direction when it finally lets go. It’s a self correction mechanism and it’s been the way Canada operates for decades. There are things the majority liberals got passed that the conservatives would’ve never and it’s improved the overall country. Like legalization for example. But now it’s time to bring in the more fiscally responsible and business oriented conservatives in to fine tune the liberal spending. After a while, hopefully the liberals will win back more seats to make the policy more equally represented so we don’t go back to this radical nuclear explosion like we are about to see here. The best governments are run from the middle cause that’s where the majority of people are on the spectrum. Back in the day the liberals use to be the centre government with NDP on the left and Conservative on the right. That balance was thrown off and the overcompensating will follow. Guys like @Warhippyare likely old school liberals from the more centrist era. 

I could get here with you but for two things: the CPC isn't fiscally conservative anymore, and there's too many socially regressive god boys in there now.

• Vintage 1

@ArmchairGM22, if you want to attack someone's family (and make some hilarious and incorrect assumptions) because you can't handle being called out by them, at least have the balls to do so in public instead of privately.  Since your clearly didn't understand "don't PM me", kindly get someone else to explain that means stay the fuck out of my PMs.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Haha 1
  • Wiener 1

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think he means the high amount of sangiovese grape in Chiantis maybe.

i agree that there are better areas in the world for wine. But its all opinion. I know Chiantis lost their charm due to overproduction like merlots did. Kinda a trendy world. 

I had some really good local  sparkling wine there, and some awesome lemoncello.

Maybe he watches too many Hannibal Lecter movies? 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

@ArmchairGM22, if you want to attack someone's family because you can't handle being called out by them, at least have the balls to do so in public instead of privately.  Since your clearly didn't understand "don't PM me", kindly get someone else to explain that means stay the fuck out of my PMs.

Attack your family? I said 'Stop insulting and what would your wife or kids think about your behavour here" I am happy to post it for all to see

Clearly telling you to grow up was correct. I will post it for everyone to see, so we can end this childish nonsense

GOOD GOD

Cut and paste

"So then block me or stop insulting me. You are making a fool of yourself. Does your wife know you act this way online? I bet she would be shocked at your behaviour. What about your kids?

Time to grow up"

Edited by ArmchairGM22

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

Attack your family? I said 'Stop insulting and what would your wife or kids think about your behavour here" I am happy to post it for all to see

Clearly telling you to grow up was correct. I will post it for everyone to see, so we can end this childish nonsense

GOOD GOD

Normal people are capable of debate and don't need to bring someone's (in this case non-existent) family into it.  You also left out the point where you were told not to PM me again and either couldn't or wouldn't understand what that meant.

• Upvote 1
  • Wiener 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I had some really good local  sparkling wine there, and some awesome lemoncello.

Maybe he watches too many Hannibal Lecter movies? 

even when I ate meat...i couldnt enjoy liver.

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

@bishopshodan saw this today thought of you : https://bbc.com/news/articles/cv223z15mpmo

That is awesome Jim, thank you.

My wife was just telling me the other day that Elephants actually give each other names.

Love it. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Normal people are capable of debate and don't need to bring someone's (in this case non-existent) family into it.  You also left out the point where you were told not to PM me again and either couldn't or wouldn't understand what that meant.

Thanks for posting.

What kind of person brings anothers family into an online convo...? Unreal.

It's a level of spineless, weakness that is surprising. But you know, keyboard warriors and all that. 

I wont feed the troll anymore.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • MillerTime 1

1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

You guys can use all the cherry picked data you want. The people are going to make the choice. The approval rating, the polls speak for my argument. You’re all going to be smothered in capitalism. Hopefully the Red Cross is ready for all the poverty and home abortions. I’m so excited. 

Being smothered in capitalism is fine. Being smothered in crony capitalism is what is worrisome.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 2

49 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What does the bolded mean?

I have my WSET 3. I passed my blind red tasting by identifying a Chianti...dont know what the purity part means? organic? Biodynamic?

it was a while ago now so I am actually serious, or were you just using artistic license with your sentence? 

They make Chianti wine in Tuscany. It’s the literal birthplace of Chianti wine. You can visit all of the vineyards while you are there.

The Chianti wine in Tuscany is as pure of a Chianti wine that you will get. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They make Chianti wine in Tuscany. It’s the literal birthplace of Chianti wine. You can visit all of the vineyards while you are there.

I'm just a little confused about using "purity" to describe a blend.  "Authentic" might be a better choice?

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oh, I was over thinking what you meant.

Side note...I hate the regional old world reasons for what is a good wine. So silly. Like people that only drink champagne and refuse sparkling wine. 

Its how its' produced and what is in it that is more important. Of course regions and environment play a big role but there are soo many other parts of the world that can contribute.  Its finally starting to change though. 

Anyway, I'm out of that business and dont drink anymore.

Wait a min, you dont drink either do you?

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm just a little confused about using "purity" to describe a blend.  "Authentic" might be a better choice?

thats kinda what threw me too.

had me thinking about the blend. 

23 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Being smothered in capitalism is fine. Being smothered in crony capitalism is what is worrisome.

lol, ya and JT is all for the people. Definitely doesn’t have his hands in anyone’s pockets. He can’t even run a marriage FFS. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

Thanks for the government provided data ahahahahah. Like when I use to show my muscles to my grandma after she called me a handsome young man. 

Exactly as I said, “just no data you’d accept.” 

After a simple search statscan seems to be a good enough source for a bunch of posters, as often from the left as the right. But hey if you want to call bullshit on your grandma who am I to argue.

7 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

lol, ya and JT is all for the people. Definitely doesn’t have his hands in anyone’s pockets. He can’t even run a marriage FFS. 

Just wait till he annouces his new relationship with Taylor Swift, right before the next election.

boom.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Exactly as I said, “just no data you’d accept.” 

After a simple search statscan seems to be a good enough source for a bunch of posters, as often from the left as the right. But hey if you want to call bullshit on your grandma who am I to argue.

I’ve spent hrs in the past posting data but now that the conservatives are going to out number all the parties combined I don’t care to waste my time. The consensus is arguing for me. If the liberal party was doing such a great job you’d see it in the approval rating and polls. 

• Vintage 1
  • Wiener 1

14 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

lol, ya and JT is all for the people. Definitely doesn’t have his hands in anyone’s pockets.

Of course he does,and if it's all legal more power to him.

But just fyi a Burnaby school superintendent makes as much as our PM. 

14 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

He can’t even run a marriage FFS. 

A bit low.