Canadian Politics Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, Alflives said:

Mid term polls mean ziperdoodle. IMHAO Canadians aren’t so stupid as to vote for a party with Poo as their leader. Come 1.5 years from now voters will not vote for Poi Poo. Cons should change their leader if they want to win. 

They aren’t voting more of the same dude 

4 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Yes we will. Poo Poo is the reason why Canadians will not vote Conservative. If the Cons truly hope to win they need to dumperoo that smelly bastard. But they are too arrogant to do that. And that’s their fatal flaw.,so it will be five more years of the Pretty One and his puffy hair.,

• Wiener 1

25 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Good luck bro 

I hear narnia is nice this time of year 

In my business we say the trend is your friend 

it ain’t the friend of Trudy 

and more time only allows more crap scandals to emerge which I’m sure there are 

not to mention we know he’s hiding the names for a reason 

tax me baby one more time! (To the tune of Britney Spears! Lol) 

Do you sing that?

Is that a no? 

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes we will. Poo Poo is the reason why Canadians will not vote Conservative. If the Cons truly hope to win they need to dumperoo that smelly bastard. But they are too arrogant to do that. And that’s their fatal flaw.,so it will be five more years of the Pretty One and his puffy hair.,

What does he smell like? 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Yet another insult 

Go take a walk dude 

So rather than trying to understand why, you just think of it as an insult. All that really shows is insecurity. I'm not even meaning that as an insult. I genuinely hope you learn to grow a thicker skin.

Anyway, nice chatting with you.

Edited by The Lock

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

So you're still choosing to rely on your shit source instead of providing a real one, while also butchering the English language.  Not worth the suspension I'd take for saying what I actually think.

Ummm, Abacus is a real source...

Abacus Data

Abacus Data - Wikipedia

Abacus Data is a Canadian polling and market research firm based in Ottawa, Ontario. It was founded in August 2010,[1] soon after its founder and chairman David Coletto graduated from the University of Calgary with a PhD in political science.[2]

The company's surveys and political opinion polls are sometimes cited in Canadian news media, including The Globe and Mail, the National Post, the Toronto Star, and Sun Media newspapers.[3][4]

Abacus Data Poll: Post-Interest Rate Cut, Conservatives lead by 20 and Liberal vote share drops to lowest level since 2015. - Abacus Data

19 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Ummm, Abacus is a real source...

Abacus Data

Abacus Data - Wikipedia

Abacus Data is a Canadian polling and market research firm based in Ottawa, Ontario. It was founded in August 2010,[1] soon after its founder and chairman David Coletto graduated from the University of Calgary with a PhD in political science.[2]

The company's surveys and political opinion polls are sometimes cited in Canadian news media, including The Globe and Mail, the National Post, the Toronto Star, and Sun Media newspapers.[3][4]

Abacus Data Poll: Post-Interest Rate Cut, Conservatives lead by 20 and Liberal vote share drops to lowest level since 2015. - Abacus Data

I'm not disputing Abacus as a source.  I am stating that posting the actual poll data instead of a picture with no clickable link from some twitter nutjob would have been preferable.  He seemed to have a great deal of difficulty understanding this.  The source you provided, no issue. 

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think the next election is going to be a whitewash for the Progressive Liberals.  They may not even come out of it being the official opposition.  Time for the big boys and girls in the party to step up and tell Trudeau he needs to go...

What many Canadians are not considering is the post Trudeau era where debt service will truly come to fruition. Governments around the world have ran deficits in an attempt to paper over the lack of growth. That growth would have, to some extent. mitigated the debt being ran up. IMHO Trudeau's government has been particularly incompetent in how they spent their budgets. That aside, it is what it is. What will Poilievre do different? 

I have to hope that Poilievre will enhance the value on money spent. Will stimulate the economy somehow by encouraging private investment. However, the bottom line is that the balance sheet of Canada is not what it was a decade ago. A weaker balance sheet will limit what can be done. In the 70's, 80's and 90's the business cycle brought boom and bust. When busts happened the government had the financial wherewithal to fund a stimulus to recovery. I suggest that is not the case as it was. I don't know whether PP has the ability to turn this situation around. He knows how Ottawa works but I don't know how he views the economy. As per usual in Canada the debate of the country's issues is extremely weak. Just as many on this thread critic PP's potential there is a over confidence on the otherside. At some point Canada has to become more grounded and educated on what is possible and what are fairy dreams.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think the next election is going to be a whitewash for the Progressive Liberals.  They may not even come out of it being the official opposition.  Time for the big boys and girls in the party to step up and tell Trudeau he needs to go...

You guys are really obsessed with polling a year and a half from the next election. 

I wonder if panic will set in if the gap closes between now and then.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

What many Canadians are not considering is the post Trudeau era where debt service will truly come to fruition. Governments around the world have ran deficits in an attempt to paper over the lack of growth. That growth would have, to some extent. mitigated the debt being ran up. IMHO Trudeau's government has been particularly incompetent in how they spent their budgets. That aside, it is what it is. What will Poilievre do different? 

I have to hope that Poilievre will enhance the value on money spent. Will stimulate the economy somehow by encouraging private investment. However, the bottom line is that the balance sheet of Canada is not what it was a decade ago. A weaker balance sheet will limit what can be done. In the 70's, 80's and 90's the business cycle brought boom and bust. When busts happened the government had the financial wherewithal to fund a stimulus to recovery. I suggest that is not the case as it was. I don't know whether PP has the ability to turn this situation around. He knows how Ottawa works but I don't know how he views the economy. As per usual in Canada the debate of the country's issues is extremely weak. Just as many on this thread critic PP's potential there is a over confidence on the otherside. At some point Canada has to become more grounded and educated on what is possible and what are fairy dreams.  

At least you are admitting you don't know what PPs plan is either.

Our gdp predictions are not as dire as some sources make out: https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/research-insights/economy/the-world-in-2050.html#data

It's an interesting report if you have few minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

You guys are really obsessed with polling a year and a half from the next election. 

I wonder if panic will set in if the gap closes between now and then.

Don’t mid term polls historically see the party in power with low numbers? 

9 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

love seeing white liberals insult black minorities for their language 

9 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

why don’t you call me the N word too. Come on bro, I can take it 

I don't understand - how does your skin color factor into the argument?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Don’t mid term polls historically see the party in power with low numbers? 

They do. These guys like acting like PP has won something. "PM PP in waiting". 😂 

He's waiting all right, so much so he won't even get security clearance.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

They do. These guys like acting like PP has won something. "PM PP in waiting". 😂 

He's waiting all right, so much so he won't even get security clearance.

I’m sure the economic hardships people are feeling will magically reverse because the liberal govt will tax and spend our way out of it!

lmao 

you see son, when you cause a problem 

then try to solve the problem with what caused the problem 

It makes the problem worse 

it’s only going to get worse for the libs

they may end up with single digit seats in the house the way they’re going 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

10 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

But that's exactly what conservative voters are doing, dude. Same but actually worse.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

I’m sure the economic hardships people are feeling will magically reverse because the liberal govt will tax and spend our way out of it!

lmao 

you see son, when you cause a problem 

then try to solve the problem with what caused the problem 

It makes the problem worse 

it’s only going to get worse for the libs

they may end up with single digit seats in the house the way they’re going 

"son" 🤣

11 minutes ago, aGENT said:

But that's exactly what conservative voters are doing, dude. Same but actually worse.

we're actually paying for Harper & co's lack of economic diversity. People like Bouds upset with the decrease in equity investment in Canada have that decade of over-focus on oil to thank for the inaction of diversifying Canada's economy.

The feds are investing a wide range of new areas, but it's going to take time for things to catch up, it is what it is. But private equity is going to things like AI, other high tech, infrastructure and energy right now, and should continue. We also need a big push in skills and trades, which likely has to come via more immigration, since women, e.g., currently in Canada don't see this as a good path for them.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Mid term polls mean ziperdoodle. IMHAO Canadians aren’t so stupid as to vote for a party with Poo as their leader. Come 1.5 years from now voters will not vote for Poi Poo. Cons should change their leader if they want to win. 

You spelt Liberals wrong.  What makes you think Trudeau can become PM again?  Is there anything that he did that makes him deserve an additional 4 years?   You must be referring to Trudeau as he has the worst polling numbers of any party leader.  I guess a poor track record of incompetence and corruption will do that. 

Edited by bolt

10 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Abacus is a shit source? They’re a leading pollster dude lol

Except that graphic wasn't produced by Abacus. It actually says right on it, "Analysis by @RealAlbanianPat" who is some guy on Xitter....

In the lower left, you see the real producer of the graphic, "Canada Proud", which is an organization that describes themselves thusly:

Canada Proud is a grassroots group of Canadians working to defeat Justin Trudeau. As prime minister, Trudeau has repeatedly let our country down. Canada Proud is using the power of social media to hold Trudeau and his Liberals accountable. Millions of Canadians see our content each week.

So yeah....your source is definitely biased and unreliable....

• Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

we're actually paying for Harper & co's lack of economic diversity. People like Bouds upset with the decrease in equity investment in Canada have that decade of over-focus on oil to thank for the inaction of diversifying Canada's economy.

The feds are investing a wide range of new areas, but it's going to take time for things to catch up, it is what it is. But private equity is going to things like AI, other high tech, infrastructure and energy right now, and should continue. We also need a big push in skills and trades, which likely has to come via more immigration, since women, e.g., currently in Canada don't see this as a good path for them.

Don't worry the new Liberal plan will surely work this time.  

• Haha 2