Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, The Lock said:

I think I know what happened with this conversation. I meant to say debt from the beginning, not balanced budget. Apologies for the confusion.

No worries. Harper was actually on track to balance 3 budgets. However, Trudeau took his last budget which was supposed to be a surplus and turned it into a deficit after he took power. 

So Trudeau couldn’t even balance an already balanced budget. Unbelievable. 

IMG_1603.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So you do admit he actually balanced two budgets. You just don’t like the way he did it. Gotcha. 

I suppose you prefer a progressive Liberal government that spends like drunken sailors while destroying the future of our kids and several generations after them?  

There is a reason why generation Z is turning against he progressive Liberal government and voting Conservative. They’d like a shot at preserving their future. 

Playing a shell game with tax revenue to bennefit coprorations, while screwing portions of the electorate and compromising your nations ability to protect it's oceans and selling off yet another long term crown asset that should still belong to Canada and Canadians is not "balancing a budget".

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

You really seem Be a Trudy defender for someone “unsure” lol

enjoy the conservative landslide bud 

I sure will

How is presenting a debt graph making me a "Trudy defender"?

There's not even Trudeau in that graph. I even stated in a later post that Harper's debt increase is nothing compared with Trudeau's later on.

This is what I mean by you being disingenuous in your discussion.

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Where can I buy/try your butter?

I include me in the phrasing but it is really my sisters family. I worked the farm though most of my teenage years and my adult ones before joining the army...

In fact they produce for Island Farms so if you buy island farms products you are buying our dairy products. Sometimes shipments go to Dairyland milk too, as the head offices will buy and sell to each other to fill shortages or sell off overages. Mostly Island Farms.

if you meant you wanna breed some awesome cows: https://bull.selectsires.com/71HO1380 is a decent enough line from our old girl who passed away a few decades ago, Joyce still holds number three in the world and Canada's best dairy profile. Harvested thousand upon thousands of her eggs before she passed of old age. 

19 minutes ago, The Lock said:

How is presenting a debt graph making me a "Trudy defender"?

There's not even Trudeau in that graph. I even stated in a later post that Harper's debt increase is nothing compared with Trudeau's later on.

This is what I mean by you being disingenuous in your discussion.

Yet another insult 

Go take a walk dude 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

25 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Playing a shell game with tax revenue to bennefit coprorations, while screwing portions of the electorate and compromising your nations ability to protect it's oceans and selling off yet another long term crown asset that should still belong to Canada and Canadians is not "balancing a budget".

So is destroying the lives of the next several generations a better way to run the government?

3 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

This is not sustainable 

IMG_7950.jpeg

IMG_7948.jpeg

IMG_7946.jpeg

IMG_7949.jpeg

The thing is without proping up the economy with those massive outlays of cash, even knowing it would cause 2% inflation, then individual and corporate bankruptcies would have absolutely gutted Canada's working class and business class alike. LIke it or not, the reason we are here happily chatting away on our expensive phones and internet connections is because we can still afford them thanks to the massive outlays of cash at crucial times. I argued then and I am arguing now that giving cash to individuals was never really about those individuals: it was about every single business they spent that cash at. The money kept everyone afloat, mostly, through the worst global pandemic of our generation. 

None of your charts mention the global lockdown at all and what would have been the result if we didn't deify grocery clerks and give the paycheck to paycheck crowd more to spend. 

I know you disagree on the direction the duly elected leader took the ship, but a large chunk, more than half of Canadians agree with the direction and at the time, every party in the house agreed. You can't divorce the 2020 to 2022 era from the situation you are sketching with these charts. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

The thing is without proping up the economy with those massive outlays of cash, even knowing it would cause 2% inflation, then individual and corporate bankruptcies would have absolutely gutted Canada's working class and business class alike. LIke it or not, the reason we are here happily chatting away on our expensive phones and internet connections is because we can still afford them thanks to the massive outlays of cash at crucial times. I argued then and I am arguing now that giving cash to individuals was never really about those individuals: it was about every single business they spent that cash at. The money kept everyone afloat, mostly, through the worst global pandemic of our generation. 

None of your charts mention the global lockdown at all and what would have been the result if we didn't deify grocery clerks and give the paycheck to paycheck crowd more to spend. 

I know you disagree on the direction the duly elected leader took the ship, but a large chunk, more than half of Canadians agree with the direction and at the time, every party in the house agreed. You can't divorce the 2020 to 2022 era from the situation you are sketching with these charts. 

If you come out of a global pandemic where to inflated the economy to all hell

Do you not think being prudent with spending post pandemic should be the right course?

They have not done that 

Lets drop it we won’t agree 

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Are you able to post the actual primary source, or this something that is too difficult for your with your struggles with debate skills and the English language?

It literally states the source 

Is it too difficult to read? And google?

keep up with the insults 

It’s fun to see them, so original 

love seeing white liberals insult black minorities for their language 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

Just now, ArmchairGM22 said:

It literally states the source 

Is it too difficult to read? And google?

keep up with the insults 

It’s fun to see them, so original 

So you are unable to provide the source.  Got it.  Maybe choose to work on your shortcomings instead of being offended when they're called out.

Edited by King Heffy

18 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

So you are unable to provide the source.  Got it.  Maybe choose to work on your shortcomings instead of being offended when they're called out.

You see the word 

abacus? 

So funny. 

that insult in bold is a good one! Got any more left? 

why don’t you call me the N word too. Come on bro, I can take it 

such a great “liberal” 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

6 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

If you come out of a global pandemic where to inflated the economy to all hell

Do you not think being prudent with spending post pandemic should be the right course?

They have not done that 

Lets drop it we won’t agree 

I think we have a lot of economic room to keep providing important services to people, and to lift people out of abject poverty and to meet our Nato obligations too. 
When I was born the National Debt at the time was "outrageous" at almost 17 billion. If folks fifty years ago thought we would have finances like we do today, fifty years later, they would have realized that 17 Billion is chump change for a G7 country. There is nothing to suggest this resource rich nation, currently set out on a course to monetize our rare earth metals for the future the way fossil fuels were monetized for the last hundred years, ...nothing to suggest that in fifty years time todays debt won't seem just as trivial as that 17 billion. Keep in mind our giant neighbour with ten times our population has 100 times our debt, and it allays some fears in that regard, imo. 
We won't agree that we need to strip the social safety net in order to 'pay' for Covid. I am absolutely thrilled that we got through that worst of the covid era the way we did as a nation and it was money well spent. Over time the deficit will reduce and we will pay down some billions a year on the debt, our economy has been outpacing predictions for two years now since the lockdowns ended and it is going to erupt when supply chain issues are sorted out in a few years time and some wars end. We have what the world needs to move past fossil fuels and climate changing emissions. Not to trigger you, but in that regard the budget will balance itself. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

You see the word 

abacus? 

So funny. 

that’s a good one? Got any more left? 

why don’t you call me the N word too. Come one bro, I can take it 

such a great “liberal” 

So you're still choosing to rely on your shit source instead of providing a real one, while also butchering the English language.  Not worth the suspension I'd take for saying what I actually think.

Just now, King Heffy said:

So you're still choosing to rely on your shit source instead of providing a real one, while also butchering the English language.  Not worth the suspension I'd take for saying what I actually think.

Abacus is a shit source? They’re a leading pollster dude lol

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

It’s concerning that you think polls suggesting a conservative landslide are fake 

Considering it’s most of them 

Abacus is a shit source? They’re a leading pollster dude lol

You didn't post the actual source, you posted a random picture from some idiot on Twitter.  Please tell me I do not have to explain the difference to you.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

You didn't post the actual source, you posted a random picture from some idiot on Twitter.  Please tell me I do not have to explain the difference to you.

It says the source

Google the source 

please tell me I don’t have to explain how to use google to you 

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Is the election tomorrow? 

Good luck bro 

I hear narnia is nice this time of year 

In my business we say the trend is your friend 

it ain’t the friend of Trudy 

and more time only allows more crap scandals to emerge which I’m sure there are 

not to mention we know he’s hiding the names for a reason 

tax me baby one more time! (To the tune of Britney Spears! Lol) 

Do you sing that?

Edited by ArmchairGM22

It says the source

Google the source 

please tell me I don’t have to explain how to use google to you 

How about provide the actual source the first time instead of making others do the work for you.  It's not everyone else's job to translate the garbage you're posting into something coherent.

Just now, King Heffy said:

How about provide the actual source the first time instead of making others do the work for you.  It's not everyone else's job to translate the garbage you're posting into something coherent.

Ok dude you’re on block 

go use google